Bleach blonde hair help!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve been bleaching my hair again for about 7 months now after having a break and growing out any colour for 2 years. I bleached it for about 8 years before this but had short hair so any breakages or damage went unnoticed by me and my hairdresser. I’ve grown it now and it’s probably at my shoulder blades.
The first 2 times bleaching it again were fine and I was surprised at how my hair coped with it! My hair grows so bloody fast so my roots show within 10 days 🤯
It was last bleached 7th December, and needs doing again BUT the last few weeks I’ve noticed it’s all snapping off 😭 Nothing was different to the previous times of it being done so I have no idea why it’s just started.

I’m considering just going blonde not bleach blonde but need help on how to do so without it doing orange, green or any other shade 🤣😅
Any hairdressers out there that can help??
I only let my hairdresser cut my hair as the 2 times they have coloured my hair previously, they did it very wrong 🤨😑And I can’t afford hair salon prices at the moment 🤦🏼‍♀️
They also put a toner on my hair before my wedding to “cool it down and make it lighter”. It was probably the same shade as when I walked in when I left 😑
Helpppppp

A few things first -

have you been pregnant ?
Taking medication that might affect hair ?

also - whenyour hairdresser toned your hair did they use a high developer with it ?

But ! To look after your hair now, get olaplex/inoluxe treatment, then a hair trim.
Then get some olaplex to use at home, and perhaps consider going a darker less intense blonde. Our hair may have been bleached over and over before but that doesn’t mean it will survive forever!

also. Try and use less heat on it. Wash it in cold/Luke warm water x

A few things first -

have you been pregnant ?
Taking medication that might affect hair ?

also - whenyour hairdresser toned your hair did they use a high developer with it ?

But ! To look after your hair now, get olaplex/inoluxe treatment, then a hair trim.
Then get some olaplex to use at home, and perhaps consider going a darker less intense blonde. Our hair may have been bleached over and over before but that doesn’t mean it will survive forever!

also. Try and use less heat on it. Wash it in cold/Luke warm water x
Never been to full term with a pregnancy and don’t take anything that could effect my hair! Any time i get vitamins I ensure they won’t effect my hair because I’m so paranoid about damaging it.
It falls out a lot anyway but this is definitely snapping as you can see all the short bits and fly aways 😢

Not sure if they used a developer on it 🤨

I use olaplex often but have lacked in that department the last few months as I need stock up 🤭
I try to wash it a few times a week only to avoid using heat on it too!
Any tips on how I can go a deeper blonde without the bleach and without making it an awful colour? Thank you for your reply 🥰 xx

I'm not a hairdresser, but have dyed my own hair a lot and used to bleach it.

If you want to darken it, then I'd recommend buying 10 volume developer (don't go any higher as you don't want it to lift/be lightened anymore) + a dark blonde dye from Sally's. (One of the brands in tubes like Wella - not a box dye) I'd recommend the Colour Charm 7a which is 'medium ash blonde'. Its demi-permanent, but it'll give you a chance to see how it takes to your hair and if you like it, you could always follow up with the permanent version (especially with how quickly it'll fade in the beginning). Definitely don't use a box dye as thats usually when you get the green/grey tones, and they usually have a higher developer than what you'd need (20-30), so will do more damage. If you do need to bleach your roots first (depending on what colour your hair naturally is), then try to not go higher than 20 vol (especially if you hair is in the dark blonde/light brown region).

This is a good tutorial which shows how the colour charm colour turns out (just on the roots), and is also good if you wanted to do a 'root drag' and not darken all of your hair:

As for getting it healthy, I really like the TIGI Superstar (this one is sulphate free which is great) or Dumb Blonde shampoos + conditioners. They also do a reconstructor in a silver bottle which is great as a deep treatment mask.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Milkshakes silver shine shampoo is amazing for removing any brass tones from blonde hair (and smells soooo good)! It’s one of my holy grail products
I do find the shampoo a bit drying so I usually put a conditioning treatment on afterwards
I use the silver shine light version around twice a week in my hair as I find this is enough for my hair to keep the brassiness at bay

• Heart
Not sure if they used a developer on it 🤨
You have to mix bleach with developer for it to bleach your hair lol they might have been using a 40vol developer which is soo bad for your hair, I used it a few years ago and nearly all my hair snapped off. Now I use 20vol and it’s somewhat healthier

You have to mix bleach with developer for it to bleach your hair lol they might have been using a 40vol developer which is soo bad for your hair, I used it a few years ago and nearly all my hair snapped off. Now I use 20vol and it’s somewhat healthier
This was just the toner we was talking about not the bleach 😁

I find the L’Oréal Casting Creme Gloss works great for toning down hair at home for an affordable price. As they’re not permanent they don’t lift and deposit colour they just sit on top of your current shade and are great for toning. Just make sure you use shades with golden or warm tones in them as any ashy shades are the ones that will tinge your hair ‘green’.

Thanks for all your advice girlies 🥰
I desperately need to do my roots but really don’t want to bleach my hair again 😩😩
I also don’t want it to be really obvious that I’ve got one colour in my roots and the rest is still bleached!

I desperately need to do my roots but really don’t want to bleach my hair again 😩😩
I also don’t want it to be really obvious that I’ve got one colour in my roots and the rest is still bleached!
if it’s only your natural regrowth that’s being bleached then it shouldn’t be snapping off? It would only break if the bleach is overlapping onto existing bleached hair. Are you doing it at home or at a salon

I’m not sure with regards to getting your hair darker blonde but in terms of helping the condition I would recommend using ‘argan hair therapy pre shampoo hair treatment’ from Superdrug as it helps the elasticity of your hair.
I suffered from breakage from bleaching last year where hair would come out in 10’s of strands at a time each time I brushed it but since I’ve been using this that has stopped and it is in much better condition 🙂

if it’s only your natural regrowth that’s being bleached then it shouldn’t be snapping off? It would only break if the bleach is overlapping onto existing bleached hair. Are you doing it at home or at a salon
No that’s not snapping off it’s just the ends/middle lengths. Im just undecided in what direction to go in. If I should continue bleaching or just go a little darker 🤦🏼‍♀️😅
I’m not sure with regards to getting your hair darker blonde but in terms of helping the condition I would recommend using ‘argan hair therapy pre shampoo hair treatment’ from Superdrug as it helps the elasticity of your hair.
I suffered from breakage from bleaching last year where hair would come out in 10’s of strands at a time each time I brushed it but since I’ve been using this that has stopped and it is in much better condition 🙂
thank you I will give this a try!

Hey!!
my hair naturally dark brown and have bleached it and toned it for 14 years. It is down way past my boobs and platinum blonde

I’ve had my hair in terrible condition before and always refused to have it cut super short but have managed to get it back to really good health with the following tips.

My tips would be
try to go to a salon - if not use professional bleach and toner you can buy online

only ever bleach the roots!! and just tone the rest

stay away from box dye

olaplex treatment in the bleach !

Hair masks help - I like coconut

when sleeping tie in a plait to prevent breakages

do not use a towel on wet hair instead use a cotton t shirt or similar

lots of hair oil when it’s wet!

try to wash less although I am bad at this

Hope I helped !

• Heart
My advice would be to see a professional, someone who is trained in colour application and hair health. If it was my hair I'd have a good cut, taking off as much as I could bear and then really nurture the remaining length. If you really can't afford to pay salon prices find out about model days when you'll only pay for the products used. Further education colleges that offer hairdressing courses have onsite training salons that are open to the public - when I was a student I always had my hair done this way, saved myself a fortune!