Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Yel

Chatty Member
I don't know anything about what he's up to now.

But his crowning glory will probably always be eating a big jacket potato then running himself over 🥔 🚗

• Haha
Reactions: 64

Reetpateet

My best mate showed me one of his videos yesterday (he was a real die-hard East 17 fan back in the day!). I was totally unaware of all the scandals surrounding him (his twisted government theories, alledged phone-hacking, paedophilia claims, etc). He also claims to have had numerous death threats.

I used to think he was a cocky gobshite, but having watched the video, I was impressed with how knowledgeable and eloquent he was. A far cry from how I remembered him (bit of a knob!).

He’s obviously managed to squander all the cash he made whilst in the band, I’m sure my mate said he was skint and now claims benefits. How does that even happen .. East 17 must’ve sold millions of records 🙄

He’s apparently made a video diary of his time in a mental health ward (I believe the same hospital that Frank Bruno was admitted to). I’ll definitely be watching that video once he’s posted it, as I have family/friends who have recently been admitted into NHS hospitals for various mental health support (I have nothing but the highest praise for the staff that my loved ones are in the care of though 🙏🏻).

What’s everyone else’s opinions on him?
I watched the interview he did with Christine Hart on you tube where he talks about pedophillia in the music industry and claims that he was set up to be sacked from the band because he knew more than he should about his producers and the secret red room he encountered in brown's night club where he witnessed it himself. Although, I found him difficult to keep up with when listening to him because he tends to jump from one subject to another and is not very good at explaining his point very well, beside that thoigh I actually did believe everything he was saying he speaks with such truth in his voice. I do think he knows a lot more than he is putting out there at the moment but I think as the fear on the threat of his life takes less hold over him the more he will speak up.

Reactions: 18

Silverspin

RE money and what happened (little bit affiliated, got ball rolling with some communication in 06 for short lived reunion)
They knew about royalties always, the group was Mortimer's solo efforts chipping away at the record company, an attempt as a duo with Hendy and being told he was close to being signed but that groups were the craze. So Harvey and Coldwell were added to the mix, both several years younger than Tony.Mort and John Hendy.
They were extras who were to dance and do backing vocals but eventually London Rec realised they could use Brian's voice more prominently.

Mortimer wrote everything for the first 2 albums and then the biggest portion of the 3rd, the other guys had a go and did 2-3 tracks a piece but none of those became singles.

Harvey did get very significant money, yes Mortimer's piece was a multiple of it due to writing the material and doing second lead vocals.

The difference is, Mort being couple of years older and diff personality, he did get into dumb stuff but he was simultaneously investing in boring stuff like business office buildings. He famously got a Jeep before the guys got decent Cars but soon enough it was BMWs / Porsche style stuff and drug habits along with high maintenance celeb women where Tony was with the same high school sweetheart type from before the group assembled.

Harvey and Mortimer got in bust ups frequently cause Harvey wanted to be doing R&B but couldn't write till a decade after getting together so he'd trash the songs that were actually Mortimer's work that both got them signed and rolled in the 100s of thous into his accounts.

People thinking his new theories are really sound are reasonable because it does happen (in life) but mustn't forget he has a history of pretty insane outbursts at 3-4 year intervals before all these claims.

He is alluding to salacious stuff about Mortimer now too but pays to remember he has always wanted to assert (bit like Robbie Williams VS Barlow back in the day) that Mortimer's music is useless and his conspiracy theory about sexual abuse by management gives him a way to say that the record deal wasn't earnt with talent and also to explain his own exit.

It's true that the group would *allude* to drug use, stuff like making puns in interviews but Harvey's interview isn't the entrapment scenario he paints. It's pretty obvious when your average fans age is somewhere from 11 to 14 that you shouldn't say that party pills are safe and say you've easily done double digits of them in one night.
I've never seen the fabled previous interview where Harvey says the other guys said stuff this blatant.

