Beyond Skincare #3 Cosmetic Devices and Procedures

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Its such a shame that it took a Paypal report for Paula’s Choice to investigate. It will certainly put me off ordering from them. Poor customer service.
Pleased you got your money back and enjoy your facial.
Yes, I wasn’t impressed. Their products are available via third party sites so if you are keen on their range but concerned re service then maybe that’s best bet. But that’s still ultimately funding them. Good cust service is so attractive.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Hi all, does anyone have any recent experience with CACI facials? I keep debating it but would really value your impartial opinions! Thank you!

Hi all, does anyone have any recent experience with CACI facials? I keep debating it but would really value your impartial opinions! Thank you!
A long time ago (around 25 years ago when I was in my early 40s) I used to have CACI regularly and really rated it. I felt it lifted my face a little. I only stopped because I started getting Botox and wasn't sure that the two went together.

As there are now at-home micro current devices - which weren't around 25 years ago - my preference now would be to buy one of those, such as the NuFace, rather than have regular CACI facials. But I'm someone who doesn't particularly enjoy salon treatments and am good at keeping up an at-home routine.

A long time ago (around 25 years ago when I was in my early 40s) I used to have CACI regularly and really rated it. I felt it lifted my face a little. I only stopped because I started getting Botox and wasn't sure that the two went together.

As there are now at-home micro current devices - which weren't around 25 years ago - my preference now would be to buy one of those, such as the NuFace, rather than have regular CACI facials. But I'm someone who doesn't particularly enjoy salon treatments and am good at keeping up an at-home routine.
Thank you so much for your response. I'm in my early 40s now so thought it might be the right time for CACI. I've also pondered the at-home devices but wondered about getting a course of professional treatments first to see how my skin responded. I'm terribly tempted!!!

Reactions: 2
A course of CACI treatments- 6 is the recommended amount I think- will cost more than an at home microcurrent device

And I'm sure even after 6, you would still need to keep getting them to maintain the results. IMO, at at home device will pay for itself more

Yes I agree, in the long term it's definitely more cost effective. But then the lure of someone else rubbing my face... hahaha!

Reactions: 1
Yes I agree, in the long term it's definitely more cost effective. But then the lure of someone else rubbing my face... hahaha!
If you do go for CACI, try to have a trial treatment before signing up for a course to make sure it's a pleasant experience.

Having stopped having CACI a long time ago, I tried it again a couple of years ago (just to see if it complemented my at-home micro-current routine and it didn't really). I found it a bit uncomfortable this time - I could feel the micro-current more than I remembered.

Ooh. I definitely don’t need any more products in that vein right now, but I’d anybody else tempted? I can see myself considering it for whenever my Trinity dies.

Update on the Philips Lumea -

I've done three sessions now and am due my fourth within the next few days. To recap I am pale with a variety of dark and mousy brown body hair.

Pros
  • Regrowth time overall has slowed a lot. It used to grow to visible stubble (not just grain-of-sand size) back in two days and now it's been two weeks and only got to that point within the last day since I did it nearly two weeks ago
  • Snail trail hair is pretty much gone other than three hairs - this was the best result. It was dark so makes sense. I am happy with this as shaving never ever sorted this. I'd always be able to see little dark spots
  • Leg hair has decreased, but not by much. Weirdly, it's been more effective on the lighter, almost blonde hair on my thighs than the darker, mousy hair on my calves
  • Bikini line decreased, but not by much
  • Armpit hair decreased a bit (dark)
  • The result of shaving is overall now pretty good compared to before when it was a waste of time - it's quicker and more painless than epilating, too, which is what I normally do
  • My skin hasn't reacted badly to it at all and it is literally painless. The 'rubber band snapping' feeling is not painful at all and you only feel it occasionally, maybe once or twice per session
  • It's pretty quick - shaving & IPL combined is less time than epilating and again, pain-free
  • Generally, the fleshier and flatter the area, the better the result seems to be
Cons
  • I don't think the next session will totally get the remaining hair. I think at least another two are necessary before I get to the maintenance stage
  • Hormonal hair (idk how to describe it) seems to be tougher ie around my armpits and bikini line than other dark hair
  • Not surprised that it's been less effective with the leg hair so far given it's mousy-coloured
  • I know it says you can epilate/wax beforehand but I'm not sure I believe that and shaving sucks when you have long legs, even though my results are better now
  • In my last session, it kept overheating which significantly prolonged the session
  • I have to do it vertically on my shins because it doesn't detect my leg otherwise
  • I am not practised at shaving and my God it's hard to make sure you're totally hair free in the relevant areas! If you are a seasoned shaver this probably won't bother you
  • On narrower and less flat areas like my shins, creases (bikini line fold), armpits, it's less effective - probably because it's harder to get it flush with the skin
I started to notice a small difference after the second session. I do think it's working it's just semi slow going. The time passes anyway though so I'm very happy to persevere. Will update once I get a significant result or after another two-three sessions - whichever comes first

