Branded foods or shops own Brand?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's "holiday" season and what most people do is buy a tub of sweets. Quality Street, Roses, Heroes and so on.

I personally love the Sainsbury's "Chocolate Treats, cheaper but very nice and my Mother likes them too.

My Brother on the other hand will not eat them because they are not "the proper ones"

Do you or a friend or family member insist on "The proper" Branded foods, sweeties etc?

It's "holiday" season and what most people do is buy a tub of sweets. Quality Street, Roses, Heroes and so on.

I personally love the Sainsbury's "Chocolate Treats, cheaper but very nice and my Mother likes them too.

My Brother on the other hand will not eat them because they are not "the proper ones"

Do you or a friend or family member insist on "The proper" Branded foods, sweeties etc?
I mostly don’t mind about branded items except for I must have Kellogg’s cornflakes and Branston baked beans. Other than that il go for own brands.

Reactions: 3
Has to be Heinz ketchup and on the rare occasion that I drink it, full sugar Coca Cola.

Almond everything else is Aldi's own

Reactions: 6
I must admit I have quite a bit of branded 🙈 I don’t mind some stuff but when I go unbranded I tend to end up being slightly disappointed

Reactions: 4
Some things are very similar and some things definitely taste different. I would typically buy staples in own brand, pasta, rice, cereals, tins etc. Things like sauces and chocolate don’t taste the same. I would buy something like roses over a supermarket brand box of chocolates.

Reactions: 1
I must admit I have quite a bit of branded 🙈 I don’t mind some stuff but when I go unbranded I tend to end up being slightly disappointed.
When I buy my own foods for myself, tried unbranded and failed but I've had some real successes in some cases, I still think it's worth trying
because there will be a time when I will have to go for the cheaper unbranded foods.

Reactions: 2
The only branded thing I insist on is coke, full fat and full sugar 🤤 anything else I'm not arsed about.

Reactions: 5
I’m better than I used to be, but my cat will only eat branded cat food (and the gourmet one at that!) the fussy little twit.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
I can only eat Heinz beans. I can honestly sniff out a fake bean from a mile away! Has to be Hellman’s Mayo and don’t even get me started on fake ketchup 😭
Pretty much everything else I’m not too fussed about bar margarine- anything bar clover is ducking rank!

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Coca Cola - has to be full fat and branded coke otherwise I can’t touch it. I don’t mind supermarket own chocolate - Lidl’s own milk chocolate is my favourite.

I can’t tell the difference between Kellogg’s corn flakes and Tesco’s own brand, ditto rice krispies - however my mother can.

Pepsi Max... Can't drink any other cola!!

Dog needs Harrington's Dry and Butchers wet (she's got a sensitive tum and is settled on these).

Otherwise we're not loyal to brands and buy whatever the supermarkets have on offer, whether that be their own brand or a proper brand.

Heinz ketchup!! Proper Coca cola (I’m a coke zero girl) over anything else, but if I want lemon lime I’ll happily buy own brand. Nutella beats any other chocolate spread.

when me and my SO got together I discovered the posh twerp only had Cravendale filtered whole milk. Now it tasted fantastic but when I volunteered to get him some I balked at the price!!

• Haha
Ketchup has to be Heinz and beans have to be Branston. When I drink Coke Zero, it has to be the proper brand too. Everything else I’m not fussed about.

I’m better than I used to be, but my cat will only eat branded cat food (and the gourmet one at that!) the fussy little twit.
Oh my word my cat is the bloody same!! I have even tried to trick her by alternating giving her one expensive one (gourmet or sheba) then sneaking in a cheaper one and she never falls for it 😂 she will literally go on a hunger strike if she doesn't like the brand

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
There are certain items where I can't go off brand. Coke, Heinz, Branston etc although for ketchup and brown sauce I prefer the irish brand Chef to heinz.

Not fussed on things like tomato ketchup, beans etc and find own brand does me fine.

I'm fussy about tea and coffee, deodorant and washing powder so will wait for them to be on offer or sometimes buy at full price as I won't compromise.

Certain cereals, people in my house definitely prefer the branded stuff but the husband begrudgingly agrees that paying £4 for a big box is Weetabix is stupid when own brand is £1.50 and reasonable enough. Same goes for Shreddies and Cheerios. If they're on a decent offer I'll get them but we go through so much that it's too expensive to go branded. Diluting juice is another one that we'd all prefer branded of but tend to only get if on offer. It's a happy day when Robinsons is back in the house rather than Tesco 🤣 Son commented today about the blackcurrant saying it didn't taste that good and it was one from Aldi that my MIL had brought round, so even the children are snobby about their juice!

Has to be the proper brand Diet Coke.

Other things I’ll try an own brand. I can’t stand Heinz/branded beans and love the cheap ones.

Eldest used to say he didn’t like the own brand cereal, but funny how he’ll eat it when it’s been put in a plastic container and not coming out the box 😅

• Haha