Boris Johnson #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My bad, thanks for correcting me. I still think she is that much of a sociopath though that she would have put up every barrier possible to people like her parents if given the opportunity. You know, she baffles me in so many ways. I find it bizarre that she identifies so much with conservative Britain when she will undoubtedly have experienced racism growing up. It takes all sorts I guess.
No problem 😊 I agree she is a sociopath and probably would have stopped people fleeing a murderous regime!

Reactions: 1
Johnson lying again today about the state of TFL finances. The reason that there is a black hole is because of Johnson, not because of Khan.
He absolutely could not resist taking a pop at Khan could he? Unfortunately some of this is very much Sadiq's fault - never, ever trust a Tory. It's always a trap.

Slightly off topic but is anyone feeling hugely depressed over the upcoming local elections? I think even Labour HQ is getting worried although this will totally be their fault. I'm calling it now - they will blame it on Corona and Jeremy Corbyn. Hartlepool really looks like it's going to be a horrible result but again, I'm looking at you Labour. They should absolutely not be losing this seat.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
He absolutely could not resist taking a pop at Khan could he? Unfortunately some of this is very much Sadiq's fault - never, ever trust a Tory. It's always a trap.

Slightly off topic but is anyone feeling hugely depressed over the upcoming local elections? I think even Labour HQ is getting worried although this will totally be their fault. I'm calling it now - they will blame it on Corona and Jeremy Corbyn. Hartlepool really looks like it's going to be a horrible result but again, I'm looking at you Labour. They should absolutely not be losing this seat.
Labours own fault. Hartlepool voted 70% Brexit, and Labour have parachuted in someone who is very pro-europe. I think he has wound people up when asked.

Reactions: 5
Labours own fault. Hartlepool voted 70% Brexit, and Labour have parachuted in someone who is very pro-europe. I think he has wound people up when asked.
Not only that but the local politics was extremely murky. NO shortlist - they just wanted another middle class white man in place (despite having committed to all women shortlists in the past). After Mandelson, why in the hell should Hartlepool trust someone parachuting in with no competition whatsoever? Labour totally deserve to lose this. At this point I have no idea what the hell they are thinking. To lose a seat after the year the Conservatives have had is unforgiveable. Even my pro KS very good friend is now shitting a brick and it's taking all I have to not say 'I told you so'.

Reactions: 7
Not only that but the local politics was extremely murky. NO shortlist - they just wanted another middle class white man in place (despite having committed to all women shortlists in the past). After Mandelson, why in the hell should Hartlepool trust someone parachuting in with no competition whatsoever? Labour totally deserve to lose this. At this point I have no idea what the hell they are thinking. To lose a seat after the year the Conservatives have had is unforgiveable. Even my pro KS very good friend is now shitting a brick and it's taking all I have to not say 'I told you so'.
If they went for a AWS Laura Piddock might well have won the selection and they were not risking that at all.

Reactions: 3

OMG try being in Scotland. It’s a shitshow. There is literally no alternative to Nicola Sturgeon and if she goes the country is rudderless.

and that’s coming from anti-independence little ol’ me.

Reactions: 2
OMG try being in Scotland. It’s a shitshow. There is literally no alternative to Nicola Sturgeon and if she goes the country is rudderless.

Having no opposition is always a bad place to be. Labour also handily got rid of a left leaning leader in Scotland and replaced him with a centrist by bullying him out. It's just utterly hopeless. Is this how it felt in the 80s???

Reactions: 4

I think though, if/when Scotland does become independent then many SNP supporters will explore other parties and vote differently. That is if there are viable people standing. It’s not SNP’s fault that all of the opposition are so woeful.

If they went for a AWS Laura Piddock might well have won the selection and they were not risking that at all.
I just wish all the Corbyn supporters would form their own party so they could carry on being unelectable elsewhere. (P.S. I am a Labour supporter...)

Reactions: 6
I just wish all the Corbyn supporters would form their own party so they could carry on being unelectable elsewhere. (P.S. I am a Labour supporter...)
None of them are even in the shadow cabinet so not sure how they're meant to be carrying the can here??

Also - there is now a Northern Independence Party and they are fielding a candidate in Hartlepool. It's a very hard road starting a new Party but I wish them all the best.

Reactions: 2
Having no opposition is always a bad place to be. Labour also handily got rid of a left leaning leader in Scotland and replaced him with a centrist by bullying him out. It's just utterly hopeless. Is this how it felt in the 80s???
At least in the 80s there was some kind of credible opposition!!! And the chance of an opposition being elected!

I am so so depressed by the current state of politics in the UK. and so cross that elections werent suspended because of Covid in favour of a national government, as existed during the second world war.

The local elections in May are a joke!

Reactions: 4
At least in the 80s there was some kind of credible opposition!!! And the chance of an opposition being elected!

I am so so depressed by the current state of politics in the UK. and so cross that elections werent suspended because of Covid in favour of a national government, as existed during the second world war.

The difficult thing is that people want what the Conservatives are doing, brexit, tougher immigration controls, free ports, clamping down on demo's and rioting etc. You try to explain to people that stopping people coming over in little boats will keep happening as only have 4 patrol ships for the whole of the UK, explain that brexit won't make us an independent as many car manufactuers for example will follow EU rules as that is the bigger market, we have an ageing population, so we need extra people etc.

Johnson promised no defence cuts, bt it's already come out that 10,000 will be lost from the army, we have those 2 aircraft carriers, which only one can operate at a time, because we don't have the resources to do both, and not enough army vehicles as they ones we have are too old and we can't afford new ones.

As a nation we are in denial about our size and influence. Any one who dares point this out gets called 'Unpatriotic'.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
None of them are even in the shadow cabinet so not sure how they're meant to be carrying the can here??

Also - there is now a Northern Independence Party and they are fielding a candidate in Hartlepool. It's a very hard road starting a new Party but I wish them all the best.
It's just the depressing backbiting - it makes the whole party look like it hasn't got its act together. Not that the Tories are any better, mind. They just seem to be getting away with it at the moment.

All of what you said. I'm a bit too young to remember the 80s but my friends and family assure me it felt worse which makes me think - how bloody bad was it?!? Everything seems so hopeless right now. Agreed, these elections should have been postponed. I am absolutely dreading the results. My heart may smash into pieces if it's a Conservative landslide.

Reactions: 3
I think though, if/when Scotland does become independent then many SNP supporters will explore other parties and vote differently. That is if there are viable people standing. It’s not SNP’s fault that all of the opposition are so woeful.
Oh yeah, of course, the party is born to split when independence happens (and it will). And you’re dead right that the opposition parties are led by stuffed animals.

I’m just so... bfffftttttttt with it all. Westminster is no better by the way, just to make that clear.

I feel exactly the same. I'm very grateful there's a strong independent candidate I can happily vote for on the Highland lists, but I am totally perplexed about who to vote for as my constituency MSP. Not too many standing locally - the usual four suspects, plus one Scottish Libertarian candidate and one from the Freedom Alliance.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.