Brian Dowling #2 Brian, Orthur & baby make three. How much stuff can we blag for free?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Truth is we'll never know if it was really a donor egg or not. We're just taking their word for it and I'd probably say it was a donor egg too if I was in that position of using a sibling as surrogate. I think at the moment they're doing a great job but no doubt they'll be back out begging as soon as they're feeling a bit better.

Reactions: 3
The one thing that sickens me in all of this has nothing to do with them being 2 men or Aoife being the surrogate. I had my son in summer 2020 & barely got time with my hubby in recovery when I then spent 3 days in hospital by myself (covid rules at time with newborn). Spring 2021 I had to have a colostomy bag fitted, again 14 days in hospital with no visitors allowed at all at a time of such change & upheaval & emotional trauma to me. Earlier this year I had a hysterectomy (I have MS, pregnancy & birth caused me irreparable damage) and I was only allowed an hour visit a day for 2 days.
I’ve been through the worst alone.

They’ve been allowed an extra person into every scan/appointment - they’ve been allowed film scans and appointments that we aren’t allowed to do, they’ve been allowed an extra person AND A CANERA CREW at the birth and all because of €€€€.

That’s the only sickener here isn’t it
Exactly this!! 🙌🙌
No one will ever say these two shouldn't have a baby here, not because they are men, not because they are gay not because they used a family member who selflessly brought their beautiful bub into the world, not because x, y,z.

BUT!! Ordinary people with no large followings on Instagram and haven't been on tv have been through strict rules since covid. Especially in maternity hospitals and they are still in place in some areas two years on.
I will never forget how lonely I felt after, hormones, in pain and having to look after a tiny human by myself.
If they didn't show it on insta I really hope they realize how privileged they are compared to other parents out there

• Heart
Reactions: 9
If he doesn't stop cackling in that babies ear the fuckin prick 👿 there's no need to be so bloody loud and attention seeking 🙄

Reactions: 5
Truth is we'll never know if it was really a donor egg or not. We're just taking their word for it and I'd probably say it was a donor egg too if I was in that position of using a sibling as surrogate. I think at the moment they're doing a great job but no doubt they'll be back out begging as soon as they're feeling a bit better.
Of course it was a donor egg. He's hardly impregnated his own sister with his husbands sperm and then taken her first born child.

I know a lot of posters on here seem to think Aoife is some kind of naive simpleton incapable of consenting to or understanding surogacy* but Jesus, suggesting that baby is hers and they are pretending it's a donor is just beyond.

*for clarity, I think she is an adult who very much understood what she was doing, I'm referring to the tone of some of the more out there responses on here.

Reactions: 27
Of course it was a doner egg. He's hardly impregnated his own sister with his husbands sperm and then taken her first born child.

I know a lot of posters on here seem to think Aoife is some kind of naive simpleton incapable of consenting to or understanding this but Jesus, suggesting that baby is hers and they are pretending it's a donor is just beyond.
That's your opinion😂 I wouldn't believe a word they said.

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
In a way I’d say Aoife is relieved. I bet she’d love a proper cuddle with the baby but overall she’s now out of that house and away from the two of them in her face constantly.
In time she’ll heal and hopefully go back to her own job, own home and own friends.
Brian isn’t 100% loving the all-nighters, you can tell, but Orthur seems to be throwing himself into it with a good attitude.
Wonder what they’re going to do for food today…sure Brian could hop in the car and head to Dunnes…oh hang on, no he can’t.
No doubt one of the Tighe’s will arrive with food…cos we all know good friend Pipsy won’t.
Pipsy is living it up in Venice on a trip with Armani!!

Of course it was a donor egg. He's hardly impregnated his own sister with his husbands sperm and then taken her first born child.
I follow a lady on TikTok who used her own egg to to carry a baby for her sister. They used her brother-in-Law’s sperm. The baby is the spitting image of her sister. She has now gone on to get pregnant with her own baby.

Reactions: 2
I believed it was donor egg but the ovulation kit comment threw me last night because they mentioned December in that and then Dec 30 for the positive test and I just thought that was a bit close time wise - having been through ivf myself and knowing the timelines from cycle to transfer. However I’m not a medic but I did find that odd. They also mentioned ‘trying to her hormones for Aoife’. A clinic would have done that for you you don’t seek them yourself. Anyway just felt a few things can definitely raise some Qs

Reactions: 10
Why just became two men became dads and not the normal "mum and dad" were not in the stone ages anymore why can't two men not be dads?
Can I ask what was sick about my comment above sad sad world we live in of you think a child should be only brought up with a mum and dad 🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 3
I don't think aoife was naive and didn't know exactly what she was getting into. I was more worried is the wrong word but was hoping that when the hormones kick in that she'd be ok. She's been through 9 months of pregnancy, it doesn't matter whose egg or sperm it was but her body was preparing for motherhood. It can't be easy just to switch off. Maybe in years to come and we are more educated on the process it'll be easier to understand but as it is now surrogacy isn't very common here so you can't really expect people not to ask questions.

Reactions: 6
I'm so happy for them! Little Blake will be smothered with so much love! A little baby is always a celebration, I think they will give her a wonderful life ❤

Reactions: 14
New thread lads and lassies.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.