Britain behind bars

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just finished watching the first ep and I'm honestly disgusted on how rubbish our prison system is. The prisoners run the place and it's more like a 3 star hotel than a prison.

Reactions: 1
Not watched it yet. Saw it was trending on Twitter and from I read...it is pretty much how you summed it up. No wonder there is a high turnover for prison guards. I have a friend who has worked as a prison guard for years and described it as his personality slowly eroding away and going from seeing it as a challenge/making a difference to putting on the uniform and performing a role. That is quite sad. Will be an interesting watch.

I feel like a lot of the prison system works like an adult social services. People who have not been brought up properly and have not been taught the correct life skills for whatever reason, don’t see prison as a punishment but as somewhere a lot of them spend a majority of their lives. Don’t get me wrong, there are people who need to be in there, but for the reoffenders who are stuck in a cycle because they don’t know how to behave in the real world, it’s a joke. No wonder guards and officers feel fed up, they’re looking after people who don’t appreciate it.
I haven’t watched all of the series yet, but this is generally the impression I get from every prison documentary we see nowadays.

There were two prison programmes on two channels around the same time but we watched both. It was a difficult watch. It must be a fine line to tread between “punishment” and protecting people’s mental health

I stopped watching as it makes me so angry, these aren't prisons, but more like dention centers, the inmates pretty much have free run of the place, prison officers afraid to say or do anything as will be pulled up for prisoner's rights etc.

Mental health is being thrown about as a excuse for these convicts.

Sorry but if you've committed a crime you should be put in prison and your time there should be hard, difficult, uncomfortable, instead it's a comfortable, warm environment, well looked after, TV, sports, 3 good meals, it's ridiculous.

Be ill in hospital and pay a fortune to watch TV, go to prison it's all free 😡

Reactions: 3
I stopped watching as it makes me so angry, these aren't prisons, but more like dention centers, the inmates pretty much have free run of the place, prison officers afraid to say or do anything as will be pulled up for prisoner's rights etc.

Mental health is being thrown about as a excuse for these convicts.

Sorry but if you've committed a crime you should be put in prison and your time there should be hard, difficult, uncomfortable, instead it's a comfortable, warm environment, well looked after, TV, sports, 3 good meals, it's ridiculous.

Be ill in hospital and pay a fortune to watch TV, go to prison it's all free 😡
It's one of those programmes that I couldn't help but keep going back to even though it got me angry. 😤