Books! #2 What are you reading, recommendations & reviews

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Last one at the party has made me research places I can go to if I am the last one at the end of the world. I'd look for a large farmhouse with solar panels. I would raid B&Q for seeds and gardening equipment. Stockpile as many books from waterstones/libraries. Including books on health, gardening etc. I would visit any grocery stores for food/other supplies they might have. Pharmacies for lots of medicines/pain killers/anti biotics. All clothes stores so I could have plenty of comfortable and practical clothing items. Ikea so I could have lots of candles. That sort of thing 😂

I am so glad so many of us felt the same way about the book. I finished almost a month ago and still shouting about how great it was.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I’m so excited to read last one at the party 🤣🤣 should finish my current book this week (I normally only read for an hour before bed so they take a while to get through!) and then that’ll be up next!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Last one at the party has made me research places I can go to if I am the last one at the end of the world. I'd look for a large farmhouse with solar panels. I would raid B&Q for seeds and gardening equipment. Stockpile as many books from waterstones/libraries. Including books on health, gardening etc. I would visit any grocery stores for food/other supplies they might have. Pharmacies for lots of medicines/pain killers/anti biotics. All clothes stores so I could have plenty of comfortable and practical clothing items. Ikea so I could have lots of candles. That sort of thing 😂

I am so glad so many of us felt the same way about the book. I finished almost a month ago and still shouting about how great it was.
Love your thinking, watch out for pigeons and rats when you're in the grocery stores though. It really does make you think about what you'd do in the event of being the last one at the Party 😀

• Haha
Reactions: 5

I like end of the world books and films etc (well. i did pre-COVID!) so I love your thinking here! but although i have useful skills like gardening, baking, sewing, cooking, riding horses etc I have to face the fact I'll be one of the first to be eaten by zombies or whatever, as I wear glasses - as soon as my glasses break, I'm toast :(

Reactions: 2
What Alice Forget - loved, and I generally dislike Liane Moriarty as she is dull and predictable.
could not agree with this more!!!! I loved what Alice forgot (I half wonder if her sister wrote it 😂) nine perfect strangers was one of the worst books I read that year.
I don’t even rate big little lies that much.

Reactions: 1
I’m currently reading last one to the party thanks to everyone’s recommendations....it’s amazing I just want to keep reading and reading but unfortunately got kids to look after 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I meant to say, I shared LOATP on Insta and tagged the author. She replied to me and we sent a few messages back and forth. I love the book and her even more now, what a lovely thing to do 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I like end of the world books and films etc (well. i did pre-COVID!)
it’s a genre I never read, it’s why I’ve held off downloading Last one but this thread has made me do it 😂 I did enjoy the hunger games trilogy but I’m at a loss to think of what other books of this type I’ve read

Reactions: 4
I meant to say, I shared LOATP on Insta and tagged the author. She replied to me and we sent a few messages back and forth. I love the book and her even more now, what a lovely thing to do 🥰
I wondered who you were talking about when you mentioned this on the WHYDT thread!! How lovely!

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.