Brittany Bathgate #2 Buying things to fill the gaping hole in her personality

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sheerlux are always singing the praises of Rose Inc.
I almost bought something on that recommendation.

Reactions: 1
BB spends so much time navelgazing about her own content. the whole first section of her vlog is another rambly mess talking about things better kept inside her head or spoken to a friend. if she's bored of her own content, how does she think her viewers feel? maybe take some time to focus on creating something new and original. take a few risks! try new things! BB has become even more bland than usual. stuck in her pretentious box way too focused on her appearance and aesthetic.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
616E85E0-CCC8-4BC2-9C4F-FE555D9CCE29.png

what is it with influencers that they seem to enjoy taking random pictures of strangers.

Reactions: 10
Picked up by Estee Laundry now. It’s going to be a bit awkward for the influencers who took the bait.
We all know this goes on but to have it exposed so beautifully is *chefs kiss*
Wow picked up by Estee so soon? The brand hadn’t been out for a year. How well is it selling?

Reactions: 2
Wow picked up by Estee so soon? The brand hadn’t been out for a year. How well is it selling?
Not sure if this was a joke but just in case it wasn't; the story was picked up by Estée Laundry which is an Instagram account exposing shady beauty business practices. Not Estée Lauder the brand.

Reactions: 7
Not sure if this was a joke but just in case it wasn't; the story was picked up by Estée Laundry which is an Instagram account exposing shady beauty business practices. Not Estée Lauder the brand.
This was already cleared up after the post 😊

I really enjoyed the new vlog. BB was not overthinking, overtalking and glossed over Eye Problems. She seemed really relaxed. Or am I just getting used to her??? 😂

Reactions: 5
I really enjoyed the new vlog. BB was not overthinking, overtalking and glossed over Eye Problems. She seemed really relaxed. Or am I just getting used to her??? 😂
i felt like she was on the verge of tears the whole time haha

Reactions: 2
So it looks like BB is on a Chanel press trip and they're all prancing around in Chanel wellies and riding Chanel pushbikes. How does she get invited to this when she

a: hardly ever shows any make-up/skincare/fragrance
b: and on the rare occasion she has, I don't ever remember it being Chanel

I don't blame her for going (who wouldn't) I just don't understand, these firms must want to throw money away on pointless PR.

Reactions: 9
She's only just posted wearing the Raey white wide-leg trousers, why is she now trying on Matteau ones which, for all intents and purposes, are exactly the same? The Raey ones are probably 0.3mm too long for her tastes or made of the wrong blend of cotton or something

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Did anyone notice in her latest vlog: "these shoes are very similar - yes, yes, yes we all know I have a shopping habit to fill a void" which is spookily similar to the title of this thread ...

• Haha
Reactions: 10
i wonder how long these influencers can last. with the cost of living skyrocketing in the uk, i can't see people having the patience for entitled privileged white women swanning about on press trips wearing expensive clothes they didn't pay for, shilling for brands. i'm already fed up of it. it leaves a really bad taste in the mouth.

at 23:49 of BBs latest vlog she says something like "last week barcelona, this week france. what even is my life right now?" right after a shot of an expensive bad in an expensive car. it's sickening how poor taste this is and how totally oblivious bb is to the way she comes across.

Reactions: 17
Did anyone notice in her latest vlog: "these shoes are very similar - yes, yes, yes we all know I have a shopping habit to fill a void" which is spookily similar to the title of this thread ...
I suppose it’s good she at least recognizes it (the first step AA style LOL). But maybe try to stop doing it if you’re so well aware no? Or tell us why? Like it’s possible there is a helpful aspect like trialing similar things and discussing which one was the best overall and then donate the rest.

And no need to make a big hullabaloo about that either (that’s even worse than doing nothing)- just do it and have less piled up around you or depopped or sequestered in a Monica’s closet and show off your calmer mental health that results? 😂

There’s a charity here called dress for success (not a big fan of the name) that employs stylists and social workers and has their space set up really comfortably like a high end shop (people pick out what they like) to help women with clothes that they can wear to interview in or, more importantly, just raise their self esteem while they try to get on their feet after trauma and/or homelessness/ job loss. They really do a great job.

* and men, and intersex too

Doing something like that would really make her“different from other influencers”

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
I've been wondering this too.

I'm also feeling that influencing is becoming really uncool (not that it ever was cool but now it's becoming quite cringe). For people like BB and Lizzie Hadfield who I think aspire to be cool girls, I feel they're soon going to start looking really old hat if we go into a recession. The grassroots blogging movement emerged out of the last recession as people distrusted big establishments (media etc) and related to 'normal people'. And that turned into... this! So i'm wondering if we'll see a shift away from this voracious consumption and showing off into something... else. 🤔

i wonder how long these influencers can last. with the cost of living skyrocketing in the uk, i can't see people having the patience for entitled privileged white women swanning about on press trips wearing expensive clothes they didn't pay for, shilling for brands. i'm already fed up of it. it leaves a really bad taste in the mouth.

Reactions: 14
I've been wondering this too.

I'm also feeling that influencing is becoming really uncool (not that it ever was cool but now it's becoming quite cringe). For people like BB and Lizzie Hadfield who I think aspire to be cool girls, I feel they're soon going to start looking really old hat if we go into a recession. The grassroots blogging movement emerged out of the last recession as people distrusted big establishments (media etc) and related to 'normal people'. And that turned into... this! So i'm wondering if we'll see a shift away from this voracious consumption and showing off into something... else. 🤔
I 100% agree.

I think people are turning on "influencers". When people see influencers receiving huge PR packages, or in BB's case buying the same $500 pair of white pants but in a barely different cut or expensive brand trips (the Mango trips comes to mind, as if BB would ever shop at Mango), particularly in this economic climate, it makes the regular-day person resentful.

For example, I can't believe BB has gone on back-to-back trips to Spain-France-Spain (I believe that was the sequence, feel free to correct me) and then has the audacity to say she's going on holiday soon like ??? I'm so jealous 😭

I think more YouTubers will move to TikTok since that appears to be more views/money there. It's easier to go viral on TikTok these days and I think people are just tired of YouTube. It's just not the same anymore.

I can't even imagine BB on TikTok though 😂 Guess we'd just see 1 min clips of her fluffing her lifeless hair, as she wont to do, and posing in a mirror awkwardly.

Reactions: 8
I 100% agree.

I think people are turning on "influencers". When people see influencers receiving huge PR packages, or in BB's case buying the same $500 pair of white pants but in a barely different cut or expensive brand trips (the Mango trips comes to mind, as if BB would ever shop at Mango), particularly in this economic climate, it makes the regular-day person resentful.

For example, I can't believe BB has gone on back-to-back trips to Spain-France-Spain (I believe that was the sequence, feel free to correct me) and then has the audacity to say she's going on holiday soon like ??? I'm so jealous 😭

I think more YouTubers will move to TikTok since that appears to be more views/money there. It's easier to go viral on TikTok these days and I think people are just tired of YouTube. It's just not the same anymore.

I can't even imagine BB on TikTok though 😂 Guess we'd just see 1 min clips of her fluffing her lifeless hair, as she wont to do, and posing in a mirror awkwardly.
I've heard that they're going to be TikTok-ifying Instagram too. Apparently they're changing the algorithm to be video-first, we will barely be shown static pictures and the post format will change from a square to vertical aspect ratio so that you swipe through in the same way as TikTok.

It's hard to see how influencers like BB will survive on that platform, given that this particular kind of oversized beige style looks way better better in pictures than in movement or reality

Reactions: 3