Bra measuring advice?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi, does anyone have any advice for measuring for bras for small breasts? My 16 year old daughter is very slim and has v small boobs, I measured her a few years ago and she measured as around a 28 A but when I bought her some they were too tight on the back and the ones we ended up with were 34Aa?!
obviously we can’t get her measure right now so if there are any bra fitters out there with any tips for me I would really appreciate any advice so I get it right this time, all her current bras are first bras from the teen range at matalan so any tips on where to buy nice bras at a reasonable price in small sizes would be great too?

many thanks xx

Hi
I don’t have any tips but if you look on mumsnet in Style and Beauty I’ve seen advice on there before

Reactions: 1
Check out the boob or bust website, calculator and facebook page. There is so much mis-information when it comes to bra sizes. We as consumers have for too long been measured into a size that shops sell and as such paint DD, for example, as big boobs. Yet, really any cup size stated alone is meaningless with a band size. I have gone off on a tangent.... check out the boob or bust information and you will set your daughter up well

Reactions: 5
Check out the boob or bust website, calculator and facebook page. There is so much mis-information when it comes to bra sizes. We as consumers have for too long been measured into a size that shops sell and as such paint DD, for example, as big boobs. Yet, really any cup size stated alone is meaningless with a band size. I have gone off on a tangent.... check out the boob or bust information and you will set your daughter up well
Thank you, I get confused by it all and I have always had average/large boobs so it’s always been easier for me to shop for bras for myself xx

Bless her, surely with such small boobs wouldn’t she be more comfortable with bralet styles anyway? (I’m a 30B and hardly ever wear underwired bras). The old way of measuring is the one where you add 3/4 to the underbust measurement, and now they say not to do that and just go with the actual measurement. However I do think that’s more for people who actually need support from the band - I’d just go for whatever is comfortable for her at the moment.

I'd get her one or two cheap ones to be going on with doing the measurements yourself then take her to M and S to get fitted when they reopen their bra measuring service.When I went the lady took ages to sort me out with a nice bra that actually fitted well and it made a big difference not to be nipped all day by a too tight band. Hope your daughter gets sorted out.X

Reactions: 2
I bought a few sizes of the same style then sent back the ones that didnt fit. Now I know my size and can order more from other websites too. I struggled for years not knowing my size and when I got measured at m&s and debenhams they were wayyy off. Good luck x

Reactions: 2
As a small boobed woman myself (32B) I buy almost all of my bras in Primark.
The sets are lovely and dirt cheap.

My friend who is a 40G always says how envious she is as she has to spend so much on her bras.

As a small boobed woman myself (32B) I buy almost all of my bras in Primark.
The sets are lovely and dirt cheap.

My friend who is a 40G always says how envious she is as she has to spend so much on her bras.

Before I had my boobs done years ago I was the same size as your daughter. I’d suggest soft bralet styles until she can get measured - Asos, new look, H&M all do nice ones that are fairly cheap. And they’re so comfy to wear, I still wear that style over a proper now!

You can convert to dress sizes quite easy going off bra sizes as a rough guide I.e 30- size 6, 32- size 8-10, 34- size 12 Etc

Again rough guide

It is best to take the underbust measurement as the band size and size up one if it’s uncomfortable

You should be able to fit 2 fingers underneath the band at the back with a tiny bit give but not any looser as with wear will stretch so always have on the first hook as you should move in the more it stretches