Beauty gurus we ❤️

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Starting a thread for authentic and genuinely helpful gurus covering all things beauty related.

So far we have

Harrymakesitup
Michelle Wang
Katie Jane Hughes
Lisa Eldridge
Gothamista

Please add yours, why you like them and any specific tutorials you have found particularly helpful ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Caroline Barnes - experienced makeup artist, lots of helpful tips, but nothing complicated or unattainable, great approach to makeup in general - playful, but wearable.

Reactions: 4
Caroline Barnes - experienced makeup artist, lots of helpful tips, but nothing complicated or unattainable, great approach to makeup in general - playful, but wearable.
Yes - I learnt so much from her recent tutorial on the sparkly green eye look. Would not have thought I could make this work but her technique of layering grey underneath the green made it gorgeous and soft.

I like how Caroline is matter-of-fact about adapting makeup techniques as you get older. She has simple, genuinely helpful tips for creating flattering looks.

Reactions: 2
Hand down - Wayne Goss. I absolutely love him. He is so genuine and authentic. He’s one of the few beauty/makeup gurus who I trust and respect.

I like the Beauty Within YouTube channel. Informative, never dull, really good at breaking down why certain products/ingredients work. Also when they find dupes for high end famous products they take the texture/feel of the product into consideration, not just the active ingredients.

Reactions: 1
Are there any good beauty blogs as I prefer to read the content than watch YouTube or a vlog?

Are there any good beauty blogs as I prefer to read the content than watch YouTube or a vlog?
British Beauty Blogger is excellent.

And there is a treasure trove of information on the skincare and makeup threads on Reddit if that’s more your thing.

Wayne Goss
RawBeautyKristi
Caroline Barnes
Lisa Eldridge
Sharon Farrell - she doesn't post often now, but she was excellent for showing good products, explaining things really well, and being nice to watch in general

I really like Thuy Le (xthuyle). She’s not solely makeup though, but that is how she started out and I believe she used to be a professional makeup artist. I just like her honesty mainly, she seems quite genuine in giving tips not just in makeup but to aspiring you tubers/influencers. She also appears to be pretty hardworking (for an influencer) and is honest about money from what I can see - for a start, she admits she wants to earn money! Some influencers/you tubers seem to want to try and push the narrative that money doesn’t even exist and they do it all out of love ‘for you guyyyyyzzz’