Boris Johnson or Jeremy Hunt will be the next UK Prime Minister

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Well thats a shame Michael Gove didn't get through, that would have been a more bitter and interesting battle over the next month. BJs team must be happy he's facing Hunt.

I expect I'll be missing Theresa May soon enough.

Reactions: 4
It’s a strange time to be alive isn’t it!

I think Jeremy hunt may just get in through because he’s the safe bet Tory wise

Boris is too risky for them but who knows eh!

Reactions: 3
I was looking forward to a bit of trash talking between Gove and Johnson.

Not sure who I loathe more between Hunt and Boris.

I hope Chicken Johnson wins, because he is bound to foul up, split the party and there will then be a general election before the end of the year. With eurosceptic Corbyn refusing to change tack, it is just possible there may be a split in Labour as well as the Tories, and the Lib Dems will come through, with the SNP and Plaid, and the breakaways. Result: hung parliament in favour of Remain and possible electoral reform People's vote. Brexit repealed.

If Hunt wins, it will be bad news for Remainers, because albeit he is Major's successor as the Grey Man, he will probably win against Corbyn, keep the Tories more or less intact and therefore Labour will stay more or less intact. Result: May's Brexit and a hung parliament in favour of the Tories and Farridge.

Just hoping the Tory Grey Rinsers stick with Johnson and ignore all the previous disastrous errors in his private and public life ! 🤞

Reactions: 5
Back in April, Donald Tusk advised the lot of them "do not waste this time".
Johnson or Hunt won't officially take over as PM until late July then they'll all swan off on their holidays for August.
Back the to sit for 2 weeks in September and 2 weeks in October.
How they think that any acceptable deal can be done in that time is beyond me.
It's a shambles. More and more uncertainty.
They should all be made to sit until it's sorted, one way or the other.

Reactions: 6
Interesting a by election is happening and I reckon mark field will loose his seat too so that will mess with the numbers for votes too.

I think Boris will win and the tories will be out by end of the year. I really wish Corbyn would listen to his party re second referendum and I fear if he doesn’t soon they’ll be a leadership contest in labour.

Well the drama is already starting 🍿

'Get off me. Get out of my flat': Police are called to Boris Johnson and girlfriend Carrie Symonds' home after neighbours hear 'screaming, shouting and banging' during midnight bust-up
  • Hours after landslide ballot victory, Boris Johnson involved in blazing bust-up
  • The altercation was so bad that police were called to the property in Camberwell
  • The Tory leadership favourite shares the property with partner Carrie Symonds
  • Neighbour heard screaming, shouting and banging inside the £1 million property
  • The neighbour also added that they heard Miss Symonds shouting: 'Get off me'
  • Mr Johnson faces Jeremy Hunt in the battle to become the next Prime Minister
  • With two divorces and a love child there are fears over Mr Johnson's personal life
Police were called to a domestic disturbance at the home of Boris Johnson and his young girlfriend last night, rocking the Tory frontrunner’s bid for power.

Neighbours of Carrie Symonds – Mr Johnson's 31-year-old lover – called the police to her South London flat in the early hours of this morning after hearing a loud altercation between the couple.

Miss Symonds is said to have been heard screaming and telling the 55-year-old Tory leadership favourite to 'get off me' and 'get out of my flat'.

A recording of the incident reveals Mr Johnson shouted at Miss Symonds to 'get off my f***ing laptop' before a loud crashing noise was heard.

A senior Tory MP told MailOnline the episode 'will not go down well' with Tory activists.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Johnson can be heard refusing to leave the flat and telling Symonds to “get off my bleeping laptop” before there is a loud crashing noise.

Symonds is heard saying Johnson had ruined a sofa with red wine: “You just don’t care for anything because you’re spoilt. You have no care for money or anything.”

