Brands that you're avoiding due to involvment with infuencers

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can't afford Charlotte Tilbury but even if I could I would not buy her stuff as it is so relentlessly promoted by influencers and beauty journos. Plus I think she is a pain in the arse and applies makeup appallingly.

Reactions: 10
Charlotte Tilbury! There is a blogger called beauty by the bunny who is regularly gifted CT product. This blogger is especially toxic, regularly in twitter spats.....but can’t understand why she’s often involved in conflict [emoji848] Joanie clothing seems to have recently sent out so much to influencers that’s its put me right off them. How many statement jumpers and dresses with pockets do influencers need?! [emoji3]

Reactions: 8
Ava May Aromas - Mrs Hinch/Mario constant mentions 😡 plus fake crying over Mrs Hinch being in the newspaper.
Fabulosa - Sent free bottles to 50 squillion cleaning influencers but to me will still be fake zoflora.
The £50 make up brush cleaner (so crap I can’t remember it’s name) - suddenly gifted to various cleaning influencers at once and the demos were not good 😬

Charlotte Tilbury
Trinny London
Drunk Elephant
Sunday Riley (not so much now but I remember when influencers were losing their tit over the blue retinol oil)
Jo Malone
Zoflora
Hello Fresh

Reactions: 4
The Sacconeyjoly's actively put me off various brands, especially the ones that send them items that the family would never use like Heinz when they sent them their soups and they made the laziest advert for it and didn't even taste it.

The mattress brand such as Casper who sent them all new mattresses 3 years in a row, that's not a good product if they change it yearly. Jonathan did another lazy advert of him writhing around on it like a demented slug.

LG who sent them a tv worth 7k! Plus a cake with a little icing version of Anna on it sitting on her flat arse as usual. I doubt any of their child viewers could afford that.

Victor and Rolf sent Anna gifts including a mini Christmas tree with little filled perfume bottles as baubles. She ditched it in her bedroom where it couldn't be seen.

Then there was the gifted furniture from Wayfair, the Crown paint, Asos hauls and Fairy washing up liquid where Anna pretended to wash up, when they have a housekeeper.

They received garden toys from Little Tikes which he used his kids to make an advert for, then he threw them away despite his kids wanting to keep them.

There are other brands but there's too many to list, such as Benefit which featured her photoshopped face on the brow kit that contained products that were already available. They also visit her regularly to shape her eyebrows for free.

Method! Does any mummy vlogger not use this?!
Hello Fresh, these always make thee most boring ads in videos ever.
DW watches... the floggers only wear them for the photo/video and then they are never to be seen again.
Monica Venada ring...
JD seasonings.. and their boring codes.
Asos.
And pretty much what everybody else has said.
The brands are certainly getting our attention but not in a good way!

Reactions: 6
Emma Bridgewater, I see it all over insta and just think it looks like absolute tat.
Emma Bridgewater items are really expensive, you can find beautiful alternatives for a fraction of the price.

Zoflora - toxic, plus made famous by Mrs Hinch
I like retro clothing like Joanie but can't often afford them and annoying to see them gift stuff to influencers all the time
Topshop
Starbucks

JD Seasonings, Spicentice (I used to buy from both of those two), Jo Malone, Sarah's Creative kitchen (it actually bloomed, and wasn't that nice when I fell for the advert), Princess Planning, Bloom & Wild, Beanies coffee flavours, Skinny Syrup, Degustabox, Hello Fresh. Absolutely sick of adverts now, and have started unfollowing the accounts who are relentless with the Ads.

Someone at work put 6 different Beanies Flavoured Coffee jars (full! barely used) on the communal kitchen counter with a note to say "Free to Good Home" We all took turns to open them all and sniff them....they were rrrrrrank! Someone tried the mint one and nearly threw up. Such artificial pungent smell. Bleugh.

I like the look of Daniel Wellington watches but everyone under the sun has advertised them with really awkward poses trying to show their arm off, put me right off.

Last edited:
Sykes cottages!!! Always used to book cottages through them, we have spent a fortune with them but after they gifted Mrs meldrum a holiday I'll be taking my business elsewhere.

Reactions: 9
Fat face
Joules
Boden (😢)
Tesco clothing
Primark
Ancestry
Hunters
Saltwater sandals (gifting MOD etc)
Stokke chair & cots
Microscooter (always bought but bought ELC own after thefarmersfart got sent scooters)
Hellofresh
Zara
Zoflora
Valspar paint
Olay
Any company who freebies MELDRUM, mod, thefarmersfart martha
I literally won’t buy any that work with mama influencers.

Reactions: 13
Jo Malone
Loaf
The White Company
Elemis
M&S
And other stories
West Elm
And many more!😀

Reactions: 3
Zoflora, lenor spring awakening...lenor tumble dryer sheets...because there are enough twats polluting our Earth!

Have gone right off my trusty Supergas now....nothing about a stroppy, grabby midwife frumping about in a pair on a Kent beach that makes me want to invest in the brand again this summer....

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Have gone right off my trusty Supergas now....nothing about a stroppy, grabby midwife frumping about in a pair on a Kent beach that makes me want to invest in the brand again this summer....
Thefarmersfart has also done a photo today with a pair. Obviously hoping for some attention from MOD and some freebies. Ugh

Reactions: 1
Sezane (big shame, love their range)
Supergas (big shame, love their range)
Jo Malone (big shame, love their range)
..... essentially anyone who is supporting influencers who exploit their children.

Yel

Need to AD Brita water filters - so many influencers doing Ads for them and events makes you know they have a huge markup