I feel immensely sorry for Harvey. Even Hendy and Coldwell eventually managed to invest their slimmer revenues and got good assets behind them (e.g. Coldwell owning pubs/clubs)

Harvey is extremely anxious and seems to have extended general visceral reaction to perverts into bigger illuminati stuff but you can still detect the smartass edge that would get him into fights with his bandmates (cause all 3 others have had huge fallings out and split specifically away *from him* multiple times)

Attendance and sobriety being the main issues when trying to work professional as a 3 or 4 piece.
The other 3 reformed successfully for a bit from 2011 till about 13 but Coldwell and Hendy were pissed when their new label wanted Mortimer to do solo albums in between their band albums cause Mortimer has been writing for the xfactor, idol and new group folks for 20 years now and does stuff like that Rain in England track with Julian Lennon.

There is pretty much no ongoing love with any of them unfortunately

Reactions: 13

Trafalgar

VIP Member
Brian has always been off his head, started on weed at a young age, the coke use increased when he dated Westbrook and it has all got so much work. He has so much paranoia from the drug use now.

I have been friends with Terry for years and luckily he has stayed relatively normal!

• Heart
Reactions: 13

Handerton

Chatty Member
two van drivers 🤣🤣🤣 poor John and Terry!!
It’s like Simon Amstel said to Anthony Costa... “so Lee could sing fairly well, Simon was the cool one, Duncan was the one girls fancied... did you have a PlayStation?”

• Haha
Reactions: 12

kokomonroe

Brian has a video with his Royalties up on screen and he’s Earning a grand or less a year
Remember He was Sacked from the band so there’s Tunes he hasn’t collaborated on and also breeches in his contract which may effect his royalties
Jon as @kokomonroe said works as a roofer he had his own company which went bust and is now in a partnership

When Jon said About him getting Shot it wasn’t a Threat or a warning it was in conversation
He said Leave it Bruv your gonna get shot
( With his constant flapping Gums about all and Sundry)
Brian and his now Extremely Paranoid self is misconstruing that as a Threat or Jon knows something
Brian needs Sectioning
Meanwhile His Carer Nikki ( I’ve slept with 5Million men ) (( was a Article in closer when she was 25 bragging about she slept with 5000 men Christ knows where that number stands now as she’s in her 40s at least)))
Nikki has been on a Spa day at a top notch London hotel with her Mate, and that’s the 2nd time this year
Boils my Piss she’s meant to be looking after him and where’s the money coming from 👿👿👿
There is a beautiful girl in the danniella westbrook post who worked with Nikki about 20 years ago said she was a bitch back then. She is a Tramp. Whenever she is on a live. She there pissed eye fucking the camera. Brian was on his own all over Christmas no kitchen no Christmas Dinner ect he looks grey and malnourished. Saying he Spending £45 a day on take aways why the fuck isn't she cooking for him. Letting him rant and rave having a breakdown on YouTube she is a clout chaser and I remember that magazine article. Brian has worst taste in women and apparently she has been with some of the other band members. She is literally 1 up from Danniella. 😡😡😡😡

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 11

Pot2PeeIn

I’ve watched his videos and streams for a while now, completely enthralled. At first I thought, no he’s just in a manic episode or he’s totally lost it.
But, as times gone on, I do think there’s truth to what he’s saying, but because of his delivery, who he is, his admittance of mh problems it’s easier for him to be silenced and written off as a nut job.

InkBlot

I used to work with someone who had poorly controlled Bipolar, she chose not to take her meds due to bad side effects. She swore blind that a manager had attempted to punch her in a meeting we all had together. We remember it as a normal, rather boring every day meeting with not even a verbal disagreement. In her mind she truly believed this happened, I saw genuine fear in her eyes as she told the story but i know it was all nonsense because I had been sitting right next to her the entire time. She wasn't lying, her brain had experienced a different reality. I suspect this may be what's happening with Brian, it's really quite uncomfortable to watch.

• Sad

kokomonroe

Exactly.
He hates and envies Mortimer and pretends his slander concoction is truth and compassion.

He also can't keep track of who is alive, every gay in the entertainment industry is a child abuser automatically to him - he speaks about Rolf Harris in present tense, Tom Watkins (died 2020) present tense and Australian Molly Meldrum as dead (he is alive !)

