Beyond Skincare #3 Cosmetic Devices and Procedures

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes! the sort of tool you keep in the fridge or freezer (or even two teaspoons kept in the freezer) do wonders to de-puff. I know primark sells a similar tool too.

Reactions: 2
I had an email from Foreo about a sale on masks so I looked on the website and got a shock how expensive they are now. Basically the sale price was almost the original mask price.

I’ve still got quite a few masks left so I’ll make them last for now and then see if I can grab a bargain later on. Maybe Black Friday.

I still use it, though not as often in the summer months - you’ve just inspired me to do a treatment this weekend!
I’m an avid asos shopper 😬and I have my fave masks saved in my saved items on asos so when Asos have 20% I buy from them
I’m still fuming they’ve discontinued youth junkie it was my absolute fave by a mile.

Reactions: 1
Ok, I’m not sure this is technically skincare but I wasn’t sure where I could ask this - has anyone tried lashify, it touts it’s products as enabling you to become your own lash technician. I used lash serum but I don’t find them that successful and I’ve seen a few skincare people talk about this.

Definitely interested in the new one too. Of all the things I do for my face (tretinoin, vitamin C, sunscreen, LED, regular Botox, bit of filler) I think the NuFace makes the most difference.

I better start saving as I definitely am interested in getting the next generation Trinity!
Thanks for the link. Looks like some pros and cons for me.

Pros: A more intensive setting. Being waterproof - I like the option of being able to use it in the bath (I used to do that until I dropped it in the water and it stopped working).

Cons: Linking to an app via bluetooth. I found using the UFO2 with the app quite stressful as it kept cutting out. I hope that, like the UFO, there's an option to use it without the app. Also not sure I'd like the new humming feature. I'm happy with the silence.

Also a number of new features that don't interest me: colours, reminders, ability to track progress.

Reactions: 5
Agreed on the app thing @Aude , if it's a case that it *only* works with the app then I won't be bothering with it. The reminder thing is also of no interest, like you I'm pretty diligent with using my devices, it might be useful if it was a device that only needed to be used once in a while (e.g IPL) but not for a device that requires near daily usage

Reactions: 4
Yes - body not jawline. Anything in particular you'd like to know? Overall, I have mixed feelings about.

Yes - body not jawline. Anything in particular you'd like to know? Overall, I have mixed feelings about.
I keep thinking about it for thigh area mainly, maybe tummy. I don't need to lose any weight but I feel like despite exercising those areas could do with some extra shaping up! What gave you mixed feelings? I'm suspicious because the results when you look at before/after pictures online look far too good to be true.

If I were you I'd get the Tripollar pose instead. I have noticed a huge difference in my stomach area since I got it, didn't notice much with the cool sculpting. I'm slim but just wanted to tighten my stomach up and that has helped a lot. It's a bit of a snore to use like most devices but I like it

Reactions: 5
If I were you I'd get the Tripollar pose instead. I have noticed a huge difference in my stomach area since I got it, didn't notice much with the cool sculpting. I'm slim but just wanted to tighten my stomach up and that has helped a lot. It's a bit of a snore to use like most devices but I like it
Thanks - I'll take a look. I've been a bit lazy with devices over the summer but now the crappy weather is kicking in and its getting dark :rolleyes: I'm going to get back on it.

Very interested to know more about your experience of Tripollar.

@TheSilverFox I'll get back to you on my Coolsculpting experience.

The Tripollar pose is a RF device, I just use it on my stomach but it can be used on thighs, arms, etc. You just put the gel on and move in it small circular motions until it flashes orange and then you move over to the next area. I always start my devices off on the highest setting (have never used the NuFace on anything other than the highest) but with this I had to work my way to the highest setting and even now, 18 months later, it can still feel hot

Drawbacks of the device are that the connection is quite loose and so you need to use it very slowly and gingerly so the connection doesn't pop out. Also needs to be used in front of a mirror so you can see when the light flashes orange. It's also dull to use but aren't most of them!

