Breast Reduction Surgery

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi ( searched for a thread but can’t seem to find one)

before I write my essay .....

has anyone had a breast reduction/enquired/works in the field. I would like to ask a few questions.
Thanks

Hi ( searched for a thread but can’t seem to find one)

before I write my essay .....

has anyone had a breast reduction/enquired/works in the field. I would like to ask a few questions.
Thanks
Yes, I’ve had one. What would you like to know?

Yes, I’ve had one. What would you like to know?
Just wondering did you go private or NHS? If private, if you don’t mind answering how much was it?

What cup size did you go from to the cup you are now? Was it painful? And how is the scarring?

Sorry for all the questions!

Just wondering did you go private or NHS? If private, if you don’t mind answering how much was it?

What cup size did you go from to the cup you are now? Was it painful? And how is the scarring?

Hello,
Sorry I didn’t get notifications on this post.

yes I had it done, AMAZING!!! I’m so so happy.

I’m say 5 recovery & almost back to normal, no pain relief etc.

I went private 36GG not guaranteed a new size, I would think I’m down to a F right now but still very swollen.

Hello,
Sorry I didn’t get notifications on this post.

yes I had it done, AMAZING!!! I’m so so happy.

I’m say 5 recovery & almost back to normal, no pain relief etc.

I went private 36GG not guaranteed a new size, I would think I’m down to a F right now but still very swollen.
Wow! That’s amazing! Do you feel like it made a huge difference? Because there isn’t much difference between F and G cup

I’m also a 34GG, and ideally I’d want to go to a D cup!

Reactions: 2
I had mine 13 years ago. I was a 28H-HH and went down to an F. Best thing I ever did, however they have grown back over time and not by putting on weight, as I’m not too different weight wise.

I went private but it was in Australia, so slightly different to NHS. It was a 6 year wait to have it done on Medicare (similar to NHS) but only 6 months private so I could choose my surgeon.

My scarring faded really well, you wouldn’t know from looking at me now, or even about 2 years after, but everyone is different when it comes to scarring. I normally scar well, so that was a good indicator.

I had minimal pain, just didn’t do anything strenuous for a while. I remember the worst pain after was driving over a speed bump!

The one thing I notice now is scar tissue has built up internally, which is quite lumpy and sometimes painful. It means I do get checked more regularly for anything that might be abnormal, but so far so good.

Apart from these things, even the fact they have grown back - best thing I ever did for myself. I was a changed person after. Plus now they definitely look better than they did, even now. I would consider doing it again at some point, but might wait a little longer.

Good luck on your recovery!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
If you regain weight, do they increase quite a lot? E.g size before reduction or just a slight increase?

Wow! That’s amazing! Do you feel like it made a huge difference? Because there isn’t much difference between F and G cup

I’m also a 34GG, and ideally I’d want to go to a D cup!
yes a huge difference! My boobs weren’t overly droopy but they where very very heavy, they have now been put back on my chest & my nipples have been reduced in size.
I said I would like to be a D cup but my surgeon said it is impossible to get a size, the best thing you can do is take out the weight, excess skin etc & build a nice breast to suit your shape.
He did say that I have naturally big boobs so taking them too small will be out of place & won’t look great.

I had mine 13 years ago. I was a 28H-HH and went down to an F. Best thing I ever did, however they have grown back over time and not by putting on weight, as I’m not too different weight wise.

I went private but it was in Australia, so slightly different to NHS. It was a 6 year wait to have it done on Medicare (similar to NHS) but only 6 months private so I could choose my surgeon.

My scarring faded really well, you wouldn’t know from looking at me now, or even about 2 years after, but everyone is different when it comes to scarring. I normally scar well, so that was a good indicator.

I had minimal pain, just didn’t do anything strenuous for a while. I remember the worst pain after was driving over a speed bump!

The one thing I notice now is scar tissue has built up internally, which is quite lumpy and sometimes painful. It means I do get checked more regularly for anything that might be abnormal, but so far so good.

Apart from these things, even the fact they have grown back - best thing I ever did for myself. I was a changed person after. Plus now they definitely look better than they did, even now. I would consider doing it again at some point, but might wait a little longer.

Good luck on your recovery!
Thank you !
Sounds Amazing I’m so happy you had a good experience.
the first 24hrs was painful but since then I’m feeling great x

If you regain weight, do they increase quite a lot? E.g size before reduction or just a slight increase?
I’m sorry I don’t know.
I can imagine they will grow again buy to what size I’m not sure 🤔

• Sick
Hey, I really want to get this aswell. Have you started looking at surgeons in the UK? Don't even know where to start in terms of research, saving, risks etc!