The neighbour said: “There was a smashing sound of what sounded like plates. There was a couple of very loud screams that I’m certain were Carrie and she was shouting to ‘get out’ a lot. She was saying ‘get out of my flat’ and he was saying no. And then there was silence after the screaming
Police called to loud altercation at Boris Johnson's home

Will he be suspended from the party whip, pending an investigation? I doubt it. This does not let Mark Field off the hook though.

Look at it this way, with Boris and Trump in charge we're safe from alien invasion, they will think it's a bad joke and skip by onto the next inhabitable planet.

• Haha
“Lover” , it’s such an awful word 🙄.

Having to scream at Boris to get him off her , he’s an arse.

Look at it this way, with Boris and Trump in charge we're safe from alien invasion, they will think it's a bad joke and skip by onto the next inhabitable planet.
At least with Boris Johnson the idiot thing is an act, well he's academic at leaat. I'm not surprised he's spoilt and disrespectful, £275k a year for a column is chicken feed.

I've no idea how this will all end up other than a general election come November

At least with Boris Johnson the idiot thing is an act, well he's academic at leaat. I'm not surprised he's spoilt and disrespectful, £275k a year for a column is chicken feed.

I've no idea how this will all end up other than a general election come November
If we have an election in November we can welcome the absolute cherub that is Nigel Farage into the mix. Not something I'd trust after the Brexit Party wins in last local polls

If we have an election in November we can welcome the absolute cherub that is Nigel Farage into the mix. Not something I'd trust after the Brexit Party wins in last local polls
Farridge is going to try for MPs, unless and until there is a hard 'no deal' Brexit. He is a threat to the Tories and Labour,, but he is no threat to the Remain parties. If you go back to the Peterborough by election:

1) BXP's candidate did not win, even though Farridge had momentum and his candidate had a reasonably high profile.
2) Farridge split the Tory vote. The combined votes of the Cons and BXP would have trounced Labour, who only won on a low percentage of the vote (31%).

If Farridge contests parliamentary seats, he will have to come up with candidates and manifesto. policies. There is a reasonable expectation that he may do 'a UKIP' on FPTP and fail to register highly. Or, the Tory ERG MPs may defect to Farridge, giving him potentially 80 seats, in which case the Tories are down by 80, unless they contest the ERG seats who go to BXP. If the Tories contest the ERG seats, they will split the vote and Labour or Remain parties stand a better chance of coming through (Peterborough redux)

The temptation is to think the Tories and Farridge will make a pact not to stand against each other, effectively letting Farridge have a go at the North of England, if the ERG do not defect. But if that happens, the Tories have lost a potential parliamentary majority again by default and are effectively in partnership with Farridge.

Accordingly, it is more likely that the Tories either try to tempt BXP into their ranks with a promise to Farridge of a high post in government office and hard RW policies if they win the next GE, or the Tories try to achieve a 'no deal' Brexit (which seems highly unlikely) but which would deflate Farridge's balloon Either way, I would say the Tories are toast. Johnson is the catalyst who decides in what way and how fast the Tory split occurs.

.......I reckon mark field will loose his seat too so that will mess with the numbers for votes too.
As much as I would like to believe this, I do not think the Tories will do anything fast to lose another seat. The Welsh by election comes after a conviction against the sitting MP 3 months ago. if the police were to proceed against Field, the Tories will drag out any consequences resulting from a possible conviction for as long as they can. They are sadly strengthened by the fact that the victim does not want to press charges.

I think Boris will win and the tories will be out by end of the year.
🤞

I really wish Corbyn would listen to his party re second referendum and I fear if he doesn’t soon they’ll be a leadership contest in labour.
Corbyn does not want to listen because he is a fierce eurosceptic. He even participated in the Republic of Ireland's referendum on the EU to urge them not to join. He is now the sheet anchor on Labour's progress, supported by the likes of ian Lavery, Kate Hoey, Rebecca Long Bailey., Barry Gardiner ('Labour is a Brexit party now'), Caroline Flint and Lisa Nandy. Unless and until this cohort is removed from influence (along with their supporters in the NEC and top Labour Admin), not only will Labour not change course, but it will also be well nigh impossible to remove Corbyn as leader.

