Blood tests - any GP nurses out there?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I had a GP appointment 2 weeks ago because I found a soft lump in the top of my arm. GP said she wasn't particularly worried, but thought I should have some routine bloods cos I'm 38(?!) and had none since 2018...

Had bloods last Thursday. Get a text today asking me to make a non urgent phone appointment with a doctor. That's not until the 29th. I was pretty non-phased about it until now, but I'm panicking that they've found something.

What sort of things are discussed by phone rather than in person? The logical part of my brain is hoping it can't be too serious ...

I'm not a nurse but I do work in a surgery. We would ask patients to make a non urgent phone appointment for the doctor to have a chat about your bloods, it could just be that they want something repeated and want to explain it all to you. In the surgery I work in the doctor would phone you asap if it was something serious.

Reactions: 2
I'm not a nurse but I do work in a surgery. We would ask patients to make a non urgent phone appointment for the doctor to have a chat about your bloods, it could just be that they want something repeated and want to explain it all to you. In the surgery I work in the doctor would phone you asap if it was something serious.
Thank you that's helpful.

Reactions: 1
Worked in the NHS for years and I can assure you if it was anything sinister they would phone you asap not request you do as “non urgent”.

Hope you aren’t waiting too long as I know personally the only way you will feel complete relief is once it’s over with and you know what’s going on xxx

Also bad news isn’t usually given out on the phone they would bring you in and ask you to bring someone with you

Thank you. I'm thinking I might have low iron or b12, if that's the sorta thing that might be discussed on the phone?

Thank you. I'm thinking I might have low iron or b12, if that's the sorta thing that might be discussed on the phone?
I've had this before and was asked to make an appointment as my blood test showed low iron levels. They put me on iron tablets and all was fine after that. Was also worried sick though!