Hey did you go ahead with surgery. Booked Europe Surgery for next month as got a cancellation last night. Shitting myself haha.
I'm scared of the square look. Does this go away x

Hey did you go ahead with surgery. Booked Europe Surgery for next month as got a cancellation last night. Shitting myself haha.
I'm scared of the square look. Does this go away x
Hello
Yes I did, im 6 months post op.

You’ll be fine but I would say make it clear to your surgeon what you want. I wanted to go small & he kept suggesting not too small more of an up lift.
I still feel too big. I had my 6 month review & he says they are fine but I’m not happy as I’m still the same cup size. I’m going back in 6 months & he will revise if need be … but I think he will decline !

Reactions: 1

not me but my best friend had one and she’s thrilled! So I’m giving her answers with permission (I’ve had a breast enlargement so complete opposite)

she said she paid £6500 in a private hospital in west London
She went from a 32j to a 32dd
She said no pain
Scarring is there she said she’s got a scar from her nipple to the bottom of her boob and up to her armpits if that makes sense but they have faded lots and now it’s just white scars they were red for the first year ish. (I’ve seen her tits they are fab perfect size)

for comparison I’ve had an enlargement and the scar for me is just under my boob I don’t have one from my nipple but same experience as my friend my scars were red and pink for the first year them faded. Mine was painful but then I’ve got stuff inside stretching me so makes sense I suppose

• Heart
not me but my best friend had one and she’s thrilled! So I’m giving her answers with permission (I’ve had a breast enlargement so complete opposite)

she said she paid £6500 in a private hospital in west London
She went from a 32j to a 32dd
She said no pain
Scarring is there she said she’s got a scar from her nipple to the bottom of her boob and up to her armpits if that makes sense but they have faded lots and now it’s just white scars they were red for the first year ish. (I’ve seen her tits they are fab perfect size)

for comparison I’ve had an enlargement and the scar for me is just under my boob I don’t have one from my nipple but same experience as my friend my scars were red and pink for the first year them faded. Mine was painful but then I’ve got stuff inside stretching me so makes sense I suppose
Wow that’s amazing! Thank you so much for the info. If you don’t mind sharing the hospital that would be great?

I’m trying to get my weight exactly how I’d like it before I have the surgery, so just cutting a few extra pounds

• Heart
Wow that’s amazing! Thank you so much for the info. If you don’t mind sharing the hospital that would be great?

I’m trying to get my weight exactly how I’d like it before I have the surgery, so just cutting a few extra pounds
we both had ours done at the same place, enhance medical and the hospital they used is in Hammersmith x

• Heart
I had one 2 weeks ago. I went from an E cup to estimate is a C cup but wont be able to tell until all swelling etc has calmed down in a few months. I went private and paid just under 8k. Honestly, pain wise for me was maximum 2/10 I've had worse period pain. I had full movement in my arms and could lift them etc straight away. The worst part for me painwise is these weeks after you get sharp pains very occasionally and it's your nerves reattaching sometimes they can be like a 4/10. However I know this is different for everyone I am a healthy 24 year old so the surgeon did expect me to bounce back very quickly, and not have much pain or complications. (Only complication I had was a reaction to anaesthetic the night of my surgery, I was absolutely fine and was allowed to go home and about an hour later of me being home I was vomitting non-stop every 45-60 mins for about 12/15 hours so was prescribed anti-sickness tablets and that fixed it)

I went for the reduction as I'm only 5"1 and the E cups were just too big for me but I had quite severe sagging with them (ptosis grade 3 if you google it). I considered NHS but I wasnt prepared to wait in the waitlist and also my BMI would have meant I wasn't elegible even though I am healthy, in BMI terms for a NHS breast reduction they would've classed me as not, whereas privately they have a bit more flexiblility when it comes to BMI.

I had 2 surgeon consultations but I knew from meeting the 1st surgeon he was the one to go with. I'd say don't go and see too many as it can be quite confusing. I was recommended to see 2/3.

Im 2 weeks post op and have pretty much healed, most of my stitches have come out by now, just dealing with some scabbing in some areas especially around the nipple as mine was reshaped and made smaller.

But honestly, the whole experience was amazing. If you're considering it I would 100% go for it.

• Heart