Labour are keeping quiet about the numbers of members leaving over Brexit policy, but i would bet these are seriously damaging. The estimate is something like 4 Remainers to every Leaver The Corbynistas are purging the Blairites, and by so doing, Labour is becoming more and more hard Left and less electable, Tom Watson's Social Democratic wing cannot prevent this. .

Against the incompetent May government, Labour should be surging in the polls after the 2017 GE, and yet they lost ground in the recent local elections as well as in the recent EU elections. The Peterborough by election was a narrow win, only because the Tories and BXP split the RW vote

I think it will take a failure at a GE, before Corbyn's position becomes really vulnerable

Last edited:
Interesting! I'm not too sure on the turnout for the EU election and if that would translate the same for a GE.

I really wish we would get rid of first past the post, nick Clegg messed up that opportunity.

I can't see how BJ will make any difference to the deal with a matter of weeks until the next deadline. He's going to become very unpopular very quickly, but he must know this and have a game plan. It's as interesting from an entrainment point of view as love island 🤣

Reactions: 1
A choice between Bozo the Clown and Hunt the....C....

We are doomed. Can't believe people are supporting that MP that manhandled that protestor, and Bozo the Clown after the police incident.

Bloody hate politics at the moment. There is no party that represents me and there are so few MPs I think gave integrity AND capability. It feels apocalyptic, like we’re on the cusp of a political implosion.

Hate the Tories and always have for their scummy personal behaviour and capitalist over humanitarian policy. Hate Labour, who have been taken over by hard left college puddings who think they’re channeling Che Guevara and play so much identity politics they honestly can’t be all things to all men without being a huge failure. Lib Dems/Greens are very middle class heavy in membership which means the working class are again under represented, and because they’re staunch remain are unappealing to half the bloody country. Farage is resonating with and mobilising the young, white working classes and I think there’s a real risk that populists will get some power. I’ve got a lot of family dotted all around the north of England and young men especially are pissed that there has been over a decade of huge immigration with no support to the local economies to hold up the population booms in small towns, and Farage is the only one seemingly giving them a voice. Loads of these places are flipping from Labour to Brexit, so he’s not only pillaging Tory membership.

Bloody hate politics at the moment. There is no party that represents me and there are so few MPs I think gave integrity AND capability. It feels apocalyptic, like we’re on the cusp of a political implosion.
Implosion seems fair comment.

I don't know about you, but it really gets to me when MPs talk smugly about 'the Mother of Parliaments'. The place seems completely unfit for purpose. The two main parties are clearly wrong-footed by Brexit which is Remain v Leave, and these two categories seemingly defy a conventional Left v Right split. It cries out for smaller parties to be voted into the Commons on AV, which may include not only the BXP, but also more Greens etc on a more rational basis than first past the post, which effectively disenfranchises so many people. AV would encourage cooperation.

Add to that an elected upper chamber, 2 years terms for the MPs , voting over a weekend etc, and a directly elected PM, which splits the Executive from the Legislature, and you might start to find a way out. There is also the pressing issue of an English parliament sitting outside London, and a federal structure which adequately deals with relationships between the 4 constituent countries, at least until N Ireland votes to rejoin the South

Hate the Tories and always have for their scummy personal behaviour and capitalist over humanitarian policy
Summed up for me by this:

Hate Labour, who have been taken over by hard left college puddings who think they’re channeling Che Guevara and play so much identity politics they honestly can’t be all things to all men without being a huge failure.
And it is 'make-your-mind-up' time.

