Brands that you're avoiding due to involvment with infuencers

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m so gutted that Joules is now also on my no buy list.
So that’s Boden,joules and white company.

I have barely anywhere else to shop. I’m keeping fingers crossed that white stuff, lands end and fat face are too frumpy for Mrs Meldrum!!

Oh and Joanie clothing. Sizing was always very hit and miss but the dresses are lovely. But Mrs m and brummy. Seriously will never buy again and used to buy 2-3 dresses a month from them.

Reactions: 5
JD Seasonings, Spicentice (I used to buy from both of those two), Jo Malone, Sarah's Creative kitchen (it actually bloomed, and wasn't that nice when I fell for the advert), Princess Planning, Bloom & Wild, Beanies coffee flavours, Skinny Syrup, Degustabox, Hello Fresh. Absolutely sick of adverts now, and have started unfollowing the accounts who are relentless with the Ads.
Sarah’s creative kitchen chocolate is vile, I brought a few off her and they hadn’t been tempered properly at all. Big hype over overpriced chocolate disks ( trademarked them now🤣🤣) think she is so popular from the weight loss mainly slimming world accounts much like the spice companies all overpriced for what they are!

Joules
Saltwater sandals (although why they advertise them with so many socks is beyond me!)

Reactions: 1
Charlotte Tilbury
Trinny London
Drunk Elephant
Sunday Riley (not so much now but I remember when influencers were losing their tit over the blue retinol oil)
Jo Malone
Zoflora
Hello Fresh
It is SOOO annoying that influencers shill Jo Malone now. I have loved her fragrances for YEARS, long before they made an appearance on Instagram.

I am also avoiding Glossier.

Method! Does any mummy vlogger not use this?!
Hello Fresh, these always make thee most boring ads in videos ever.
DW watches... the floggers only wear them for the photo/video and then they are never to be seen again.
Monica Venada ring...
JD seasonings.. and their boring codes.
Asos.
And pretty much what everybody else has said.
The brands are certainly getting our attention but not in a good way!
We've been using Method for years too. Long before Influencers jumped on it. Grr.

I’m so gutted that Joules is now also on my no buy list.
So that’s Boden,joules and white company.

I have barely anywhere else to shop. I’m keeping fingers crossed that white stuff, lands end and fat face are too frumpy for Mrs Meldrum!!

Oh and Joanie clothing. Sizing was always very hit and miss but the dresses are lovely. But Mrs m and brummy. Seriously will never buy again and used to buy 2-3 dresses a month from them.
Fat face are terrible for gifting influencers. It’s so annoying.
I wish these brands would do competitions for followers to win clothes. So that instead of giving clothes to these self entitled numpties, genuine people could get items the brands feel they can just gift out.

Reactions: 8
Fat face are terrible for gifting influencers. It’s so annoying.
I wish these brands would do competitions for followers to win clothes. So that instead of giving clothes to these self entitled numpties, genuine people could get items the brands feel they can just gift out.
I think brands need to go back to advertising things themselves rather than just gifting to random people. Giveaways to the public is a great idea.

Reactions: 5

Yel

It is SOOO annoying that influencers shill Jo Malone now. I have loved her fragrances for YEARS, long before they made an appearance on Instagram.
Have you tried Jo loves? That's jo Malone's company since she sold her named company to Estee Lauder. Think the quality went downhill since it was sold on anyway

Reactions: 3
Have you tried Jo loves? That's jo Malone's company since she sold her named company to Estee Lauder. Think the quality went downhill since it was sold on anyway
Her story is brilliant.

Missguided, Pretty Little Thing and Boohoo. (Not that I shopped there anyway seeing all of the expectations vs reality stuff people posted on Twitter. Most of their stuff is hideous!)

My 1st Years - really liked some of their stuff as gifts for a new baby.... they then gifted the “party bags” for the latest S-J birthday party

i much prefer the Jo Loves fragrances. Thy have that extra something.

Never tried jo loves, might have to give them a whirl. Only thing is I buy jo Malone from John Lewis as I get staff discount.

Jo Malone
Bobbi Brown (Gotta be kissing HuntersandHeels vanilla flavoured arse to be getting a taste of that free pie)
White Company
Joules
Very
Hello Fresh
Gusto
Bloom & Wild

And Boden. Sick to the back teeth of Boden and all the beggy accounts tagging every item until Johnny Boden spots the fuckers and puts them out of their misery before they go bankrupt at his expense.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I’m not loaded but if I was I’d avoid like the plague:

Hill and Friends
Grensons boots
Gousto
Hello Fresh
Charlotte bleedin’ Tilbury
Herringbone Kitchens.
Chewton bloody Glen.

That’s it for now 😆
I would LOVE a hill & friends happy bag, I have a saved search on eBay and look at their sales now and then. Every time I see one of those nobheads doing ootd’s with a gifted one it really annoys me.

Iconic highlighter/illuminating spray.Lot's of beauty/fashion bloggers are advertising this on Instagram. It is just as annoying as hello fresh and DW watches.

I feel like a truly good product does not need excessive advertising. They get plenty of ''word of mouth'' advertising from people who doesn't get paid for it.
All of the brands that are mentioned on this thread + many more I am avoiding like the plague.