Best health advice that you have ever been given?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Honestly I’d say to look at your diet to identify any issues that lead to you craving sugar - make sure you’re eating enough, regularly & a good variety of food. Take a multivitamin & maybe some iron if you’re always feeling tired, if it continues you might want to consider getting a blood test (after lockdown of course!). Figuring out why you’re dependent on sugar will help you move forward. Explore some more natural options for when you’re absolutely dying for a sugar hit - check out health food sections & shops for more natural options. I rate Nakd bars, they’re mostly prunes ( :sick: ) but are genuinely amazing - the blueberry muffin one tastes just like the real deal. More expensive fruit could also be a sweet treat. Something a youtuber said has also stuck with me; she focuses on natural whole foods but allows herself to eat anything she wants providing she makes it from scratch. Theoretically she could make a Mars bar, but she finds she doesn’t want it enough to bother. In a similar vein, you could try baking with natural sugars like stevia etc? So you have the first hurdle of putting the effort in, and if you do at least it’ll be relatively healthy. Finally if you just really need an energy boost, a cup of coffee should do the trick and actually has health benefits, just obviously be mindful of anything you’re adding to it

Sorry that’s a bit long, hope it helps x
No that’s great thank you so much!!! I’m going to sit down now and try and plan for a week before going to aldi for the food shop when it’s quieter! Great idea about the vitamins!! I have a nut allergy so can’t eat the Nakd bars but I’ll look for replacements! Thank you so much xx

Reactions: 1
Check your boobs ladies. Regularly.
Always go for your cervical screen.
Trust your gut, it’s rarely wrong.
Don’t drink - you always regret it & you’re a witch the next morning :ROFLMAO:
Move every day.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I lost quite a lot of weight by shifting my mentality from “what I can’t eat” to “what I can eat”.
By allowing myself to eat everything I stopped the vicious circle of restrictions

• Heart
Reactions: 9
The best health advice I was given was don't take back an abuser.
Aside from him physically hurting me. He was mentally, emotionally draining me.
I couldn't see the physical impact the abuse was having on me. My hair was thinning, my eyes were sunken my skin was pale.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Regarding sugar, once you largely cut it out of your diet you do stop craving it. It takes a while but the craving does pretty much go. So much of the food I used to enjoy just tastes like pure sugar now and makes me shudder. People say they crave chocolate but what they are really craving is the sugar and fat in most chocolate bars. If I want chocolate I have some 80-100% pure stuff and I only need a square and I’m satisfied. I used to be capable of eating an entire block of Dairy Milk without stopping and still want more!

Stop drinking. I’m 18 months sober and I love it!
Best thing I’ve ever done 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 7
The best health advice I was given was don't take back an abuser.
Aside from him physically hurting me. He was mentally, emotionally draining me.
I couldn't see the physical impact the abuse was having on me. My hair was thinning, my eyes were sunken my skin was pale.
Couldn’t agree more especially the hair comment 🥰🥰

Approx 94% of your body's energy is used up by processing food. While its engaged in that task it isn't doing all the other necessary maintenance.

Look after your feet. I have no idea why, but that's what my much-loved Grandpa always used to say.

If you don’t feel right GO to your doctor

I put if off for weeks then 2 weeks ago suddenly couldn’t breathe or move. After collapsing at a&e it turns out I have blood clots on my chest, lungs and 1 leg. So yeah, please go even if you can’t put your finger on how you’re feeling x

• Wow
Reactions: 2
If you don’t feel right GO to your doctor

I put if off for weeks then 2 weeks ago suddenly couldn’t breathe or move. After collapsing at a&e it turns out I have blood clots on my chest, lungs and 1 leg. So yeah, please go even if you can’t put your finger on how you’re feeling x
Oh god I hope you’re okay now! Something hasn’t felt right in terms of my health for a year and I’ve gone to the doctors three times now and haven’t been taken seriously on each occasion, just turned away 🙁. I don’t know what to do. I called last month as it was bad and got told they can’t see me due to Covid so there’s not much they can advise, it’s so worrying when you feel like you don’t have anyone to talk to! X

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Oh god I hope you’re okay now! Something hasn’t felt right in terms of my health for a year and I’ve gone to the doctors three times now and haven’t been taken seriously on each occasion, just turned away 🙁. I don’t know what to do. I called last month as it was bad and got told they can’t see me due to Covid so there’s not much they can advise, it’s so worrying when you feel like you don’t have anyone to talk to! X
I’m okay thanks, on blood thinners for 6 months.. Push for it! I was naive and thought they would think I was mad but they could have done my blood pressure and oxygen and realised I basically had none in my blood and bear my chest was bad... Push for a blood test, they’re open as I have a haematology appt in a couple of weeks.

ps. Mine was caused by contraceptive pill and can’t ever be on it again

I’m okay thanks, on blood thinners for 6 months.. Push for it! I was naive and thought they would think I was mad but they could have done my blood pressure and oxygen and realised I basically had none in my blood and bear my chest was bad... Push for a blood test, they’re open as I have a haematology appt in a couple of weeks.
Thank you. I’ll phone again on Monday, fingers crossed 🤞🏼