Book Club January - Tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow by Gabrielle Zevin

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Here we are!

February read;
58C12EF1-4424-4543-9EC1-AA8B9E125AA5.jpeg

How shall we go about picking books? I kind of like @nbt idea of picking books like we do thread titles here. So you could post "Book Nomination : book title" and then the one with the most likes is our choice, in a specified time frame.

March book choice;
Evening all.

I hope you are all doing OK.

This afternoon I have tallied up all of this month's suggestions likes, as with last month we have two 'winners' and I wish used the Wheel of Names to help me decide.

The final list of likes is:

March 2022 Book

The Twins by L.V. Matthews - 14 likes
Pachinko by Min Jin Lee - 14 likes
The Heights by Louise Candlish - 12 likes
The Weekend Away by Sarah Alderson - 11 likes
Man Who Died Twice by Richard Osman - 11 likes
The Maid by Nita Prowse - 9 likes
Notes on an Execution by Danya Kukafka - 8 likes
Detransition, Baby by Torry Peters - 6 likes
Transcent Kingdom by Yaa Gyasi - 5 likes
The Forgotten Children by Genevieve Graham 4 likes
Music for Torching by A.M. Homes - 3 likes
The Coward by Jared McGinniss - 3 likes
The Twyford Code by Janice Hallett - 2 likes
Flowers for Algernon by Daniek Keyes - 2 Likes

And so the Wheel of Names chose between The Twins and Pachinko. Choosing Pachinko, I have attached the video showing that.

So, March's book club book is @epl000's suggestion Pachinko by Min Jin Lee.

View attachment 1094157

As a head up this book is available for free if you have Kindle Unlimited, then of course available for purchase from all the usual places.

Happy reading everyone. I'm looking forward to this month's discussion, this book has been on my TBR for a long time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 15
Here we are!

How shall we go about picking books? I kind of like @nbt idea of picking books like we do thread titles here. So you could post "Book Nomination : book title" and then the one with the most likes is our choice, in a specified time frame.
Sounds good!! Let me start with this suggestion, since it's black history month:
Book nomination: Girl, Woman, Other by Bernardine Evaristo

Reactions: 5
Fab, if everyone agrees shall we leave it until Saturday 7pm for people to post book suggestions and then we'll go with the one that has the most votes on Monday at 7pm?

I'll come back with my nomination later.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Can’t wait! I haven’t got anything to nominate but I will vote

Reactions: 2
I’m new to the book side of tattle ! I don’t know why I didn’t think to look for booktattle earlier. But may I also join in on this book club?

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Great idea! I also have both of those 2 suggestions already so I’m very happy 🀣

Reactions: 3
Can I make a suggestion. If say a romance novel was picked can we say the following book should be a different genre. That way we read a variety of books

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Can I make a suggestion. If say a romance novel was picked can we say the following book should be a different genre. That way we read a variety of books
I like the sound of that, as I always seem to go for the same genre so would be good to try out different ones!

Reactions: 6
Yes, I think making sure next month's book is from a different genre than the previous month's is a good idea. That way if people want to skip a book from a genre they dislike they can do so and hope at least next month's might be a better pick.

Reactions: 8
I don’t either have a nomination but will vote. How long do we get to read the selected book?

Reactions: 1
I nominate Pachinko by Min Jin Lee! I believe it's free for Kindle Unlimited or Prime users!

1643932634017.png

Reactions: 13
I nominate Pachinko by Min Jin Lee! I believe it's free for Kindle Unlimited or Prime users!

View attachment 1038485
This really isn’t something I’d ever normally read but just read about it on Amazon and I’m so drawn in to it! It’s going on my TBR even if it doesn’t end up at the book club’s choice.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.