Boiling Point - Netflix

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Currently number 1 in the UK on Netflix. Just watched it…interested to see what other viewers thoughts are…..

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Stephen Graham is magnificent, and Boiling Point really showcased his talent.

I was very intruiged that the whole movie was filmed in one take - everyone involved in the production must have been so talented and professional!

The premise of the movie may have been a bit too art house for me, though. I understand that it's a really impressive movie, but it wasn't gripping enough for me.

If you haven't seen it and are interested in a one take movie then I'd really recommend Victoria. It's fantastic.

I know the director of Boiling Point. He's extremely talented and a lovely guy. I thought it was brilliantly executed.

• Heart
Stephen Graham is magnificent, and Boiling Point really showcased his talent.

I was very intruiged that the whole movie was filmed in one take - everyone involved in the production must have been so talented and professional!

The premise of the movie may have been a bit too art house for me, though. I understand that it's a really impressive movie, but it wasn't gripping enough for me.
I’m of the same opinion as you - whilst I enjoyed it I was waiting for something to happen when really it was the consequence of Andy’s mistakes. You just knew what was going to happen on Table 13! I wanted to know what happened at the end, I’m not good with cliffhangers😂

Reactions: 3
I joked at the start at what was in his water bottle... turns out I was correct 😄

Slightly predictable plot but brilliant acting. Very enjoyable short film. There were no spares in the script, everyone added to the experience. It had an excellent pace and tension the whole time. I felt stressed watching it! Having worked behind the scenes in busy hotels etc. I'd say the characters were pretty accurate.

If you haven't watched it give it a go

Reactions: 4
Watching this right now. Gathering what's in the water bottle.
They've had food hygiene out. 5 to a 3 .
They all keep touching face/neck then not washing hands.
When he was trying the pudding. He triple dipped with the spoon. I'm only 35 minutes in.. I get its once take but...
Then nut allergy on 13 and I already think I know what's going to happen.

I loved it! It felt very real and in the same vein as that film about the warehouse that pressured its workers to the limit. (Edited to add: here are the details if anyone wants to check it out: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt17519342/)

What a pain in the bum it must be to have influencers turn up and make demands, then film what's going on ...

I've worked in places where staff would rush off to the loo in tears, so it brought back a few memories.

That poor, poor man having SO much on his plate ... it was all a house of cards, waiting to tumble. It looked like an awful place to work - lots of yelling, followed by apologies ... ugh.

I just watched this, very tense but brilliant film. Also wanted to know what the outcome was! Fantastic acting from everyone.

Reactions: 1
Hi all, should I watch the film before the series or doesn’t it not matter? (I’ve jumped to the end of the thread so I avoid as many spoilers as possible)😂🫣

Hi all, should I watch the film before the series or doesn’t it not matter? (I’ve jumped to the end of the thread so I avoid as many spoilers as possible)😂🫣
Watch the film first as the series follows on from the end of the film

I loved the film and the first episode of the series was amazing. I might need beta blockers to watch the rest!

Adored the first episode, has she gripped from start to finish. I'm reallt interested in what Andy does next, would be great to see him back in the kitchen