Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Samf2020

Chatty Member
I was given 6 months of Birchbox as a gift. Its complete crap. 3 bags in 5 months and all the stuff is tiny little sample sizes.
Its really not worth the money.

Reactions: 3

TheWitchIsBack

VIP Member
I’ve had Birchbox, Look Fantastic and Glossybox. I’d say Birchbox was better but I’ve cancelled all subscriptions as I had ended up with a drawer full of stuff I never used. I do love trying new items though and I’ve found some amazing bits of makeup and skincare through these boxes which I still use now.

I use Latest In Beauty a lot as they do “edits” where certain brands put together a box or they’ll do themed ones and these are most definitely the best value for money. I remember when Anastasia Beverley Hills was getting big over here they dropped a box for £25 and the ABH contents in the box alone were worth £70+ plus there was another £100 worth of stuff. Lots of full size items rather than samples too which I always prefer.

You can do a monthly subscription with Latest In Beauty too and you can choose your own items from a selection which is better than getting stuff you wouldn’t use. Would definitely recommend them the most.

I have also seen Cohorted boxes too, which is higher end products but they rarely preview and they sell out quickly so it’s difficult to judge if it’d be worth the cost to you.

Reactions: 1
We used to get glossybox too, it was a nice treat at first but then some of the products were repeated and I found myself not really using most of them. I’ve seen a few people getting birchboxes which look really nice

Lac1985

I’ve had a few Mintd boxes - it’s expensive (£75/month I think) but the products are amazing. It’s mainly skin care with the odd body product, but no make up. You get some full size items too.
I’ve had amazing products from brands like Sunday Riley, Rodial and Oskia. Because you get the odd full size item I’ve had to stop my subscription to get through all the products but I’ll definitely sign up again when I’ve worked my way through what I’ve got.

Jaxteller

I have had the look fantastic one for around 5 years now, I do like it but I must admit I’m getting a lot of the same stuff, but I also have there Christmas advent calendar which is probably why so this year I’m not going to bother which is a shame cos it is really good. You will always get stuff that your not so bothered about. I’ve had a few advent skincare stuff which is priced at around £100 and there full sizes too so you do gets your money’s worth. It’s a great way to try new things.

Web30

VIP Member
I recently cancelled glossybox after 2 years. I have way to many things I need to use up it just didn't make sense to keep adding to it.

Gembo

VIP Member
Has anyone tired Beautypie or pie beauty whatever it is haha
I cancelled my Birchbox and started getting Beauty Pie last year once I had been able to wrap my head around how it works. I lie that you get to choose your own products, I’m still at the stage of trying lots of new things. I love the packaging, can’t say I’ve seen any amazing results with my skin but my skin is terrible. I do like the healthy skin body moisturiser and always make sure I have some of that. The new body scrub is very nice too. Not sure how long I’ll keep my membership but if you can afford to give it a go id day it’s worth a try

Globe

I got one glossybox and didn't like it. Had a few from birchbox but cancelled that as well. I need to try something else.

Apologies if there is already a thread on this!
Does anyone subscribe to a beauty box? I’ve had Glossybox for 2 years now, my friend subscribed in February and her box always is worth £20+ more than mine each other month! We pay the same, 3 items match and then the 2, making up 5 items. Her two items are always so much nicer than mine and worth more!

LaurieLaurie

VIP Member
I used to get Glossy Box when Youtubers raved about it in 2010. I subscribed to one around Christmas time and a box never arrived, I only remembered months later when they sent a refund.

prinnygrace

VIP Member
I got birchboxes for a while. Some were nice, others not so. The products in there are absolutely tiny too. The odd gem made it worth while for 6 months or so but then I did cancel it

Yay! I have been wanting a beauty box thread! I am obsessed. Glossybox had so many variations this month, the boxes the actual subscribers got didn’t match the PR boxes. With glossybox I tend to wait and see what is in the box before getting it each month, my box this month did not match the previews I seen! It was an okay box and I was glad to not get the multi coloured £2 eyeliner that I noticed a lot of people got. The June box sold out really quickly and before I could see any previews, so I will be giving it a miss for June as don’t have much faith in the mystery box option they are now offering.

I used to get glossybox but then found that I was getting the shit stuff after a while, almost like they had my money so didn’t bother giving me decent stuff anymore

Has anyone tired Beautypie or pie beauty whatever it is haha
Me! I’ve been a subscriber for a good while. I love it, products are really good quality and good for the price.