Boris Johnson #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The Daily Mail really do hate Boris now - quite a bit of coverage of Alan Duncan (who has never been pro Boris in any way) memoirs. Feels like they want him out so are trying everything to turn their readers against him so Sunak or Patel replaces hIm.

Reactions: 3
The Daily Mail really do hate Boris now - quite a bit of coverage of Alan Duncan (who has never been pro Boris in any way) memoirs. Feels like they want him out so are trying everything to turn their readers against him so Sunak or Patel replaces hIm.
Patel, please god no!!!!

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 10
Patel???? We will descend into an even more hellish place than we are in already.

Reactions: 7
Imagine looking at her smug evil face more than we do now, I'd prefer Boris to stay on!

Reactions: 7
I don't think Sunak would be a much better prospect. In fact any senior tories don't feel like any improvement, who'd have thought I'd prefer Boris 🙄

Reactions: 4
Imagine looking at her smug evil face more than we do now, I'd prefer Boris to stay on!
Yes that's the think with calling for politicians to be sacked- they get replaced by some other shithead. Especially so far from an election and with such a large majority. It's a crying shame that there doesnt seem to be anyone of any competence who could make a decent PM- on either side I dont think, although I'd prefer Starmer to Johnson and Sunak to Patel. It will also be a bit of a humiliation to Labour if the Tories get 2 women and an Indian PM before they even get a female leader!

Reactions: 5
Yes that's the think with calling for politicians to be sacked- they get replaced by some other shithead. Especially so far from an election and with such a large majority. It's a crying shame that there doesnt seem to be anyone of any competence who could make a decent PM- on either side I dont think, although I'd prefer Starmer to Johnson and Sunak to Patel. It will also be a bit of a humiliation to Labour if the Tories get 2 women and an Indian PM before they even get a female leader!
Especially with Patel a woman of colour, imagine the gloating!

Reactions: 4
Until they stop calling him Boris he is safe. Once they start saying Johnson is rubbish, then he can start to worry.

On the choice of his successor, there are still a lot of conservative members who will want a white man, so I think Raab will get it.

Reactions: 2
I can see her being more popular with the average Mail reader than Sunak as she is more in tune with them.
Sadly, I think Murdoch will be pushing for Gove, in itself utterly terrifying. But the entire Tory front bench is straight out of a horror film.

Especially with Patel a woman of colour, imagine the gloating!
A woman who would not have actually let her own parents into this country - it really is a massive reach. Why do women and women of colour have to be worse than average right wing men in order to get ahead???

Reactions: 10
Sadly, I think Murdoch will be pushing for Gove, in itself utterly terrifying. But the entire Tory front bench is straight out of a horror film.

A woman who would not have actually let her own parents into this country - it really is a massive reach. Why do women and women of colour have to be worse than average right wing men in order to get ahead???
I know this isnt the point and doesnt make her less nasty, but my dad was born in East Africa and he had a British passport from birth, so I'd assume the same of Patel. She is a similar age to me so her parents would have been born during British rule. I think the racists and Empire fetishists dont understand this- If people want to invade other countries and pretend they are part of Britain, all the people who live in that country are British citizens and are entitled to live in Britain!

Reactions: 8
I know this isnt the point and doesnt make her less nasty, but my dad was born in East Africa and he had a British passport from birth, so I'd assume the same of Patel. She is a similar age to me so her parents would have been born during British rule. I think the racists and Empire fetishists dont understand this- If people want to invade other countries and pretend they are part of Britain, all the people who live in that country are British citizens and are entitled to live in Britain!
Quite right the Brits went into other people's countries and arrogantly put up the Union Jack and proclaiming "this is ours'.,They are having to face the consequences now.

I think a lot of people secretly hanker for the ‘good old days of the Empire’. Not realising the damage that colonialism did. For example most of the trouble in the Middle East can be traced back the us Brits interfering. It wasn’t just us, France, Belgium, Spain etc all had colonies as well, but ours stretched further and seems to have left a bigger mess in places. Im convinced this is what Brexit was about. A certain kind of person who doesn’t realise the world has changed and we don’t call the shots anymore, and who object to ‘being told what to do by foreigners’. They are the kind of people who go on holiday to Spain and eat fry ups and roast dinners in British pubs, never trying the local cuisine. We all know the type.

Reactions: 14
I think a lot of people secretly hanker for the ‘good old days of the Empire’. Not realising the damage that colonialism did. For example most of the trouble in the Middle East can be traced back the us Brits interfering. It wasn’t just us, France, Belgium, Spain etc all had colonies as well, but ours stretched further and seems to have left a bigger mess in places. Im convinced this is what Brexit was about. A certain kind of person who doesn’t realise the world has changed and we don’t call the shots anymore, and who object to ‘being told what to do by foreigners’. They are the kind of people who go on holiday to Spain and eat fry ups and roast dinners in British pubs, never trying the local cuisine. We all know the type.
I remember a guy telling me he was leaving for spain because there were too many foreigners here who didn;t integrate or learn the language. I asked him if he spoke spanish, he got so red in the face and I thought he was going to hit me!!!!!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
I remember a guy telling me he was leaving for spain because there were too many foreigners here who didn;t integrate or learn the language. I asked him if he spoke spanish, he got so red in the face and I thought he was going to hit me!!!!!
Yeah, that kind of hypocrisy is kind of hilarious in its own way. Annoying, but kind of hilarious.

Reactions: 9
I remember a guy telling me he was leaving for spain because there were too many foreigners here who didn't integrate or learn the language. I asked him if he spoke spanish, he got so red in the face and I thought he was going to hit me!!!!!
Stupid twit! Its like those people who got turned away from Alicante airport for not having residency permits- They didn't have residency permits, so got turned away at the airport, yet they went bleating to the Daily Mail blaming the Spanish! Err if you are a legal resident in Spain you have had 5 years to sort out your residency permit since Brexit ( which I bet half of them voted for) yet they apparently didn't have time to get it approved. More than likely they have been doing what they blame immigrants for here- working cash in hand, overstaying work visas without a job etc and were trying to sneak back into Spain to carry on working illegally.

• Heart
I had someone in a pub tell me all about their holiday abroad for about 30 mins, raving about the food, the lovely restaurants, the lovely people, when I asked where he'd gone he said the Isle of Wight!

• Haha
Reactions: 14
My bad, thanks for correcting me. I still think she is that much of a sociopath though that she would have put up every barrier possible to people like her parents if given the opportunity. You know, she baffles me in so many ways. I find it bizarre that she identifies so much with conservative Britain when she will undoubtedly have experienced racism growing up. It takes all sorts I guess.

Johnson lying again today about the state of TFL finances. The reason that there is a black hole is because of Johnson, not because of Khan.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.