Books #4 the book lovers thread!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s got many mixed reviews but I’ve picked up Girl Woman Other whilst it’s only 99p on kindle

Reactions: 4
@ordinaryjelly Glad to have you back and sorry to hear you haven't been well. You, Middle Jelly and the rest of the Jelly Cohort have been on my mind over the summer. Sending you get well soon wishes, virtual flowers and chocolates as well as plenty more good reads on the Kindle. Take care xx

• Heart
Reactions: 2
THIS IS SO SO SO GOOD!!!!!!!
99p on kindle
DO IT!!!!!!!!!
CLICK CLICK!!!! PURCHASE 🤣😂
It’s so good!

Amazon product
You're such a bad influence, and I was being soo good 🤣

Hello all.

I have been gone for ages, been in hospital since early July. The positive is I am bed bound and have tons of time for reading. I have read 41 books since I have been here, a book a day a lot of the time - thank goodness for the Kindle. It is funny, I always thought I hated the Kindle and I will always prefer an actual paper book but it had been an absolute Godsend the last couple of months.

I've been ploughing through Kindle Unlimited mostly. Found an author Carol Wyer who has a few detective series, they aren't award winning fiction but I have been enjoying them for an easy to read "who done it" and not once have I guessed the culprit correctly.

I have of course just read 15 pages to catch up here and downloaded everything that was recommended.

The best book I have read is The Boy Who Saw In Colours by Lauren Robinson. It is about the Holocaust so it isn't an easy book but it took my breath away, it is a clever, strong story. Josef will stay with me forever.
Sorry to hear that, hope you get home soon. Wishing you well. xx

• Haha
Reactions: 1
I would also suggest everyone put the distant shore in their watch pile because it’s 8 quid now but worth a read 😬
I’ve really enjoyed the last two books I’ve read!!!

mum yet again having the recommendation anxiety now so many have bought it, but excited to have the chats 😂😂

reading an old kindle find now.
Wife in the fast lane - Karen Quinn.

Currently reading never greener by Ruth Jones. It’s an easy read but I’m finding both the main characters unlikable at the moment

Currently reading never greener by Ruth Jones. It’s an easy read but I’m finding both the main characters unlikable at the moment
I felt exactly the same- fine to read but couldn't bear the characters so hard to care!

I haven't posted properly here for ages, I just finished The Appeal by Janice Hallett and loved it, I thought the format was great.

Currently reading Jack Logan book 11.

I also picked up a bunch of Agatha Christie paperbacks from a second hand book stall on the South Bank. I could have spent all day there. They had an entire table of penguin classics.

Reactions: 5
I’m 25% through Stolen and really enjoying it! I have a theory 👀 but I’ve never guessed right before so we shall see…

• Heart
I've been ploughing through Kindle Unlimited mostly. Found an author Carol Wyer who has a few detective series, they aren't award winning fiction but I have been enjoying them for an easy to read "who done it" and not once have I guessed the culprit correctly.
I really like Carol Wyer’s books, i’ve never been right on the villain apart from once.

Damien Boyd is another author with a detective series that is good and usually on kindle unlimited. Also Conrad Jones but his are quite violent so maybe not everyones cup of tea.

Sorry to hear you’ve been poorly. I hope you are being well looked after x

Last edited:
I’m 25% through Stolen and really enjoying it! I have a theory 👀 but I’ve never guessed right before so we shall see…
It feels like a meatier more complex version of “what she knew”.
i want to know your theory now 😆

ive just finished wife in the fast lane by Karen Quinn. Going through my Kindle backlog paid off 😆
again I really enjoyed it!!!
That’s 3 in a row I’ve really really enjoyed 😀 I was in a bit of a book.....well no life slump last week 🤣 so glad I got out of it.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
It feels like a meatier more complex version of “what she knew”.
i want to know your theory now 😆

ive just finished wife in the fast lane by Karen Quinn. Going through my Kindle backlog paid off 😆
again I really enjoyed it!!!
That’s 3 in a row I’ve really really enjoyed 😀 I was in a bit of a book.....well no life slump last week 🤣 so glad I got out of it.
I’m wondering if the sister has anything to do with it. She’s not come to Florida with the parents (yet) and there have been references to them not being close but her always FaceTiming with Lottie. Also the fact that she can’t have children.

I’m probably way off, I imagine it’s a red herring. Like I say, I never usually get it!

I’m wondering if the sister has anything to do with it. She’s not come to Florida with the parents (yet) and there have been references to them not being close but her always FaceTiming with Lottie. Also the fact that she can’t have children.

I’m probably way off, I imagine it’s a red herring. Like I say, I never usually get it!
I can’t reply until you’re done because I don’t want to give it away 😂😂 but I so want to 😂🤣

new thread!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.