Bridgerton

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm reserving judgement. Everyone was sceptical about season 2 when that was released, and it ended up being more loved than the first. I don't think it'll be too bad. But I don't mind Pen as a character. Colin always annoyed me because in the book he's so cranky so I'm interested to see if they change that.
True.

Although Anthony already had a big (but silent, compared to the dukes) fanbase, and we hadn't met his partner yet.

This time we know Pen and Colin well, so we kind of know what to expect.

Reactions: 3
True.

Although Anthony already had a big (but silent, compared to the dukes) fanbase, and we hadn't met his partner yet.

This time we know Pen and Colin well, so we kind of know what to expect.
As long as they do the scene where Colin asks Portia for permission to marry Pen justice I'll be happy. That's the funniest scene in all the books, IMO

Reactions: 5
I love the 'Pen is hot now' moment is just her in a dark green dress and a slightly different hairstyle like omg an attractive woman in a nice dress! Colin with his shirt off in the trailer was clearly meant to get people going but I don't know about anyone else but it definitely didn't get me going.

Reactions: 7
As someone with a few lbs it'll be nice to see someone a female outside the normal physical look carry a romantic lead in a mainstream setting.

I am looking forward to it. Hope it doesn't disappoint.

Reactions: 10
As someone with a few lbs it'll be nice to see someone a female outside the normal physical look carry a romantic lead in a mainstream setting.

I am looking forward to it. Hope it doesn't disappoint.
it will! the interesting thing (not that bridgerton is historically accurate) is that if this was actual regency times then pen has the absolute ideal body/look and would be fighting suitors off.

it will! the interesting thing (not that bridgerton is historically accurate) is that if this was actual regency times then pen has the absolute ideal body/look and would be fighting suitors off.
Its just not something you see in the mainstream media without a comedic element these days. I'd have been a bit hit in the Reubens era..

Reactions: 5
As long as they do the scene where Colin asks Portia for permission to marry Pen justice I'll be happy. That's the funniest scene in all the books, IMO
I wonder how they will do this scene having not introduced one of the characters in it to the series.

Reactions: 4
It somehow hadn't occurred to me to look for a Bridgerton thread but the trailer have me a lightbulb moment🤣

I'm excited for the new season, actually. I have a pretty demanding job where bad news and reading about/analyzing horrible things are the bread and butter so I look forward to shows where there's no "darkness". There might be sad things happening, fights, drama, but it's all very human in a way and a happy ending is guaranteed of course. There are very few shows like that still on air lately.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I love the 'Pen is hot now' moment is just her in a dark green dress and a slightly different hairstyle like omg an attractive woman in a nice dress! Colin with his shirt off in the trailer was clearly meant to get people going but I don't know about anyone else but it definitely didn't get me going.
Exactly, Colin does nothing for me lol. But then neither did the guy from S1 and Anthony. The blonde bearded guy from the S3 trailer however... lovely :D Let's hope he's not a bad character. I'll give S3 a go. I've been a bit 'meh' about it in the past but I am interested to see if Penelope's story keeps us interested. She does look beautiful but I just don't like Colin, so I'll be watching to see if there's any chemistry ahaha

Reactions: 3
I agree it's nice Pen has her hot now moment without losing weight etc, but the problem is she doesn't look all that different to before. Maybe if she was originally a bit plainer before it would have helped. But hair to one side and a bit of make up I just don't see as a big transformation worthy of those looks 🤣

I agree it's nice Pen has her hot now moment without losing weight etc, but the problem is she doesn't look all that different to before. Maybe if she was originally a bit plainer before it would have helped. But hair to one side and a bit of make up I just don't see as a big transformation worthy of those looks 🤣
I think it's not huge but more visible comparing S1 Penelope to what we have seen of S3. The hair in S1 was atrocious. She always looked like a Louis XIV wig had a child with a poodle.

1000104488.jpg

I'm guessing that it'll also be more about how she carries herself. I admit I'm a sucker for a glow up montage and then moment, but my guess is part of the point is that she didn't change that much physically but she's now surer of herself and no longer shrinking against curtains.

Reactions: 8
Dud she need a glow up though to find love. Spoken as someone in my gardening garb and looking destitute at the mo

Reactions: 4
Right I really read a lot of these type of books and it's not about the glow up in my eyes but what the men realise is how clever and intelligent the women in question is. I really hope they don't lose that in the show.

Reactions: 2
Right I really read a lot of these type of books and it's not about the glow up in my eyes but what the men realise is how clever and intelligent the women in question is. I really hope they don't lose that in the show.
But that never happens! ‘I suddenly decided I fancied her when I realised how much she knew.’ said no man ever.

• Haha
Reactions: 6