Ben Foden & Una Healy

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks for replying.... personally I’d never do that, I’d still allow him to visit but whilst they are so young I don’t know that it’s fair on them, so much upheaval. He was the one who chose to leave after all, he should of course still see his kids but I feel it’s him who should visit
I completely get what you mean but sometimes when you know it’s the only way they’ll see him you let it happen.

Also makes you look better when they look back on it (even though I know it’s not a point scoring contest but kids do remember that kind of thing and you want to be on the right side of history)

Reactions: 8
I completely get what you mean but sometimes when you know it’s the only way they’ll see him you let it happen.

Also makes you look better when they look back on it (even though I know it’s not a point scoring contest but kids do remember that kind of thing and you want to be on the right side of history)
She’s essentially solo parenting except they holiday with Ben.

She’s been fairly open about her feelings. She described coming back to Ireland 13 years after she left. Yes she has two lovely kids & she’s going home to her parents, family & friends but it must be such a punch in the gut. To marry, have children & build a life with someone in the UK & then have it end so brutally & then have your co parent acquire a new wife & child in the US. He seems incapable of thinking of anyone but himself. By deciding to marry & settle in the US he’s ruled out being in his kids’ day to day lives.

I have two very small kids, it’s such hard work & such a team effort. I honestly would struggle in her shoes.

Reactions: 22

I don’t know, my ex husband left me and our son....for someone else but it didn’t work out....he’s now with someone new and they have a child together....I have always been the bigger person and encouraged my ex to have regular contact with our son rather than fitting him around his social life...but ultimately you can’t make someone be a better parent. It’s one thing to instigate contact when you’re in the same town, it’s another thing entirely when in different countries. I do appreciate what you’re saying tho, I’m not having a pop at you, I just think he’s awful!

Reactions: 13
I don’t know, my ex husband left me and our son....for someone else but it didn’t work out....he’s now with someone new and they have a child together....I have always been the bigger person and encouraged my ex to have regular contact with our son rather than fitting him around his social life...but ultimately you can’t make someone be a better parent. It’s one thing to instigate contact when you’re in the same town, it’s another thing entirely when in different countries. I do appreciate what you’re saying tho, I’m not having a pop at you, I just think he’s awful!
Im sorry to hear about your ex. It sounds like you have dealt with it very well.

It seems to me Una has the worst of both worlds, her kids are either with her 24/7 or across the ocean from her in a place foreign to her. She has to be the day to day parent & Ben gets to be fun dad with his fancy trips. About as far from the ideal co parenting situation as I can imagine plus it seems his new wife has had a few pops about Una on Instagram.

Agree he’s awful.

Reactions: 17
I don't think they will stay in the USA tbh. There was talk of them moving to the UK this year as he was going to retire but with covid cutting the season short like a lot of players in their last year, it has rolled over for one more season.

Time will tell I guess.

Reactions: 2
Im sorry to hear about your ex. It sounds like you have dealt with it very well.

It seems to me Una has the worst of both worlds, her kids are either with her 24/7 or across the ocean from her in a place foreign to her. She has to be the day to day parent & Ben gets to be fun dad with his fancy trips. About as far from the ideal co parenting situation as I can imagine plus it seems his new wife has had a few pops about Una on Instagram.

Agree he’s awful.

Thank you, that’s kind! It’s hard at times but if you always put your child first then you can manage it and it’s worth it

Reactions: 7
I don't think they will stay in the USA tbh. There was talk of them moving to the UK this year as he was going to retire but with covid cutting the season short like a lot of players in their last year, it has rolled over for one more season.

Time will tell I guess.

Thank you, that’s kind! It’s hard at times but if you always put your child first then you can manage it and it’s worth it
Your son will look back when he’s an adult & realize what you did for him.

Time will tell I guess.
If he’s going to move back to be near his kids he’s not as bad as I thought. However, tbh the way he’s treated Una & handled the whole sorry episode he’s past the point of no return in my eyes. Yes relationships end but he didn’t have to cheat on her, join a dating app the second they split (or let’s face it probably before that!), have a pop at how uptight she was on that app, then marry someone he claims to have known for 2 weeks, & immediately have a baby with her. He’s made a joke of the life he built with Una.

I know she had a relationship but she seems to be saying now it was too soon. It seemed to me at the time as if she was trying very hard to prove she’d moved on.

I’m not sure sure about her chances of meeting an eligible bachelor in rural Ireland but you never know!

Last edited:
Reactions: 17
I know she had a relationship but she seems to be saying now it was too soon. It seemed to me at the time as if she was trying very hard to prove she’d moved on

It was also from the same world of rugby. Both the guy she was seeing and Una are lovely people. Classic case of wrong place and time, I think.

I am so annoyed at this family. Borham's are idiots. I am a practising catholic and the way they have no respect for churches or religion annoys me. Would they do the same at sihk temples and muslim temples.... no!

• Haha
My ex has 5 kids (none of them mine) by 3 different fathers, and 2 of said fathers have no contact with their children. Sad really, when some people yearn to have kids and can't have any.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Apparently Una and Sam Claflin have been swopping "flirty messages" and are hoping to meet up for a date.I hope they do,she deserves it after the way that prick Foden treated her.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Apparently Una and Sam Claflin have been swopping "flirty messages" and are hoping to meet up for a date.I hope they do,she deserves it after the way that prick Foden treated her.
Is she not back in Ireland? If so it would be hard to hook up with someone based in another country, with quarantine and everything.

Remember reading how Ben introduces hie new wife as ‘mummy’ to the kids first time he met them. Christ.
Una seems level headed and lovely but must be asking herself what she ever saw in him.
really really wish for karma to kick him in the hole and for her star to soar.

Reactions: 24
i hope this to be true as it would be a major upgrade for her.

I used to find Ben really good looking but he is so ugly to me now after everything.

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.