Black Widow

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
People seem to be mindlessly jumping on the 'evil Disney' bandwagon and backing Scarlett. Yes, Disney is a highly questionable corporation but Scarlett Johansson is also far from a beacon of moral virtue. The one thing Disney and Scarlett have in common is their cut-throat attitude aimed towards earning as much money as possible. Let's not forget Scarlett Johansson chose to support Israeli Apartheid over Oxfam, has said she deserves to play any race she wants to, stood up for Woody Allen (bizarrely whilst also supporting the Women's March). I'm not rooting for her, at all.
Why would morals and virtue even come into it? It's a business deal. I work in the arts and every female-centric group/chat I'm in supports her 100%, not because 'she's the right sort of person' but because she has a right to mount a legal challenge without being subjected to an unprofessional personal attack by a leading studio exec.

Reactions: 3

Yel

I do find this 100% on her side a tad troublesome as no one is in possession of all the information to really make that judgement. And it's not one woman taking on a mega corp, it's someone's considerable team against the mouse. So many people seem to be swayed by simplistic headlines.

End of the day for me it boils down to two capitalist corporate entities trying to make as much money as possible in an industry that's under change due to how people consume content. I'd struggle to be on eithers team.

Reactions: 3

Yel

Ah shame, it was probably always going to end like this. But a public cash battle would have been interesting.

The whole marvel universe I'm barely interested in these days, watching black widow was another reminder to not bother in the future.

Reactions: 1
Ah shame, it was probably always going to end like this. But a public cash battle would have been interesting.

The whole marvel universe I'm barely interested in these days, watching black widow was another reminder to not bother in the future.
Given the industry and other marvel stars sided with Scarlett Disney just weren’t going to let that happen 🤦‍♀️

I did read that Disney are now rewriting contracts on the back of this!

Reactions: 1

Yel

Given the industry and other marvel stars sided with Scarlett
Did they? I only followed this story for a few weeks and it was notable that very few came out in support of her, I think Elizabeth Moss said a few words of support in an interview.

End of the day I'll never know the full details of what happened so can't really support either side based on facts.