Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
I would've been shocked if the signing choir didn't get a golden buzzer.

But honestly, the show needs to show some of the rejected acts, some of the crazy bonkers acts. Otherwise it isn't really BGT.

Reactions: 6

WhoGivesAPenny

VIP Member
I don't think having had cancer was a good enough reason for the golden buzzer. They were ok singers but not the best.

I haven't watched BGT in a few years. Where have all the silly acts gone? Isn't that what people watch it for.

Reactions: 5

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
The live shows have already been announced as postponed.

I think the show is on its last legs, such a shame it got a new contract with ITV. Too many invited acts, not enough of the bizarre acts. Personally can't stand David Williams and his faux gay, hyper camp act, but I did always appreciate him giving a trash act a golden buzzer just to annoy Simon Cowell in the early years of the Golden Buzzer.

Ineedmorecoffee

Chatty Member
I only caught their second audition. But I said to DH why on earth have they got the golden buzzer, there’s got to be a back story. And lo and behold, mums had cancer.

I’m in no way belittling cancer, I’ve had a close family member battle it at a very young age(fine now thankfully) and one of my oldest friends has stage 4 cancer in one organ and has had it removed from 2 others.

But these 2 were definitely not in my opinion put through on their talent.

• Heart

Ineedmorecoffee

Chatty Member
The kids choir.

I am gone. My kids are missing their friends so much, I’m missing them too. So to see these gorgeous kids all onstage singing together has totally sent me over the edge 😭

Reactions: 4

Danielle1

I'm greetin' omg I have followed Jade and Christians videos for ages so glad they got the golden buzzer. ❤

Dexy

VIP Member
The kids choir.

I am gone. My kids are missing their friends so much, I’m missing them too. So to see these gorgeous kids all onstage singing together has totally sent me over the edge 😭
Me too. The music from Lion King always makes me emotional and that little boy’s dancing was incredible. Shed a tear. Then the choir came on and well that was me gone! 😭

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
Are we going to see an act get buzzed off tonight? Not once has a buzzer been pressed yet. Completely losing the whole point of the audition format.

magnolious

I feel like they've tried to change it - we only really see the 'good' acts now. They aren't really showing the really shit ones, apart from that woman with the terrible impersonations.

Reactions: 3

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
'Britain's got talent its a dj talent' anyone remember that?
I miss those shit acts that were sort of awful, but also kinda good. And you actually enjoyed. Like the woman singing about crumble. Or the guy who sang about losing his keys and phone.

Or one of my favourites, The Arrangement, turned pop songs into classical style. And a sort of dodgy singer, but I loved them

Reactions: 2

Paton166

I think this'll be my last year watching it. If it's not a choir, a magician or a singer with a sob story, they get buzzed.

HockyRorror

VIP Member
Everyone has been pretty shit so far, it’s sunk so low that average gets a golden buzzer these days.

Paton166

I only caught their second audition. But I said to DH why on earth have they got the golden buzzer, there’s got to be a back story. And lo and behold, mums had cancer.

I’m in no way belittling cancer, I’ve had a close family member battle it at a very young age(fine now thankfully) and one of my oldest friends has stage 4 cancer in one organ and has had it removed from 2 others.

But these 2 were definitely not in my opinion put through on their talent.
I was trying to remember if Amanda had any direct impact from cancer in her life? Cancer is fucking horrible, we all know that, but I felt she was giving the golden buzzer out of sentimentality. I know Amanda had that horrific still birth, but unsure re cancer. None of my business, obviously, just wondering if that may have been a factor.

Gillybean42

VIP Member
Anyone see the Marks & Spencer clip before the start of the show? How weird did Simon look, definitely wasn't just a poor camera surely? Also I hate to use this phrase as a gay guy, but did he "look a bit gay"?
Well apparently he is gay lol