Reactions: 9

I've done three sessions now and am due my fourth within the next few days. To recap I am pale with a variety of dark and mousy brown body hair.

Pros
  • Regrowth time overall has slowed a lot. It used to grow to visible stubble (not just grain-of-sand size) back in two days and now it's been two weeks and only got to that point within the last day since I did it nearly two weeks ago
  • Snail trail hair is pretty much gone other than three hairs - this was the best result. It was dark so makes sense. I am happy with this as shaving never ever sorted this. I'd always be able to see little dark spots
  • Leg hair has decreased, but not by much. Weirdly, it's been more effective on the lighter, almost blonde hair on my thighs than the darker, mousy hair on my calves
  • The result of shaving is overall now pretty good compared to before when it was a waste of time - it's quicker and more painless than epilating, too, which is what I normally do
  • My skin hasn't reacted badly to it at all and it is literally painless. The 'rubber band snapping' feeling is not painful at all and you only feel it occasionally, maybe once or twice per session
  • It's pretty quick - shaving & IPL combined is less time than epilating and again, pain-free
  • Generally, the fleshier and flatter the area, the better the result seems to be
Cons
  • I don't think the next session will totally get the remaining hair. I think at least another two are necessary before I get to the maintenance stage
  • Hormonal hair (idk how to describe it) seems to be tougher ie around my armpits and bikini line than other dark hair
  • Not surprised that it's been less effective with the leg hair so far given it's mousy-coloured
  • I know it says you can epilate/wax beforehand but I'm not sure I believe that and shaving sucks when you have long legs, even though my results are better now
  • In my last session, it kept overheating which significantly prolonged the session
  • I have to do it vertically on my shins because it doesn't detect my leg otherwise
  • I am not practised at shaving and my God it's hard to make sure you're totally hair free in the relevant areas! If you are a seasoned shaver this probably won't bother you
  • On narrower and less flat areas like my shins, creases (bikini line fold), armpits, it's less effective - probably because it's harder to get it flush with the skin
I started to notice a small difference after the second session. I do think it's working it's just semi slow going. The time passes anyway though so I'm very happy to persevere. Will update once I get a significant result or after another two-three sessions - whichever comes first
Amazing update thanks so much.

• Heart

Pros
Cons
Super helpful review! I got a laser hair removal devices during covid and then didn't use it. Really should give it a proper go though. Thank you for the thorough review of your experience. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I’m new on this thread so I’m probably not much help, but I’m sure if you ask on here someone will be able to help. 🙂
Thanks. I just need something for eye bags puffy eyes. If anyone has a secret they can share I'd really appreciate it 😭

Thanks. I just need something for eye bags puffy eyes. If anyone has a secret they can share I'd really appreciate it 😭
Someone on the last thread (I'm sorry, I can't remember who) recommended these to me last summer https://www.templespa.com/eye-therapist-eye-massagers when I asked the same and they are fab for puffy mornings. I keep mine in the freezer and use them to massage eye cream in. I really love them, so cheap and simple but so effective.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.