Below Deck ⚓️

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She said she was a deck/stew and it transpired her stew experience basically amounted to handing out trays of drinks on small party boats, with no stew experience on large chartered yachts/boats even as a third stew.

Plus she was so thirsty to be on camera! Everything was quite calculated. For someone who claimed to be really smart, every time someone asked her about her background she deliberately pretended she didn’t understand the difference in skillsets for working on a party boat vs. a super yacht.

What did she lie about?

Reactions: 3
She said she was a deck/stew and it transpired her stew experience basically amounted to handing out trays of drinks on small party boats, with no stew experience on large chartered yachts/boats even as a third stew.

Plus she was so thirsty to be on camera! Everything was quite calculated. For someone who claimed to be really smart, every time someone asked her about her background she deliberately pretended she didn’t understand the difference in skillsets for working on a party boat vs. a super yacht.
I think they are just bad at hiring people/checking references a lot of the time, remember there was another stew who worked with hannah who had lied about everything on her CV and didn't know what silver service was? and the awful homophobic russian "chef" to name just 2

Reactions: 2
I think they are just bad at hiring people/checking references a lot of the time, remember there was another stew who worked with hannah who had lied about everything on her CV and didn't know what silver service was? and the awful homophobic russian "chef" to name just 2
Sometimes I think they're so desperate for staff that they just take anyone that's available. I always thought that was constructed by the production crew - would a 5 star service be really hiring people literally the day before charters begin? But then it does seem to be a hectic industry especially for those at the bottom/entry level.

Reactions: 4
Sometimes I think they're so desperate for staff that they just take anyone that's available. I always thought that was constructed by the production crew - would a 5 star service be really hiring people literally the day before charters begin? But then it does seem to be a hectic industry especially for those at the bottom/entry level.
true, honestly the company comes across as very unprofessional, I know people who have worked in that industry and it didn't seem to be so chaotic but who knows, once TV crews are involved it is in their interest to make drama i guess

Katie and Matt was on Andy Cohen's watch what happens live, Katie said she didn't keep Delaney as she lied on her CV and didn't like it and she didn't get a genuine vibe from Delaney
Ahh I don't watch WWHL so I get my info about what happens there on here + the subreddit

Reactions: 1
I do also think they hire these types of people for entertainment purposes, it would be boring TV hiring crew who are all amazing at their jobs

I really can’t stand Katie, she is so pathetic, can’t get to a point and be direct . She’s an incredibly poor manager , the way she handled the Lexi situation was really bad , Lexi should have been fired immediately! … Delaney may have been over exaggerating the truth on her cv , but it certainly looked like she was incredibly capable and quickly picked up what she needed to do . Malia was clearly p off with Katie as deck crew were having to pick up the slack .
Several of the crew in other series have been hopeless from start to finish and been kept on as they basically needed them .
not a Delaney fan either, but seriously don’t most of them want the ‘fame ‘ they are on below deck after all , which hardly calls for anonymity.

Reactions: 5
I really can’t stand Katie, she is so pathetic, can’t get to a point and be direct . She’s an incredibly poor manager , the way she handled the Lexi situation was really bad , Lexi should have been fired immediately! … Delaney may have been over exaggerating the truth on her cv , but it certainly looked like she was incredibly capable and quickly picked up what she needed to do . Malia was clearly p off with Katie as deck crew were having to pick up the slack .
Several of the crew in other series have been hopeless from start to finish and been kept on as they basically needed them .
not a Delaney fan either, but seriously don’t most of them want the ‘fame ‘ they are on below deck after all , which hardly calls for anonymity.
Interior seems to be mostly cleaning and waitressing. How hard is it to pick up? Not saying that cleaners and waitresses don’t work hard, they absolutely do and I’m sure it is knackering on a superyacht where everything has to be sparkling 24/7 and guests want All The Things Yesterday. That said, once the interior crew have learned the routines, it should be pretty straightforward to pick up, it just a speed/efficiency thing. Deck involves a lot of cleaning/squeegeeing but also a lot of boat specific technical stuff like anchors, lines and the water toys, so probably needs more in the way of training.
I agree Katie is a total wet blanket.

Mzi’s alcohol related falls make me worry for his safety, tbh.

Only seen one series of BDM (s 5), but Sandy is a crappy leader isn’t she? The whole hoo ha with Tom the chef and his frozen halibut, she just didn’t know how to deal with someone standing up to her like that
That said Tom was a massive diva but I think his presence highlighted how unprofessional some of the others are
Malia always kissing Sandys arse too

In the earlier seasons I thought she was actually a great leader. She didn't micro-manage, she looked for learning opportunities for her crew. She seemed strict but understanding, caring, and wanting to ensure people left her crew with more on their cv's then they came in with....

by season 4 though she really started to change. The latest series won't do anything to make you think Sandy is a better person now. She's insufferable! But then there are a few awful people on this latest series.
Only seen one series of BDM (s 5), but Sandy is a crappy leader isn’t she?

Reactions: 7
Interior seems to be mostly cleaning and waitressing. How hard is it to pick up? Not saying that cleaners and waitresses don’t work hard, they absolutely do and I’m sure it is knackering on a superyacht where everything has to be sparkling 24/7 and guests want All The Things Yesterday. That said, once the interior crew have learned the routines, it should be pretty straightforward to pick up, it just a speed/efficiency thing. Deck involves a lot of cleaning/squeegeeing but also a lot of boat specific technical stuff like anchors, lines and the water toys, so probably needs more in the way of training.
I agree Katie is a total wet blanket.

Mzi’s alcohol related falls make me worry for his safety, tbh.
I think that often abotu when they are going back to the boat, so easy to fall into the water.

@lolarose1935 I agree they hire crap people for entertainment but I wouldn't be pleased if I was a guest paying to be served some of the food they have got!

but I wouldn't be pleased if I was a guest paying to be served some of the food they have got!
I think these guests genuinely don't care. They're getting a huge discount for a lovely holiday, but more importantly, they're there to be on the show, get their 15 mins of fame, and often promote their businesses (we've seen Forex traders, musicians, real estate agents, motivational speakers, etc. all there to promote their services). So, if food or service is lackluster, it won't really bother the guests, imo.

Reactions: 5
So sandy has only been invited twice this season to have dinner with the guests, captain Lee was invited to most of his charters, perhaps the guests don't like sandy that much either :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 7
Probs worried she’ll hag them off to the next guests like she did this episode
Yeah I noticed that, very unprofessional of her!
Also I don't like the way she hovers over the guests at meal times, she's itching for them to say the food is bad so she can have ago at Matt!!

Reactions: 6
Yeah I noticed that, very unprofessional of her!
Also I don't like the way she hovers over the guests at meal times, she's itching for them to say the food is bad so she can have ago at Matt!!
I would hateeee that! Nothing worse than someone hanging around when you’re trying to eat, go away lol

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.