It doesn't need to be used daily though, only about 3-4 times a week for the first 8 weeks and then once or twice for maintenance. Usually I'll do a light body brush beforehand to get circulation going and then I'll stick on some compression leggings and go for a run or do some aerobics and make sure to drink lots of water afterwards. If I'm not able to exercise that day I'll just jump in the shower afterwards so the area is warm for a bit

Is it a miracle worker? No, but I do feel my stomach area is tighter and smoother. I think I paid 700 for one Coolsculpting, I wish I had just gotten this instead as it's a fraction of the price and I've used it so much it has paid for itself at this point

• Heart
Reactions: 7
The Tripollar pose is a RF device, I just use it on my stomach but it can be used on thighs, arms, etc. You just put the gel on and move in it small circular motions until it flashes orange and then you move over to the next area. I always start my devices off on the highest setting (have never used the NuFace on anything other than the highest) but with this I had to work my way to the highest setting and even now, 18 months later, it can still feel hot

Drawbacks of the device are that the connection is quite loose and so you need to use it very slowly and gingerly so the connection doesn't pop out. Also needs to be used in front of a mirror so you can see when the light flashes orange. It's also dull to use but aren't most of them!

It doesn't need to be used daily though, only about 3-4 times a week for the first 8 weeks and then once or twice for maintenance. Usually I'll do a light body brush beforehand to get circulation going and then I'll stick on some compression leggings and go for a run or do some aerobics and make sure to drink lots of water afterwards. If I'm not able to exercise that day I'll just jump in the shower afterwards so the area is warm for a bit

Is it a miracle worker? No, but I do feel my stomach area is tighter and smoother. I think I paid 700 for one Coolsculpting, I wish I had just gotten this instead as it's a fraction of the price and I've used it so much it has paid for itself at this point
Thank you so much for this!!! I think I know what I am getting off my husband for Christmas!

In my long experience of cosmetic procedures/surgery the results are never as good as I imagine they're going to be. I've found that either the procedure does work well but there's an unforeseen downside or that it doesn't make as much difference as I'd hoped. Coolsculpting falls into the latter category.

I've always been slim, skinny even. In my mid/late 40s I suddenly put on a lot of weight around my middle that no amount of exercise or dieting would shift. When it got to the point where my face was looking gaunt but the fat around my middle wasn't shifting, I had liposuction. Coolsculpting wasn't around then. Liposuction fell into the first category - it worked, it took out a lot of fat from my lower abdomen, but there was a downside in that it left some unevenness to the contour of my abdomen. I later had a second liposuction procedure to the midriff area which didn't work as well as the first.

Then Coolsculpting came along and I thought it might get rid of the fat in the midriff area that still bothered me. The doctor I consulted was Tracy Mountford at the Cosmetic Skin Clinic (who I mentioned on the SH thread the other day). She assessed me as a suitable case for treatment but said something like 'I warn you, it's addictive'. How right she was! Having had it for the midriff I then had it for the back and flanks (love handles). And then went round again, redoing the same areas (by that stage it had been discovered that you really needed more than one session for each area). I'm not sure how many sessions I had - around 20.

It does seem to work a bit. And because it works, you think - or I thought - that just another session would get the result I wanted.

I think I was in the end happy with the result but I'm not sure that it's been permanent, even though it's supposed to be and even though my weight hasn't changed. I also think - not sure if this is true - that if you remove fat cells from one area, fat gets laid down in fat cells elsewhere. I wonder whether removing fat from my abdomen meant that my back got fatter. I wonder whether I ended up chasing the fat around my body!

In retrospect I think I might have been better having more liposuction than embarking on such a lengthy (and expensive) course of Coolsculpting - but I didn't know it was going to be so lengthy when I started. I think liposuction is a surer way of removing fat and I'm sure techniques have improved hugely over the past 15 or so years since I had it.

Coolsculpting techniques have improved a lot too since I first had it. They can now treat a bigger area in one go and what used to be a 60 minute cycle is now down to 30 minutes (maybe less - I haven't enquired recently).

I found the procedure itself fine and was always very well looked after by the practitioners at the Cosmetic Skin Clinic.

Reactions: 8
I've been looking for a hair device, sadly the Reduit Uni was not what I was looking for. This, however, looks brilliant. Seems to be US only though

Thanks to Tattle, a while ago I purchased a Nuface Line fix. I think it’s working well on a particular line on my upper lip but I’m hankering after something else.

I know that I don’t want a face mask machine, what I like about the Line Fix is that it’s minimum fuss and fully transportable- I don’t have the patience to lie/ sit still with some gadget over the whole of my face.

Do I want a Trinity or a Foreo bear? Or even the Nuface mini +? Also, what conductors- serums or gel - are we using with these gadgets? The gel primer seems to be permanently sold out these days.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.