Beauty Spectrum #3 lockdown moaning, missing Australia, ladies watch out for daddy’s promiscuous behaviour.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Did anyone else feel a bit crappy after watching Eve's day in the life of Molly... I will say we only see a snippet of their lives, but at the same time, it makes me feel bad to hear them talking about how hard she works.

I don't doubt she works hard relative to her job, but perhaps her idea of working hard isn't really the same as actually working hard. I'm a uni graduate, currently applying for a master's degree, on furlough as I work in a non essential shop. Yesterday I wrote and edited a blog post, spent ages searching for jobs to apply for in case I don't get accepted onto my master's, replied to a few emails, did a bit of the online course I'm doing to pass the time, and researched more into the areas I want to further my study in. I wouldn't call this particularly hard work at all, but it still seems more than Molly does? Again, I'm really not trying to be rude here, we *do* only see a snippet of their lives. But it makes me feel awful. I don't earn over £30k. My mum, a key worker, working with the public in a pandemic on a full time contract, doesn't earn over £30k!!! And she certainly works hard.

I appreciate this is an industry wide issue, all influencers earn (IMO) too much. But it really is a kick in the teeth when someone gets paid so much while I'm struggling on 80% of my normal (minimum) wage, stressed to no end over the job market and my further studies. Really makes me feel like I chose the wrong area, I'd love to watch Harry Potter films all day and get paid for it! I think that YouTube came along at exactly the right time for these girls and they've become pretty set up from it. I don't think she quite realises how incredibly lucky she is in this respect.

Maybe irrelevant but I love Lydia from their group. She's down to earth, genuinely works hard but doesn't go on about it, and still provides quality videos. Maybe others could take a leaf out of her book (and no, I don't mean just going to uni). Molly if you're lurking, I'm not having a go, I don't disrespect you and I'm not 'hating', I just want to vent, if anything, over how crappy the situ makes me feel.
I see what you mean, I don’t earn that much either. But I also wouldn’t swop lives with her for the money.

I couldn’t stand to do a job that revolves around staring at myself for hours on end. And having to come up with “content” every day, being obsessed with likes and subscribers, seeing people gain more popularity cos of their personality, not how good their videos are etc etc.

Not to mention all the mental health issues that could come with you being your job.

I’m not feeling sorry for influencers or anything but I do think there are a lot of negatives to being an influencer. I can’t imagine half of them would keep doing it if it wasn’t for the money.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I see what you mean, I don’t earn that much either. But I also wouldn’t swop lives with her for the money.

I couldn’t stand to do a job that revolves around staring at myself for hours on end. And having to come up with “content” every day, being obsessed with likes and subscribers, seeing people gain more popularity cos of their personality, not how good their videos are etc etc.

Not to mention all the mental health issues that could come with you being your job.

I’m not feeling sorry for influencers or anything but I do think there are a lot of negatives to being an influencer. I can’t imagine half of them would keep doing it if it wasn’t for the money.
Couldnt have said that better myself. Late teens and Early 20s are the years meant for learning about yourself and i truly believe that a huge part of that is working different jobs and with different people. Doing that is meant to take years of learning, making mistakes and being a sever or being told what to do by other people, doing a course/degree or apprenticeship, or travelling (which btw molly means WORKING and living in different countries, not just holidaying) EVERYONE has to start at the bottom to get to the top, thats how you earn respect, basic life skills and develop personality. If everyone started at the top then you miss out on learning basic decencies and emotional maturity which is so important to have in life. Molly thinks she knows everything, a typical teen who made it being a ‘youtuber’ but really has no prospects or proper life experiences similar to people her age (like mia fizz). its a shame because she thinks she has it all but its a sad life in reality

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Yeah I think it's just that Lydia seems to have a personality-she reads, she's on her uni societies, she's into exercise and sustainable fashion. She's like a less annoying Eve. All of this makes her more interesting than Molly, who I still don't really understand what she does all day even after watching Eve's video.

Reactions: 7
Yeah I think it's just that Lydia seems to have a personality-she reads, she's on her uni societies, she's into exercise and sustainable fashion. She's like a less annoying Eve. All of this makes her more interesting than Molly, who I still don't really understand what she does all day even after watching Eve's video.
I dont think I’ve ever watched Lydia but Ill have a look at her channel. Totally get what you mean though, I like the people who have other stuff going on because they have something different to say and are able to see outside the bubble. My fav example of that is simplynailogical

Reactions: 1
Her new video was pointless

She made her dad order from Zara and the outfits were fine but with her stagnant channel she just has to have a weird title ' I don't know why I let this happen' because you are desperate for views.

Her dad was making slightly inappropriate comments about the models and she is very stupid because she put her address and phone number on the screen just because she wanted quirky edits

But when she gets the parcel it's so great that Zara deliver in a cardboard box wow she's so sustainable who cares about fast fashion

The clothes were fine and suited her but omg that Victoria secret bralette. She wears it in every video and ruins outfits

When her dad makes weird comments about staring at the model you just know that it isn't the first time.

Sorry for the rant but she could have made a different video idea instead of ordering clothes for the sake of it.

Reactions: 12
Creepy Carl (Karl?) was being particularly creepy in today’s vid
Molly has definitely read about us calling him creepy, her face when he said he was probably drawn to the sequin dress because the model had a large chest lmao

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Her new video was pointless

She made her dad order from Zara and the outfits were fine but with her stagnant channel she just has to have a weird title ' I don't know why I let this happen' because you are desperate for views.

Her dad was making slightly inappropriate comments about the models and she is very stupid because she put her address and phone number on the screen just because she wanted quirky edits

But when she gets the parcel it's so great that Zara deliver in a cardboard box wow she's so sustainable who cares about fast fashion

The clothes were fine and suited her but omg that Victoria secret bralette. She wears it in every video and ruins outfits

When her dad makes weird comments about staring at the model you just know that it isn't the first time.

Sorry for the rant but she could have made a different video idea instead of ordering clothes for the sake of it.
Can we prank call her and tell her she’s won flights to Australia I beg

• Haha
Reactions: 7
C4C71CE3-9A6F-41E3-8849-5F03F3925597.png
How bloody desperate 🙄 it’s not Instagram deleting your followers it’s probably all the fake accounts getting removed

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Does it annoy anyone else how she always describes things as 'inoffensive'? Like she'll be describing something as being nice but instead she'll say 'it's inoffensive'???

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.