Also... He claims that Mortimer who was signed as a solo act and brought in friends to make a group stiffed him and has no talent and he hates Watkins the record guy who shot Brian to success and riches but funnily enough...
Brian claims everything Peter Andre has ever had is thanks to him - cause Brian claims they were gonna kick Andre off as opening act and Brian put in a good word

Does anybody still fail to see why Mortimer tried to reset Brian's head manually in 2006 ?

Something the other band members all had a crack at over the years to no avail.

He thinks every woman who has ever been with him had a terrible scheme to ruin him.. even blames the Potato car accident on model Emma B and says she spiked his drink with something.

There is no end to it.

The other guys are all pretty solid actually, working class Terry & John do indeed work their asses off and Mortimer is self deprecating, generous and a family man, grandfather and all that, writes songs for other artists since 2000
Emma B spiked his Cherry Lambrini with Zopiclone. I heard it was his ex wife who was hacked, hence why she got the pay out. He goes on about how bad the industry is and was. But for years tried and failed to make a solo career. He is just bitter. And your right the only reason he is spouting Tony's Business now is because he is a jealous entitled cluster b narcissistic personality disorder. Who takes no responsibility for any of his actions. I used to feel sorry for him. As a child I was abused and due to not addressing my trauma I prime meat for narcissists. They can smell vulnerable a mile off. But he does not care about victims as he seems to think he is a victim. Using Mental health as an excuse. I have BPD due to my early sexual abuse as a small child and Bipolar also. But I do not go around abusing people. Brian does not speak for me
---
I met Tony about a decade ago. Seemed like a decent down to earth guy.
Tony also suffered. He had an eating disorder and didn't leave his house for years after East 17 split up. He also lost his brother to suicide. I lost my best friend to suicide in 2003 and I'm still not over it. Let alone it being a family member. I know John has gone to the police. I hope Tony does also.

• Heart
  • Sad

thegrumpos

I grew up in the same village as Nikki Lee, knew her and her family fairly well. She was always provocative, had a “glamour” career pretty much out of school.
It’s surprising because her family were pretty run of the mill, her dad quite strict. Her brother is (was?) disabled with profound learning difficulties. I think it was a difficult childhood looking back as this was the 80s/90s and having a very disabled child was something that stood out, I think she got taunted a lot for it to be honest.
I don’t know if that prompted her to become the person she is but she was always a bit “gobby” and brash, for want of a better way of saying it. I don’t remember her mum being that way. I don’t think it came from her family, and she really wasn’t one of the popular girls either. She wasn’t a girl all the boys wanted to date, she was viewed as rough. I hate saying that as an adult woman now, as she was just a kid at this point. But there we go, that’s how she was perceived.
She was always after the Z list celebs, I don’t think BH was the first, I’ll try and remember who else she was associated with - the Dave Courtney thing has jogged my memory!!!

• Heart

kokomonroe

I do love how he calls them all out...🤣
---

Strange how something from 20 years ago can be fresh in ur mind, yet ask me what I did last week...lol
Well Nikki get slated on some channel on YouTube about some film she done with Dave Courtney. She is not liked. And Brian does himself no favours.
---

---
This YouTuber Mr Boo Bee Doo is brilliant all he does it take Brians videos and edit. This is the latest on Brian and John
---
The taxpayer probably..
---

They are also on TikTok as well ( which is where they keep popping up for me)

ETA- I also think there is a grain of truth in what Brian comes out with. The music industry is known for having dodgy managers who take advantage but as you say .. he embellishes to the point where no one takes what he says seriously ( which isn’t helped with him clearly having some serious mental health problems )
I know the entertainment industry is full of weirdos. Kids being groomed. And people being made to do things that don't want to . Brian has sat on information for 10 years. Nobody is going to take him seriously now

Last edited:
  • Haha

HasBeen

VIP Member
John Hendy is a roofer. Terry still in the band with 2 new members. Tony is ok as he was the song writer so he get royalties and Brian well poor Brian is on Benefits
---

