British teenager convicted of making up rape claims against 12 Israeli men in Cyprus

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This case disgusts me, experts have said the injuries she have leave them in no doubt that she was raped. And now facing a year in jail as the Cypriot police forced her to say she's lying. Why would they do this to protect the 12 Israeli guys? Why doesn't Boris Johnson do something? I will never go to Cyprus again!

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 15
This case disgusts me, experts have said the injuries she have leave them in no doubt that she was raped. And now facing a year in jail as the Cypriot police forced her to say she's lying. Why would they do this to protect the 12 Israeli guys? Why doesn't Boris Johnson do something? I will never go to Cyprus again!
Thats what I don’t understand- why is our government not doing anything to help or mediate? It’s scary.
I feel sorry for the poor girl and was disgusted to read comments on the daily mail that were in agreement if her facing a prison term for “lying”. Poor girl has been through enough already.

Reactions: 7
This whole case horrifies me. That poor girl suffering such a horrendous ordeal and then being forced by the people who should be helping her to recant her statement without legal counsel present is an absolute shitshow. They’ll hide behind process but the HO should be stepping in to provide counsel at this stage, it’s absolutely ridiculous they’ve not.

Reactions: 4
Because our government is a joke Look at Nazanin Ratcliffe, four years she’s been in prison in Iran and our government hasn’t done a thing. In fact at one point our prime minister made it worse

this poor girl is a victim of a violent assault by 12 men, they all filmed the attack and she’s now the bad guy? It stinks. That poor poor girl. I want her to know we all believ her

Reactions: 12
Because our government is a joke Look at Nazanin Ratcliffe, four years she’s been in prison in Iran and our government hasn’t done a thing. In fact at one point our prime minister made it worse

this poor girl is a victim of a violent assault by 12 men, they all filmed the attack and she’s now the bad guy? It stinks. That poor poor girl. I want her to know we all believ her
I thought at Cyprus is in the EU and is a regular holiday destination unlike Iran it wouldn't be like this.

Are the Israeli rapists part of a powerful family?

Cyprus is heavily dependent on tourism so this is silly for their own sake!

I’m conflicted about this case because there is a lot of conflicting information out there if you don’t just read what some of the UK papers are saying.
This is one of those cases I think we will never know the truth about.
Yes, she could have been raped as up to 4 different mens DNA was found on her but she could also have lied as the DNA could have been touch transferred.
Also it did not help that she lied to start with.

Reactions: 2
I think the opinion in some Israeli media is turning. Israeli journalists have interviewed the girl and believe her. One of the boys was interviewed on television in Israel and people have been disgusted by his attitude.
I think the HO definitely need to step in. It is so saddening that the poor girl not only had to go through a sickening ordeal but continues to suffer in a foreign country.

Reactions: 1
Is there a petition to sign to force ministers to look into the case , any chance there are behind the scenes negotiations going on that we’re not privy to?

I’m conflicted about this case because there is a lot of conflicting information out there if you don’t just read what some of the UK papers are saying.
This is one of those cases I think we will never know the truth about.
Yes, she could have been raped as up to 4 different mens DNA was found on her but she could also have lied as the DNA could have been touch transferred.
Also it did not help that she lied to start with.
I’m not just reading UK papers. I am yet to read something credible to suggest this woman was given a fair trial or that due process was followed in the aftermath of what happened to her.

https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/news/expert-has-no-doubt-british-teen-was-raped

• Wow
Reactions: 8
Her statement was studied by an expert....I forget their expertise, sorry!....but they said it wasn’t written by someone where English is their first language. Speak volumes

Looks like she is to be pardoned without having to admit guilt. Thank goodness!

The British teenager who was convicted of lying about being gang raped by 12 Israeli men in Cyprus will be pardoned and be allowed to return to Britain if she is jailed tomorrow.

President Nicos Anastasiades will not let her go to prison and she will be handed back her passport and given free passage to the UK because of the furore over her case, according to the island's Phileleftheros daily newspaper.

The British teenager who was convicted of lying about being gang raped by 12 Israeli men in Cyprus will be pardoned and be allowed to return to Britain if she is jailed tomorrow.

President Nicos Anastasiades will not let her go to prison and she will be handed back her passport and given free passage to the UK because of the furore over her case, according to the island's Phileleftheros daily newspaper.
the whole tone of that disgusts me... like they’re doing her a favour. Nah Cyprus, your legal system is a bleeping disgrace.

Reactions: 14

I mean thank god but it’s not good enough really is it?? I’m so angry. Disgusting how this has been dealt with. Just so glad her name and face has been protected...as far as I’m aware.

Many people should feel ashamed, I hope it eats them alive.

Reactions: 6
I cannot imagine the physical and mental pain that poor, poor girl is in. It is so upsetting.

Reactions: 8
I'm not shocked by the treatment this poor girl has received, The Cypriot government do not want to damage tourism.

I really do hope she's allow back home to begin her treatment/ counselling.

Apparently the Israeli teens were popping champagne and chanting "the Brit is a bleep" in Tel Aviv airport when they arrived home. Beyond vile.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
I'm not shocked by the treatment this poor girl has received, The Cypriot government do not want to damage tourism.

I really do hope she's allow back home to begin her treatment/ counselling.
They've done a lot more damage with what they've done to her now 😠

James O'Brien on lbc has story after story about how corrupt the Cypriot police are. Filipino women saying their Cypriot employer has sexualy attacked them and told to go away. A Cypriot guy wanking outside an apartment that hits British girls then when they phone up the police they say they can't come out and when they swear they then say they will charge them for swearing at police.

This country needs to be boycotted.

• Wow
Reactions: 5