Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Prodcon21

Chatty Member
JD seasonings. I probably wouldn’t have touched them anyway, as they’re just overpriced spices. But seeing them all day every day on my IG feed was enough for me!

Reactions: 23

Queenie

VIP Member
The White Company.
Jo Malone.
Jojo Maman Bebe.

All the scummy mummies get gifted from these companies.

Reactions: 20

Yel

Chatty Member
Just a quick thread for people to say what brands are on their shit list for working with influencers. It's really helping me reduce my expenditure and be more sustainable.

Next, due to Mrs Meldrums constant ADs for free next day delivery.

Sainsbury's, for sponsoring poppy deyes and her god awful blog.

LG, after their brand deal with alfie deyes to sponsor their TVs. Cancelled my pre-ordered TV.

Reactions: 20

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
- HELLO FRESH 🤦‍♀️
Gleam, give it a rest. Nope.
And I agree with @OhhBacon those DW watches are everywhere.
- I HATE the fact ASOS are “gifting” hauls and have providing the purchases for most of the “my husband/boyfriend/rabbit does my ASOS haul” uploads.
- I really don’t like Charlotte Tilbury, L’Oréal, Elizabeth Arden or Liz Earle because of their connection to influencers.
- zoflora, I’m convinced it sending people bat shit crazy. WASH YOUR DAMN SHEETS. 🙄
- BUT Things I will actively avoid,
I won’t buy LUSH or THE BODY SHOP anymore but especially Lush,
the consumer has taken the brunt of their huge price increases and the influencers are receiving more and more extravagant PR drops.
BENEFIT and SOAP AND GLORY.
soap and glory is nasty anyway (imo 😬) but even if I liked it I wouldn’t be buying it. I’m petty af.

But more than anything.
976637FF-9A79-40BE-8965-7991E04A79E7.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 17

Twittwat

Made by Yasmin
Soul Candles
Iconic Lights
Tanya White Bits
- All Beckyhomesweethomeaccount 🖕🏻🤮

Reactions: 15
Pretty much anything hinch shoves in my face.
I've switched from zoflora to Dettol, and I'd sing using zoflora for years 🤬

And hello fresh and gousto.

Reactions: 13

GreyWolf

VIP Member
Fat face
Joules
Boden (😢)
Tesco clothing
Primark
Ancestry
Hunters
Saltwater sandals (gifting MOD etc)
Stokke chair & cots
Microscooter (always bought but bought ELC own after thefarmersfart got sent scooters)
Hellofresh
Zara
Zoflora
Valspar paint
Olay
Any company who freebies MELDRUM, mod, thefarmersfart martha
I literally won’t buy any that work with mama influencers.

Reactions: 13

AdApathy

VIP Member
Jo Malone
Princess Planning
JD Seasonings
Sarah's Creative Kitchen (had some of their chocolate discs once as part of a prize I won and I have NO IDEA how she gets away charging so much for reshaped advent calendar chocolate)
Minky

• Haha
Reactions: 11

SWLDN-MUM

Have gone right off my trusty Supergas now....nothing about a stroppy, grabby midwife frumping about in a pair on a Kent beach that makes me want to invest in the brand again this summer....

• Haha
Reactions: 11

Noseybonk

VIP Member
Ava May Aromas - Mrs Hinch/Mario constant mentions 😡 plus fake crying over Mrs Hinch being in the newspaper.
Fabulosa - Sent free bottles to 50 squillion cleaning influencers but to me will still be fake zoflora.
The £50 make up brush cleaner (so crap I can’t remember it’s name) - suddenly gifted to various cleaning influencers at once and the demos were not good 😬

Reactions: 10
J

JAM

Boden - Due to them giving Mrs Meldrum numerous freebies.

Last edited by a moderator:
M

Member 658

The Sacconeyjoly's actively put me off various brands, especially the ones that send them items that the family would never use like Heinz when they sent them their soups and they made the laziest advert for it and didn't even taste it.

The mattress brand such as Casper who sent them all new mattresses 3 years in a row, that's not a good product if they change it yearly. Jonathan did another lazy advert of him writhing around on it like a demented slug.

LG who sent them a tv worth 7k! Plus a cake with a little icing version of Anna on it sitting on her flat arse as usual. I doubt any of their child viewers could afford that.

Victor and Rolf sent Anna gifts including a mini Christmas tree with little filled perfume bottles as baubles. She ditched it in her bedroom where it couldn't be seen.

Then there was the gifted furniture from Wayfair, the Crown paint, Asos hauls and Fairy washing up liquid where Anna pretended to wash up, when they have a housekeeper.

They received garden toys from Little Tikes which he used his kids to make an advert for, then he threw them away despite his kids wanting to keep them.

There are other brands but there's too many to list, such as Benefit which featured her photoshopped face on the brow kit that contained products that were already available. They also visit her regularly to shape her eyebrows for free.

It is me...

Marks and Spencers
Cox and Cox
White Company
Fat Face
Von Haus
Bobbi Brown
Joules (I now only buy outlet not full price)
Soul Candles
Jo Malone
Bloom and Wild
Tbc........

I feel if I buy from them I’m funding the freebies.

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
I can't afford Charlotte Tilbury but even if I could I would not buy her stuff as it is so relentlessly promoted by influencers and beauty journos. Plus I think she is a pain in the arse and applies makeup appallingly.

Sykes cottages!!! Always used to book cottages through them, we have spent a fortune with them but after they gifted Mrs meldrum a holiday I'll be taking my business elsewhere.

Reactions: 9

GreyWolf

VIP Member
I’m so gutted that Joules is now also on my no buy list.
So that’s Boden,joules and white company.

I have barely anywhere else to shop. I’m keeping fingers crossed that white stuff, lands end and fat face are too frumpy for Mrs Meldrum!!

Oh and Joanie clothing. Sizing was always very hit and miss but the dresses are lovely. But Mrs m and brummy. Seriously will never buy again and used to buy 2-3 dresses a month from them.
Fat face are terrible for gifting influencers. It’s so annoying.
I wish these brands would do competitions for followers to win clothes. So that instead of giving clothes to these self entitled numpties, genuine people could get items the brands feel they can just gift out.

Reactions: 8