BBC Licence Fee Threatened To Be Axed - what to you think the future of the BBC should be?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've been thinking of stoppung payibg for it as i never watch BBC. Does anyone know if anyone ever actually gets prosecuted for not having one?

I have recently cancelled my direct debit for the tv license! I never used to mind paying for it with the view that my paying for it covered the cost of an oap’s license. Then they talked about making everyone pay for it so I decided I’d had enough! No one in our house watches regular tv and we haven’t had an aerial hooked up for at least a couple of years! We watch netflix, amazon prime, channel 4 app and the itv app for dancing on ice 😂 I did get a letter through asking me to register online saying I don’t watch it etc but tbh I think that’s just to get your email address in case you try and watch iplayer so I didn’t do it!

Reactions: 1
I recently read that there are no such things as tv license vans and it's all a PR stunt to scare us into paying!

Reactions: 2
I have recently cancelled my direct debit for the tv license! I never used to mind paying for it with the view that my paying for it covered the cost of an oap’s license. Then they talked about making everyone pay for it so I decided I’d had enough! No one in our house watches regular tv and we haven’t had an aerial hooked up for at least a couple of years! We watch netflix, amazon prime, channel 4 app and the itv app for dancing on ice 😂 I did get a letter through asking me to register online saying I don’t watch it etc but tbh I think that’s just to get your email address in case you try and watch iplayer so I didn’t do it!
So many people i've asked don't have one. I have always thought I can't risk a fine. But same as you we rarely watch live tv. So have cancelled!

I recently read that there are no such things as tv license vans and it's all a PR stunt to scare us into paying!
My dad did get in trouble for not having one, so it can happen - someone came to the door and found his lodger watching who had no idea. He had to go to court even I think... however I don’t know how he was caught, probably a lucky punt seeing his household hadn’t paid rather than a damn Stasi van outside as they used to imply in those ads ... and this was like 2004.

• Wow
I've been thinking of stoppung payibg for it as i never watch BBC. Does anyone know if anyone ever actually gets prosecuted for not having one?
I cancelled my license- I have Netflix and occasionally now tv. I did my homework and spoke to them when I cancelled- I’m not allowed to watch live tv or the bbc iplayer (which I don’t do either) I unplugged my freeview box and the tv upstairs has no aerial- even if I wanted to plug the downstairs one in it’s a pain in the arse as would have to move furniture. I can still watch on demand in itv, 4 and my 5 players. The only time I even watch those is Christmas films on 5. This works for my family as can’t remember the last time there was something I wanted to watch on actual tele- I read the guide every week at my Nana’s lol but never anything that I think ooh I want to watch that x