BBC lockdown education stuff

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has anyone watched any of this?

I watched Hannah Fry’s show on Monday and loved it. I’m not mathsy but it really made me think and was so interesting. want to download the rest of hers (I think she’s great anyway).

But the other bits I’ve caught on bbc2 (so for the older kids) have been awful I thought. So condescending and false. I can’t imagine any teenager either watching or getting anything from it. I get that they are trying to help but learning doesn’t have to be so... I don’t know the word I’m looking for but unnatural and like Playschool back in the day.

Have you watched any? Is the younger kids stuff any better?

Reactions: 1
Has anyone watched any of this?

I watched Hannah Fry’s show on Monday and loved it. I’m not mathsy but it really made me think and was so interesting. want to download the rest of hers (I think she’s great anyway).

But the other bits I’ve caught on bbc2 (so for the older kids) have been awful I thought. So condescending and false. I can’t imagine any teenager either watching or getting anything from it. I get that they are trying to help but learning doesn’t have to be so... I don’t know the word I’m looking for but unnatural and like Playschool back in the day.

Have you watched any? Is the younger kids stuff any better?
I’ve watched a few of the Celebrity Supply Teachers with my 6yo. He loved the PE ones and He was amazed at Mark from The Chase doing a Maths one. Haven’t seen anything other than that.

For stuff that is aimed at 9-12(?) year olds, it's way too childish imo.

Also I have completely forgotten how easy some of the stuff is, especially when it comes to science. No wonder the jump from something like GCSE and A-Level feels so big for some subjects.