He also saying Tony wants him murdered. And John has already warned him
Brian has a video with his Royalties up on screen and he’s Earning a grand or less a year
Remember He was Sacked from the band so there’s Tunes he hasn’t collaborated on and also breeches in his contract which may effect his royalties
Jon as @kokomonroe said works as a roofer he had his own company which went bust and is now in a partnership

When Jon said About him getting Shot it wasn’t a Threat or a warning it was in conversation
He said Leave it Bruv your gonna get shot
( With his constant flapping Gums about all and Sundry)
Brian and his now Extremely Paranoid self is misconstruing that as a Threat or Jon knows something
Brian needs Sectioning
Meanwhile His Carer Nikki ( I’ve slept with 5Million men ) (( was a Article in closer when she was 25 bragging about she slept with 5000 men Christ knows where that number stands now as she’s in her 40s at least)))
Nikki has been on a Spa day at a top notch London hotel with her Mate, and that’s the 2nd time this year
Boils my Piss she’s meant to be looking after him and where’s the money coming from 👿👿👿

• Sad
  • Heart

Very traditional

VIP Member
He was the singer, Tony Mortimer wrote the songs and likely got 70% of the bands cut, with Brian getting 15% and the two van drivers 7.5% each. Liam Gallagher has had money issues as Noel took 70% of the oasis money, and a few million quid won’t last a lot of these musicians decades, not how they like to live.

I was recently reading about the band Slade. Despite having one of the most played Xmas songs ever, two of the band are still gigging in their 70s as they don’t have much money. Noddy Holder, who wrote the songs and gets a six figure cheque each year for their Xmas hit took almost all the money from everything they ever did - reportedly 90%!
two van drivers 🤣🤣🤣 poor John and Terry!!

• Haha

Silverspin

Brian has posted a video in response to troll accounts ( presuming he is referring to the couple of accounts on TikTok ). Brian is saying in this that it is within his rights to tell this story as this was going to happen to him.

---
Why does he think this was going to happen to him? How can he profess to “ know” he was next on the list? It’s not like a group of blokes would have all got together over a beer and had a chat over how Brian would be next on the rape list.
Exactly.
He hates and envies Mortimer and pretends his slander concoction is truth and compassion.

He also can't keep track of who is alive, every gay in the entertainment industry is a child abuser automatically to him - he speaks about Rolf Harris in present tense, Tom Watkins (died 2020) present tense and Australian Molly Meldrum as dead (he is alive !)

Also... He claims that Mortimer who was signed as a solo act and brought in friends to make a group stiffed him and has no talent and he hates Watkins the record guy who shot Brian to success and riches but funnily enough...
Brian claims everything Peter Andre has ever had is thanks to him - cause Brian claims they were gonna kick Andre off as opening act and Brian put in a good word

Does anybody still fail to see why Mortimer tried to reset Brian's head manually in 2006 ?

Something the other band members all had a crack at over the years to no avail.

He thinks every woman who has ever been with him had a terrible scheme to ruin him.. even blames the Potato car accident on model Emma B and says she spiked his drink with something.

There is no end to it.

The other guys are all pretty solid actually, working class Terry & John do indeed work their asses off and Mortimer is self deprecating, generous and a family man, grandfather and all that, writes songs for other artists since 2000

Sassie

Chatty Member
My best mate showed me one of his videos yesterday (he was a real die-hard East 17 fan back in the day!). I was totally unaware of all the scandals surrounding him (his twisted government theories, alledged phone-hacking, paedophilia claims, etc). He also claims to have had numerous death threats.

I used to think he was a cocky gobshite, but having watched the video, I was impressed with how knowledgeable and eloquent he was. A far cry from how I remembered him (bit of a knob!).

He’s obviously managed to squander all the cash he made whilst in the band, I’m sure my mate said he was skint and now claims benefits. How does that even happen .. East 17 must’ve sold millions of records 🙄

He’s apparently made a video diary of his time in a mental health ward (I believe the same hospital that Frank Bruno was admitted to). I’ll definitely be watching that video once he’s posted it, as I have family/friends who have recently been admitted into NHS hospitals for various mental health support (I have nothing but the highest praise for the staff that my loved ones are in the care of though 🙏🏻).

What’s everyone else’s opinions on him?

Reactions: 10