Big C & Me #4 Big C no more so what’s the €170K Go Fund Me for?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Family aside, I’ve never rooted for anyone as much as I am for Vicky. I don’t even want to think about it but it will be a sad, sad day in Ireland when that lady passes. I can’t even imagine what she is going through. Life can be so unfair.
Vicky will go down in history as one of our bravest.
No bull about her open and honest.
A credit to women she could of went like most of the insta huns out to get what they could but no she stayed true to herself it's a sad day reading her update.

Reactions: 12
A credit to women she could of went like most of the insta huns out to get what they could but no she stayed true to herself it's a sad day reading her update.
I don’t live in Ireland anymore and don’t know all of the cervical check story but know enough about Vicky to admire her greatly. I follow her on Insta and am so sad to read that her treatment may only extend her life until Christmas. Every journey through Illness is different but some people show such grace and selflessness.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Heartbreaking reading Vicky's statement. What an absolute powerhouse of a woman. Her strength is remarkable, her dignity and self respect is unbelievable. Just the way she carries herself during what can only be described as a woman's worst nightmare. Everytime she came on to talk, she held herself together, there was never a pity me attitude even though let's be honest we'd all understand if she did. I wanted a miracle for her so badly. The Government should hang their heads in shame.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
Heartbreaking reading Vicky's statement. What an absolute powerhouse of a woman. Her strength is remarkable, her dignity and self respect is unbelievable. Just the way she carries herself during what can only be described as a woman's worst nightmare. Everytime she came on to talk, she held herself together, there was never a pity me attitude even though let's be honest we'd all understand if she did. I wanted a miracle for her so badly. The Government should hang their heads in shame.
Yes she has and yes the government has a lot to answer for and still has not learned it’s lesson.

Reactions: 1
Along with Eileen

• Sad
Reactions: 3
If people really think that the go fund me money was obtained by making her cancer treatment seem more expensive & complicated and you donated based on a story that wasn’t factual you can file a report with the guards. It is illegal to obtain money in this way.

Reactions: 4
I think the biggest problem here was how they looked for an amount of money and when it went past that amount they let it go up and up and up. Nobody capped it.
What started off as a GFM for an certain amount that would of helped was taken over by utter greed and nobody thought we need to stop this now.🤷🏼‍♀️
It was like a Lotto win!
GFM are started up for any reason these days and there seems to be no transparency, no regulation.
It's mind blowing how many people are essentially getting away with daylight robbery.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I think the biggest problem here was how they looked for an amount of money and when it went past that amount they let it go up and up and up. Nobody capped it.
What started off as a GFM for an certain amount that would of helped was taken over by utter greed and nobody thought we need to stop this now.🤷🏼‍♀️
It was like a Lotto win!
GFM are started up for any reason these days and there seems to be no transparency, no regulation.
It's mind blowing how many people are essentially getting away with daylight robbery.
Hence why I have stopped giveing no transparency to many gofundmes.
Think about it how many give updates very few.
Greed comes into most once the money starts comeing in.

Reactions: 2
Hence why I have stopped giveing no transparency to many gofundmes.
Think about it how many give updates very few.
Greed comes into most once the money starts comeing in.
I've had several family members with both treatable cancer and terminal cancer, the care in Ireland is very good, the average man and woman in Ireland get on with it and look for go fund me money.

I've had several family members with both treatable cancer and terminal cancer, the care in Ireland is very good, the average man and woman in Ireland get on with it and look for go fund me money.
I agree most people as well dont have the backing of other people to push the fund forward.
Or a big story in the middle of the fund to push it further again for more money..

I agree most people as well dont have the backing of other people to push the fund forward.
Or a big story in the middle of the fund to push it further again for more money..
Just seen my typo, it' should say
** don't look for go fund me money.
The backing of others has sort of backfired too as she is being reminded everyday of all the money collected for her and being held accountable, most other recipients wouldn't be asked again but the amounts probably nowhere near as high

Reactions: 3
Just seen my typo, it' should say
** don't look for go fund me money.
The backing of others has sort of backfired too as she is being reminded everyday of all the money collected for her and being held accountable, most other recipients wouldn't be asked again but the amounts probably nowhere near as high
There will have to be stricter laws brought in it's like a money printing machine
And most if not all say its for the cost of treatment which in the majority of cases even children the treatment is free.
They should say for expences incurred and be more transparent.
But if they say that I dont think as much money would be raised.
I have given to a few over the years and not one of them ever gave a update so I dont donate anymore.

• Heart
I think there would be no backlash if Shannen had been upfront, paid her bills or rent or whatever, and straight away when her transplant was done, said right lads there's x left, it's going into x charity.
The fact the money is in the credit union, which is a lie unless it's been broken up into different accounts as you can't have that much in a credit union account, and she's waiting in case she has a relapse is disgraceful.
It's like someone getting 175k for cancer treatment in one limb, limb is recovered, but holding onto the money in case the next limb gets cancerous.
None of us know if we'll get sick next week, month, year, doesn't mean we fundraise for that just in case moment.

Reactions: 9
Why try to conceal the “ad” behind the profile pic then a few slides later thank people for the support which allows her to “work from home and be flexible with (her daughter)”?

• Wow
Why try to conceal the “ad” behind the profile pic then a few slides later thank people for the support which allows her to “work from home and be flexible with (her daughter)”?
Such nonsense what ppl are helping her do is build more cash.

Reactions: 1
So if she can work from home, I presume she's not employed by Layla now? Or if she is, the company doctor needs to see that she is already working from home, so well able.

I have a family member that has had treatable but incurable cancer for 4 years... Has had 4 different types of chemo and his wife had to leave work to become his carer... No go fund me and they still manage a comfortable life.. All treatment that has been needed is covered here.
So if she can work from home, I presume she's not employed by Layla now? Or if she is, the company doctor needs to see that she is already working from home, so well able.
Didn't she say she was set up as a sole trader nd earning her own money in the rá t she did about the gfm

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.