Bras for small backs (30f)

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Help me find a bra! 😭

I've gained a bit of weight recently and struggling to find a good / comfortable bra.
I'm a 30f according to Boob or Bust, but I also gave pectus excavatum so my ribcage is a slightly funny shape.

My biggest problem with bras is that the larger cups on the smaller bands are still cut the same shape as the bigger backs.They end up digging into my armpit cos the cups are too high or the straps to wide.

Can anyone a similar size help a gal out?

ETA I'm not fussed about underwire or not, but cos of my rib cage shape a lot of bands ride up.

I'm a 30E and my best luck has been with Marie Jo bras, specifically the Tom style from the L'aventure line, the heart-shaped one. I know exactly what you mean with the wire digging into the armpit! Thexy have different shapes for this bra with the straps set wider or closer together, you might need to experiment with them a little bit.
The bra band is a wider style, which I find helps with the riding up or down and doesn't squeeze.

Thanks! I dunno if I can justify £90 on a bra though 🫣

I'm a 30E and my best luck has been with Marie Jo bras, specifically the Tom style from the L'aventure line, the heart-shaped one. I know exactly what you mean with the wire digging into the armpit! Thexy have different shapes for this bra with the straps set wider or closer together, you might need to experiment with them a little bit.
The bra band is a wider style, which I find helps with the riding up or down and doesn't squeeze.

Yeah, they're unfortunately expensive 😟 although I hadn't realized they're that expensive in the UK (I'm in Germany, it's a bit less here). They do hold up well though, so at least you're getting quality for the money, but I wish I would find something equally well fitting that does' cost an arm and a leg!

I measure a 30 but wear a 32 from Asda and find them fine, the bigger band stops the bra digging in under my arms

Have you had a look at Molke? They aren't a traditional bra but they do small backs and big cups.

Have you considered a lounge or sports bra as a day bra? much comfier :)
Yeh that's what I'm wearing at the moment. It annoys me slightly that they are just sized S,M,L though. There is no way back and cup size can be accommodated this way.

I feel like I’m super late to the conversation, but perhaps you could try a wiki that helped me with fit problems (it’s called busty resources and the page is ‘bra troubleshooting’). They do mention digging into sides and it might help you find a bra! I found understanding what was actually happening with the bras I didn’t like helped me find some comfy ones.

If you have instagram, there are people like bellarosalingerie (who also does online fittings and gives great recommendations and would definitely be able to help you!) and fullerbustinspo who regularly post about different bras and brands that might be helpful to you. I’ve found them so helpful in finding brands and even good deals. They also follow/interact with similar accounts so you might find somebody that helps you more specifically.

Not sure how helpful my response is, but these are two resources I've found really help me! I’m a 32H for size reference so I’m not as small back as you but I know the pain of things digging in and feeling lost on where to find decent bras.

I feel like I’m super late to the conversation, but perhaps you could try a wiki that helped me with fit problems (it’s called busty resources and the page is ‘bra troubleshooting’). They do mention digging into sides and it might help you find a bra! I found understanding what was actually happening with the bras I didn’t like helped me find some comfy ones.

If you have instagram, there are people like bellarosalingerie (who also does online fittings and gives great recommendations and would definitely be able to help you!) and fullerbustinspo who regularly post about different bras and brands that might be helpful to you. I’ve found them so helpful in finding brands and even good deals. They also follow/interact with similar accounts so you might find somebody that helps you more specifically.

Not sure how helpful my response is, but these are two resources I've found really help me! I’m a 32H for size reference so I’m not as small back as you but I know the pain of things digging in and feeling lost on where to find decent bras.
This was super helpful, thanks! Going to contact bellarosalingerie this week.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Another 30E here 🙋🏼‍♀️ I actually get a lot of mine from Ann Summers, I’ve got a few of the ‘Sexy Lace’ ones, they’re comfy, fit well and they come in different colours too and they’re £15 😌

Boux Avenue do small band sizes too, I love their lounge ones

Reactions: 1