Labour would lose seats in Sunderland, Barnsley, Wolverhampton, Stoke and many other areas if Jeremy Corbyn shifted the party’s stance on Brexit, claimed Caroline Flint. The Brexiteer MP warned Labour and the Conservatives combined risk losing “40 plus seats” to the Brexit Party. BBC presenter Andrew Marr asked: “Are you not likely to lose more seats to the Lib Dems than anybody else if you don’t go in the other direction?” Ms Flint replied: “No not at all,
It is clear Labour will have to make a decision one way or the other, otherwise they will bleed at both ends. According to reports, Labour are losing 4 Remainers to every 1 Leave member Labour MPs like Flint and Nandy who urge Leave are, I think, trying to protect their own seats.

Flint's Don Valley constituency is a problem if the Cons and BXP stop splitting their vote. And yet, if you look at the Wiki history for Nandy's Wigan constituency, it is far from clear why she fears Farridge so much. The Con vote has not topped 30% of the vote for over 40 years And yet she appears regularly on TV saying her constituents voted Leave. (UKIP had 5.7% of the vote in 2010 and 19.5% in 2015; this dropped back to 5.7% in 2017). The combined Tory/UKIP vote here has never threatened to overwhelm her.

The legacy of BLiar was that he did little in the way of modernisation of society, so consumed was he with his Wars and PR PFI may have ben a quick fix for new hospitals, fire stations, schools etc but it was a Tory idea, which cost bitterly in the long run. on its own, the Labour Manifesto ideas are winners, and so is Land for the Many

Lib Dems/Greens are very middle class heavy in membership which means the working class are again under represented, and because they’re staunch remain are unappealing to half the bloody country.
Although not a LibDem member (or voter, to date) I can see why their main message of Remain is appealing currently. They are also the only main English party campaigning for electoral reform At least you know what they stand for.

Farage is resonating with and mobilising the young, white working classes and I think there’s a real risk that populists will get some power. I’ve got a lot of family dotted all around the north of England and young men especially are pissed that there has been over a decade of huge immigration with no support to the local economies to hold up the population booms in small towns, and Farage is the only one seemingly giving them a voice. Loads of these places are flipping from Labour to Brexit, so he’s not only pillaging Tory membership.
Every legitimate grievance which you list can be placed fairly and squarely mainly at the feet of the Tories, not the EU.

It was the Tories who withdrew the financial support established by Labour, to provide for extra public facilities where there may have been immigration issues. But it was BLiar who failed to put any check in place on E European immigration He could have done so, since only Ireland, UK and Denmark were the 3 countries to allow uncontrolled immigration from the East of Europe
Having said that, it suited the Tories not to correct this. May, as Home Secretary/PM, never did make incoming residents register, so consequently there was no means of throwing out those who did not find work within 3 months Tory cost-cutting at work again. Not the fault of the EU. Registration officers would create jobs.

Osborne combined EU immigration with political dumping. e.g. my library in the South was extended in the period of austerity; libraries in the North were closed. The North lost hospitals: I would bet these were in Labour-controlled constituencies Nothing to do with the EU..

It is only recently that the Tories have made it an offence to have houses in multiple occupation which are not registered. Nothing to do with the EU

And last, it is the Tory mantra to deregulate and privatise, which is at the back of so many problems. e.g. failing
NHS; Grenfell Tower; the decision to privatise Building Inspectors, which leads to a race to the bottom; the decision to ease off fire regulations; the decision to cut police by 20,000 and PCSOs on top of that. All nothing to do with the EU

But English politicians are well versed at cocking up and blaming others like the EU, aided and abetted by the main stream media, owned mostly by wealthy RW financiers.

I am glad you have pointed out that English nationalists are not only the silver haired brigade. The nationalist poison was seeping into other age groups, even before the time of the Referendum. As a salutary reminder, this is a light-hearted look at the sort of shyte which guarantees Farridge wont do that well in parliamentary elections, when he has to expose his policies:

Last edited:
I'm not entirely sure what I think about the notion Johnson's team have put out that he can basically do anything in his private life without any repercussion on his career as the two things are completely separate in their opinion and don't even warrant a basic explanation I just don't know ?

Jeremy hunt was apparently caught dogging near where I used to live😏

Early 00’s

• Wow