Breast reduction scarring

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So I have G cups and I’ve gained and lost weight. As you can imagine they’re big but not perky.

I’d like a breast reduction as I’m really not happy with them. However, I scar badly. I’ve had surgery on my shoulder years ago and you can still see the scar quite prominently. I’ve also had a mole removed and the scarring is bad.

Am I basically going to have to decide between smaller breasts with terrible scarring or big breasts I don’t like but no scars?

I’m going to book a consultation to speak to a surgeon but just wanted peoples experience.

Any advice would be great.

I am in the same position, G cup boobs on a small frame and am also deciding on whether to have a reduction. A work colleague has hers reduced down to a D cup, she is over the moon with them, she said her scars are in the crease underneath in the main and the other scars are fine lines, she also scars a lot as had issues with scarring on her leg when it wasn’t expected to mark

Reactions: 1
Hey, I’m just over 5 years post op and went from a JJ cup to small enough to never wear a bra now lol. My scars are barely visible at all, they looked very dark and prominent at first but now they are just the same colour as my skin albeit a bit silvery? Hard to describe. Everyone is different though and your surgeon will give you some tips on how to help reduce scarring post surgery. Good luck!

Reactions: 2
Thank you! I’m 5’2 and they’re just annoying me, nothing fits and I have back pain. But I also just don’t like how they sit. All I’m worried about are the scars being keloid-ish as one of my others is still pink and raised. Which is fine as it’s tiny but didn’t want my entire boobs covered in pink raised skin. But if the incisions aren’t too bad I might go see what the surgeon reckons.

@AliceD369 congrats!! So glad you’ve had such a good experience. I bet you feel amazing now.

I had breast reduction around 15 years ago and have not regretted it one bit. Although I had considerable scaring, which at one point was very noticeable, now not so much as they’ve faded quite a bit. Didn’t bother me I was too happy with my perfectly sized boobs for my body (not huge enormous ones that looked ridiculous on my small frame).

Reactions: 1