Boris Johnson or Jeremy Hunt will be the next UK Prime Minister

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
~ snip ~​

Won’t argue with much of that at all 😁.

The only thing that bothered me about that Joe 500 lies Farage spoof was the “migrants do the work you won’t do” line - bit more complex than the unclean lazy oafs implication you make, o haughty middle classer who wrote it. Unskilled labouring jobs usually picked up by migrants are invariably zero contract hours. If you do pick up these jobs and for whatever reason you don’t get the hours to meet the bills, you’ve got a couple of weeks at least before universal credit kicks in so they’re a risky option for stability and security. Also, migrants know how to play the game now, particularly with regard to HMOs. They simply claim they’re all related so without costly evidence gathering, some councils turn a blind eye. I’ve seen that go on in my own town. The last time there was a prosecution for here an unregistered HMO was 2012! Migrants know how to keep living costs low and have strong communities to help with accommodation etc.

Also I’m in two minds about immigrants supporting the NHS. Great for us and god knows the NHS needs them, the great lumbering behemoth of bureaucracy it is. But I can’t ignore (as the daughter of an immigrant from Ghana) it’s an absolute resource rape of their birth country who probably could use their skills to improve the situation there. It’s just a modern day route of keeping those nations down under the western thumb, by cherry picking away their valuably trained resources.​

Currently watching Victoria Derbyshire

Why is Boris sending mediocre mps to defend him? Why can’t he defend himself?

I’m a labour supporter but I’m getting frustrated with the party flapping about. I don’t think brexit is achievable at all in all honesty.

Reactions: 1
Jeremy hunt was apparently caught dogging near where I used to live😏

Early 00’s

Congrats! You made page 2 of Google already ::p

Won’t argue with much of that at all 😁.

The only thing that bothered me about that Joe 500 lies Farage spoof was the “migrants do the work you won’t do” line - bit more complex thanthe unclean lazy oafs implication you make, o haughty middle classer who wrote it. Unskilled labouring jobs usually picked up by migrants are invariably zero contract hours. If you do pick up these jobs and for whatever reason you don’t get the hours to meet the bills, you’ve got a couple of weeks at least before universal credit kicks in so they’re a risky option for stability and security.p/quote]

Thank you for pointing this out. (y) These dreadful contracts have been allowed to flourish under the Tories. I know Labour intend to stop this, but I don't know the LibDem position Also, as for the vid, I don't know anything about the creator, Joe, but I doubt if (s)he intended it to be a slur against migrants on zero hours contracts. Quite the reverse, I suspect

[quotre]Also, migrants know how to play the game now, particularly with regard to HMOs. They simply claim they’re all related so without costly evidence gathering, some councils turn a blind eye. I’ve seen that go on in my own town. The last time there was a prosecution for here an unregistered HMO was 2012! Migrants know how to keep living costs low and have strong communities to help with accommodation etc.​

I can understand from what you write that there may be difficulty with evidence gathering, but to some extent, this leads back to the registration system which does not currently exist for EU immigrants. If they had to give their details, e.g. where they came from and where they live, dependents etc you have a more solid background on which to commence an investigation. I do not know what powers of search (if any) exist, but you will have seen the TV news and programmes, showing EU families living in one room each in a shared house.

The mischief has to be resolved, otherwise it fuels support for Farridge. e.g. if you have a construction gang of 4 EU workers who bid for a contract against a British construction gang of 4, the British gand is 75% disadvantaged, if each Brit worker is supporting their own home, while the 4 EU nationals share a house together. The EU nationals are then in better position to undercut their Brit rival on price. Further, there is evidence that the EU gang may not know or care about the Brit building regs and cheerfully ignore them This then leads to the ultimate slap in the face, when the Brit gang is called in to remedy the defects of the EU gang but at a lower price. If this nonsense is not stopped, it just feeds Leave and Farridge

I know of 2 skilled tradesmen who emigrated, because they could not compete with the undercutting on construction bids by Eastern EU workers.

Also I’m in two minds about immigrants supporting the NHS. Great for us and god knows the NHS needs them, the great lumbering behemoth of bureaucracy it is. But I can’t ignore (as the daughter of an immigrant from Ghana) it’s an absolute resource rape of their birth country who probably could use their skills to improve the situation there. It’s just a modern day route of keeping those nations down under the western thumb, by cherry picking away their valuably trained resources.
This is an obscenity which has existed for too long. Clearly the answer is to train more Brit docs and nurses, which means expanding university places, rather than stealing qualified personnel from impoverished third world countries. I would go as far as to say that tuition fees for such UK courses should not apply, provided the students sign an undertaking to pay the full tuition fees if they do not work in UK for, say, 7 years after qualifying

I would be honestly surprised, however, if this cost cutting measure currently used to run the NHS was a deliberate ploy to disadvantage third world countries, but I fully accept that it is a consequence about which sentient politicians and civil servants are aware.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Good news for Hunty McHuntPhace, but bad news for Remainers! 😦 Thicky Duncan Smith has now been appointed as Johnson';s campaign manager. o_O, which probably means Hunty will win the leadership contest.

Also I’m in two minds about immigrants supporting the NHS. Great for us and god knows the NHS needs them, the great lumbering behemoth of bureaucracy it is. But I can’t ignore (as the daughter of an immigrant from Ghana) it’s an absolute resource rape of their birth country who probably could use their skills to improve the situation there. It’s just a modern day route of keeping those nations down under the western thumb, by cherry picking away
Yeah that argument I've never really understood. It's not good to under fund the training for medical professionals and rely on draining them from other countries. We need long term plans to avoid this, but any government just looks for the short term of their next election.

My bother works in a hospital and he's said some mothers are forced to leave their young children to come work the other side of the world in the UK to send back money and only get to visit them twice a year.

Reactions: 1