British sports star to announce that they are HIV positive

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
In order to fight the stigma according to publicist. Or it might be because they're threatened with being outed. No idea who it could be, but it has to be a good thing to have someone famous open about it.

Wonder if this is connected to the reports in 2018 of a sports star infecting their partner who reported it to the police? If so, maybe they are being forced with being outed.
Quite a few in the US have admitted their HIV status, these days it’s not the stigma it used to be plus the drugs can be unbelievably effective in managing it.

Reactions: 2
I don’t think it was ever revealed, I just remember it being reported, so maybe their time has come and they are to be outed now? Can’t help thinking there was a police investigation as well so perhaps it’s gone to a court case, might be linked to outing them. All conjecture!

I heard he was being blackmailed, but don’t know who by. So sad he’s had to reveal something so private. Charlie sheen was the same.

Reactions: 1
I think once you are famous nothing is a secret. The price of Fame . 😣
I agree, it’s extremely sad that even personal health issues can’t even be kept secret without fear of being ‘outed’. Was he not forced to come out as gay in similar circumstances?

Well I will be shocked if it WASN’T The Sun who threatened to out him.
Was my initial thoughts but then I thought perhaps one of his ex lovers. As obviously he would have to disclose his diagnosis to past lovers. Maybe they were threatening him for money directly or had gone to a newspaper. Worst of all it could be a nhs or private hiv clinic breach. All it would take is for someone to recognise him at the hiv clinic where he goes for treatment and put two and two together.

I wish him good health, but I do feel, for his kids sake as well as his own , he should have put something on the end of it when he was having casual sex

• Wow
Reactions: 3
I wish him good health, but I do feel, for his kids sake as well as his own , he should have put something on the end of it when he was having casual sex
True, but he could have contracted it from someone he was in a relationship with who either didn’t disclose they had it or didn’t know they had it. Either way, it’s unfortunate but luckily with medical advances it’s not the death sentence it once was.

Reactions: 3
True, but he could have contracted it from someone he was in a relationship with who either didn’t disclose they had it or didn’t know they had it. Either way, it’s unfortunate but luckily with medical advances it’s not the death sentence it once was.

Completely agree, but the reason I mentioned that is there are various interviews with him from several years ago where he said he would have casual sex with guys and keep it a secret from his wife .

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Completely agree, but the reason I mentioned that is there are various interviews with him from several years ago where he said he would have casual sex with guys and keep it a secret from his wife .
Oh right, had no idea! He was still with his wife pretending to be straight when he was having casual sex with those men? 😮 Is that what you mean?

I have met Gareth before and he seems a genuinely lovely person, i was watching some footage of him completing the iron man Tenby yesterday and Im glad he seemed to be getting a lot of cheers and support, to do an iron man for anyone is a massive achievement and probably hugely emotional but just hours after been forced to go public with something like that i bet it was an ordeal

Reactions: 2
That's a rather ignorant comment. Condoms arent 100% effective so unless he has announced that he never used protection, then it's not for anyone else to speculate.
I admire him for speaking out and cant think it was easy for him to do so

• Wow
Reactions: 6