Big C and me #3 Don't question me!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If she might get out of the bed & into the fresh air she might feel a bit better. She lives in that bed.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I have a pal battleing cancer for the second time omg her dignity and her greatefullnes for life is inspiring.
No go fund me she would not hear of it when suggested because she said all her treatment tg was covered here in ireland for free
We said what about out of pocket expenses etc and you know what she said I would not sleep a wink if I expected other people to fund me.
She gets up and dressed every day and has to do the normal day to day things because her husband had to go back to work no matter how shes feeling .
She said she wants her life to be as normal as possible .
She is on fb and instagram but not crying into a phone to people
She has a close circle of friends who she can confide in any time and family.
And we respect when she may not be up to chats
Not everyone can afford childcare while going through treatment or the cost of travel , eating on the go ect, it is an extremely expensive time & if your single , or the main earner in a household then youll be hit financially, there is zero shame in looking for help. Great if you have the means to pay all the additional costs but many people simply do not

Reactions: 3
I think she took your advise shes out in the egg chair lol
Im not saying she is making it up as I'm sure there is fear and anxiety feelings but FFS she is actually milking it. It screams ok I need the focus back on me.

Not everyone can afford childcare while going through treatment or the cost of travel , eating on the go ect, it is an extremely expensive time & if your single , or the main earner in a household then youll be hit financially, there is zero shame in looking for help. Great if you have the means to pay all the additional costs but many people simply do not
It's a very expensive time but go fund me have really become too unaccountable. I've stopped donations to them unless I personally know the family involved.

I've given to too many where it was for treatment abroad that never happened and no discussion or follow up on where the money went. There is zero accountability with go fund me accounts.

Shannen is a perfect example.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 10
Im not saying she is making it up as I'm sure there is fear and anxiety feelings but FFS she is actually milking it. It screams ok I need the focus back on me.

It's a very expensive time but go fund me have really become too unaccountable. I've stopped donations to them unless I personally know the family involved.

I've given to too many where it was for treatment abroad that never happened and no discussion or follow up on where the money went. There is zero accountability with go fund me accounts.

Shannen is a perfect example.
Same here few years ago a mega go fund me was set up for an OP abroad I donated to that the OP never went ahead home or abroad your blocked if you ask quistions or given out too for daring to ask.
I think a element of greed can creep in when some funds go thousands and thousands over target
I dont want a blow by blow account of how the funds are spent but it's so rare for most GoFundMe to give any update at all.

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Same here few years ago a mega go fund me was set up for an OP abroad I donated to that the OP never went ahead home or abroad your blocked if you ask quistions or given out too for daring to ask.
I think a element of greed can creep in when some funds go thousands and thousands over target
I dont want a blow by blow account of how the funds are spent but it's so rare for most GoFundMe to give any update at all.
Exactly no one is asking for accounts but some indication of where the funds were donated to because often that is stated in the original request 'all funds unused will be donated to xyz....' rarely see a follow up of this. No accountability

Reactions: 4
Exactly no one is asking for accounts but some indication of where the funds were donated to because often that is stated in the original request 'all funds unused will be donated to xyz....' rarely see a follow up of this. No accountability
None what so ever so strange that there is no governance what so ever .

Anxiety overload.
Shannen, if it's that bad then you wouldn't be able to text the long stories looking for sympathy.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Lynsey won a court case as she was affected by cervical cancer scandal and spent her money wisely by putting money in a trust fund for her girls and making sure they are set for life. She also went to Mexico to seek further treatment

Imagine your legacy being that you were the cause of so many precious donators to GFM now being no longer prepared to donate. I’d die of shame.

• Sad
If she might get out of the bed & into the fresh air she might feel a bit better. She lives in that bed.
I used to like Sharon ourwheelybigjourney, anyone else feels she’s trying to make money, the cool mom, the new house, we’re lucky we can afford to get away, but if insta wants to pay for it, I’m going to milk what I can , I unfollowed this evening, sick of all of them ,

I used to like Sharon ourwheelybigjourney, anyone else feels she’s trying to make money, the cool mom, the new house, we’re lucky we can afford to get away, but if insta wants to pay for it, I’m going to milk what I can , I unfollowed this evening, sick of all of them ,
Exact same as that. Ive gone right off them all.

Reactions: 6
Thing that annoys me about her, she rants about having to wait for essential equipment for Noah, new wheelchair for example, goes on and on.... and yet, they can go spend THOUSANDS, on a camper van, build a new house, she never stops buying stuff, they arent short of a bob or 2! Yet, cant buy Noahs essentials themselves?🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Well said. The attention is waning now that’s all that’s wrong with her.
Thing that annoys me about her, she rants about having to wait for essential equipment for Noah, new wheelchair for example, goes on and on.... and yet, they can go spend THOUSANDS, on a camper van, build a new house, she never stops buying stuff, they arent short of a bob or 2! Yet, cant buy Noahs essentials themselves?🙄
very true u would put your child first , not all this nonsense to create content for the gram , think she wants the account about herself not the child , which I presume the account was created for

Reactions: 3
Another one that was all about raising awareness until the ads started now no mention of any awareness 🤔
That's what happens with 99.9% of them.. they start off wanting to raise awareness or document their journey or blog....but they literally all turn out the same... gifted this..gifted that..gifted hotel stay. Gifted clothes..gifted make up gifted skin care. Gifted everything.... then I think greed seeps into them... then that's what their focus is.. what they can get for free... what kinda world are we living in where this is normal life now... sickens my tit ..

Reactions: 9
That's what happens with 99.9% of them.. they start off wanting to raise awareness or document their journey or blog....but they literally all turn out the same... gifted this..gifted that..gifted hotel stay. Gifted clothes..gifted make up gifted skin care. Gifted everything.... then I think greed seeps into them... then that's what their focus is.. what they can get for free... what kinda world are we living in where this is normal life now... sickens my tit ..
I wish companies would see that this actually turns off customers. I was buying an item from an Irish business quite regularly but they gift way too much to bloggers so I just stopped I get it advertising but sometimes the blagger shows it for 1 second I just fail to see why they send so many out but yet never offer a discount to regular customers which is also advertising, it's also sickening to pay for items that they just keep getting for free.

I wish companies would see that this actually turns off customers. I was buying an item from an Irish business quite regularly but they gift way too much to bloggers so I just stopped I get it advertising but sometimes the blagger shows it for 1 second I just fail to see why they send so many out but yet never offer a discount to regular customers which is also advertising, it's also sickening to pay for items that they just keep getting for free.
Totally agree... ive said before that I shopped in meaghers pharmacy for my sons acne stuff etc... and other stuff... asked them was there any discount as I order all the time... no sorry I was told... but they send huge amounts to blaggers... nah, feck that.. they cant help out PAYING customers but can lavish blaggers in freebies... it's just not good enough...

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Totally agree... ive said before that I shopped in meaghers pharmacy for my sons acne stuff etc... and other stuff... asked them was there any discount as I order all the time... no sorry I was told... but they send huge amounts to blaggers... nah, feck that.. they cant help out PAYING customers but can lavish blaggers in freebies... it's just not good enough...
I avoid companys who give to bloggers I'd love a emma mattresse not a hope after seeing who got them for free

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.