Black Mirror

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What did you all think of Season 5? What was your favourite episode? Does anyone else have the Ashley O song stuck in their head?

Reactions: 3
Really enjoyed Season 5...can’t decide on a favourite though, lol! Love Black Mirror...great stories.

Reactions: 1
Fantastic as always, but really disappointed that there's only 3 episodes in this series :( I think my favourite was Smithereens in this series. What's your favourite episode overall?

Reactions: 3
Love Blackmirror! I think i prefer the pre Netflix ones made for channel 4 as they were less glossy and American

Reactions: 10
Only just got round to watching the Ashley O one, I love the song but that's fine as they deliberately went to hit producers to make a good one.

The second part of the episode was a bit of a let down. What message does it send that the obsessed fan was now just nodding along to music she didn't really like at the end? Doesn't make sense that someone in their mid 20s would be under such control, but then again I guess we have Britney approaching 40 in her current state.

Only just got round to watching the Ashley O one, I love the song but that's fine as they deliberately went to hit producers to make a good one.

The second part of the episode was a bit of a let down. What message does it send that the obsessed fan was now just nodding along to music she didn't really like at the end? Doesn't make sense that someone in their mid 20s would be under such control, but then again I guess we have Britney approaching 40 in her current state.
I thought Miley Cyrus was really good in it, but yes I agree it was a letdown. I thought the best one out of the new series was the one with Anthony Mackie. I think they spent too much time on bandersnatch and it shows

I thought Miley Cyrus was really good in it, but yes I agree it was a letdown.
I wonder what the original script was, they did say it was changed once Miley signed for it. Such a shame the second half missed the mark so much.

I wonder what the original script was, they did say it was changed once Miley signed for it. Such a shame the second half missed the mark so much.
Oooh I didn’t know that. I can’t imagine her wanting to run down the script I would have thought she would revel in it

Oooh I didn’t know that. I can’t imagine her wanting to run down the script I would have thought she would revel in it
I do wonder if she butchered the original story, I can't imagine her signing for it and not wanting to change it even if it was great.

She said she had to do the role as they wrote it with her in mind

I'm still obsessed with "on a roll" I think it's the best song the invisible men have done - better than Orson no tomorrow or girls aloud the show 😁

I do wonder if she butchered the original story, I can't imagine her signing for it and not wanting to change it even if it was great.

She said she had to do the role as they wrote it with her in mind
They said they wrote with her- or someone similar - in mind. Charlie Brooker said he never thought she'd do it though but really wanted someone who would be credible aso a mega famous popstar. I agree she was surprisingly good and that was the weakest of the three but it was a fun caper.
Overall I really liked this series though as I think it had gone downhill recently (bar bandersnatch I didn't watch that as I found the concept off putting. Should I ?)
The first two episodes were really good. I wonder if it's because Charlie Brooker wrote all 3 as opposed to people trying to imitate him.

White bear is my favourite. The one where the girl wakes up and is being hunted but doesn't know why...that shook me up. I also remember loving the Xmas one tho I can't fully remember the plot.

Thought it might be a good time to revive this thread as Charlie Brooker has uploaded a short video for the new Black Mirror series on Twitter

I find this show hit and miss but don’t put it down to the old ones being good and the new/American ones being crap, just depends on the storyline and how much it interests me.

My favourites (in no particular order):
San Jupinero
White Bear
Shut up and Dance
15 million merits
Nosedive

I hope Michaela Cole is in another one, I really like her as an actress.

O/T but I like the first comment under that tweet: “2020 wipe should be a full series this year” 😄 it really should!!

I love Black Mirror but not hugely fond of Season 5.

So many good episodes. I love White Christmas, San Junipero, Nosedive and Hated in the Nation.

San Junipero made me cry my eyes out, so beautiful. Loved White Bear and I also loved White Christmas...really haunted me, I think about it all the time! God I’m excited now!!