Brittany Bathgate #2 Buying things to fill the gaping hole in her personality

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She's taken the video down ...
Came here to say the same thing! Wish I’d got round to watching it last night. I think it’s great she outed some shady practices, sounds like they have form. For anyone who watched it, did she seem conflicted about saying it or was just like ‘well this is weird, this is what they wanted, and I didn’t agree, so byeee’?

Also I’d never heard of Rose Inc, but I am a dinosaur 🦖 🤣 but I sure have now! Not the brand recognition they were hoping for 🤣

Reactions: 1
She's taken the video down ...
What a cop out 😑 the comment section was full of people praising her for calling out rose inc

I wonder if this was a personal decision or her agency advised her to? The problem is it's gonna be on EL stories until tonight and the submission basically states everything she said.

I hope at the very least she addresses why she took down the video rather than just acting as though it never hapened

Came here to say the same thing! Wish I’d got round to watching it last night. I think it’s great she outed some shady practices, sounds like they have form. For anyone who watched it, did she seem conflicted about saying it or was just like ‘well this is weird, this is what they wanted, and I didn’t agree, so byeee’?

Also I’d never heard of Rose Inc, but I am a dinosaur 🦖 🤣 but I sure have now! Not the brand recognition they were hoping for 🤣
She said it with as much confidence as you'd expect from BB, but she did praise the performance if the products (said it was comparable to chanel) she just didn't like how their PR acted. She did explicitly say they told her not to #AD which is illegal in the UK. I think maybe her talking about the legality may have tipped it over the edge of comfortability for her.

Also you're not a dinosaur, Rose Inc only launched in 2021 and atm I think u can only get it at Space NK

Reactions: 8
Oh! I don’t think she realised the full impact of what she said not she might be throwing other influencers under the bus?

Additionally, in hindsight I feel there might have been an element of virtue signalling as she said it though ultimately it’s a good message - “ *I* turned down this campaign but I can see others haven’t so I wouldn’t trust them if I was you.”

Also, Estee Lalonde is the type to put very small ad signs or make them a lighter colour that are discreet so what the eff is she on about highlighting this 😂 not sure if she still does that, but I’ve noticed it from her in the past and that is equally as shady if you ask me.

Reactions: 7
Oh! I don’t think she realised the full impact of what she said not she might be throwing other influencers under the bus?

Additionally, in hindsight I feel there might have been an element of virtue signalling as she said it though ultimately it’s a good message - “ *I* turned down this campaign but I can see others haven’t so I wouldn’t trust them if I was you.”

Also, Estee Lalonde is the type to put very small ad signs or make them a lighter colour that are discreet so what the eff is she on about highlighting this 😂 not sure if she still does that, but I’ve noticed it from her in the past and that is equally as shady if you ask me.
EL in this case is estee laundry

Reactions: 6
I am willing to bet they’ve threatened legal action and she’s panicked and removed it. I would imagine she has messages etc showing what they’ve said and asking her to hide the ad part etc, so hopefully she won’t give in to their bullying and will speak about it again.

Reactions: 14
BB taking down the video plus the anonymous accounts of ex employees make Rose Inc look a lot worse. Good on BB for calling out unethical behaviour that violates ASA guidelines.
I do think ASA are going to have a swell time with this as it inadvertently implicates quite a few other influencers and their agencies.

Reactions: 13
Good on her. I know it's a little thing and she took it down but agree with EllsBellsWells that she was almost certainly threatened to do so. Estee Lauder is absolutely gargantuan and have a whole team of lawyers. No match for BB if she wants to continue getting paid to vlog beauty products.

Which is total crap but unfortunately the reality.

As much as I criticize her, I empathize here and at least she tried to do the right thing. It might have been somewhat "see, I'm not like other influencers" (a Brittney thing) but I don't really mind, as long as she takes some sort of honest stand. Her criticism will have an affect. Rose Inc. is unlikely to continue doing this, at least not overtly and their PR team has a black mark against them, for sure got their hands slapped.

Reactions: 10
Good on her. I know it's a little thing and she took it down but agree with EllsBellsWells that she was almost certainly threatened to do so. Estee Lauder is absolutely gargantuan and have a whole team of lawyers. No match for BB if she wants to continue getting paid to vlog beauty products.

Which is total crap but unfortunately the reality.

As much as I criticize her, I empathize here and at least she tried to do the right thing. It might have been somewhat "see, I'm not like other influencers" (a Brittney thing) but I don't really mind, as long as she takes some sort of honest stand. Her criticism will have an affect. Rose Inc. is unlikely to continue doing this, at least not overtly and their PR team has a black mark against them, for sure got their hands slapped.
Agreed, good for her for standing up on this

Reactions: 4
BB taking down the video plus the anonymous accounts of ex employees make Rose Inc look a lot worse. Good on BB for calling out unethical behaviour that violates ASA guidelines.
I do think ASA are going to have a swell time with this as it inadvertently implicates quite a few other influencers and their agencies.
She's put the video back up but got rid of the offending section

Reactions: 5
I wonder if Brittany will put up a separate video in a week or so alluding to the brouhaha without naming the brand etc? Or if she will steer clear of the whole thing. Seeing the positive comments on here might encourage her to speak out about shady influencer culture in more detail 🤔

EDIT: Oh, just saw that screen shot. "Legal reasons" - yikes!

Reactions: 4
Is Rose Inc owned by a larger cosmetics company? It really is worrying actually that this kind of thing can happen. It doesn't matter what kind of job you all have but think for a second if you were asking someone to break the law as part of your job, or if someone asked you to break the law at work. These are not small time rule benders. Influencers are known to be completely unethical sometimes but you would think a cooperation would have better oversight.

@Rosie2019 It's a 'partnership between Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and biotech company Amyris'

I hope Brittany doesn't get into problems because she did the right thing here. Unfortunately, when this kind of thing happens it makes other influencers even more careful of not mentioning these shady practices by shady companies, because they are scared of the consequences. Even if you do nothing wrong, it can be super scary to get entangled in some legal mess with a huge company.

I'm totally hoping this results in some legal actions against Rose Inc.

I hope she’s not panicking too much as anxious and antsy as BB is! They probably did threaten legal action but she did the right thing regardless, and even if somehow escalates (unlikely) and do take legal action against her she’ll have evidence of their malpractice won’t she? I’m glad she said it because I’d been toying with buying from Rose Inc for a while :/

Reactions: 6