Bartholin Cysts

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone suffer from these regularly? I have been for years and I’m at my wits end 😭

Reactions: 2
Hello. Yes I do. Sometimes I get them quite frequent, other times I can go ages between them. I've never actually had them diagnosed TBF, but it's definitely that, I just deal with them at home. But there a real pain and very uncomfortable. I think if there really troubling you I'd visit the GP. I've just never gone as I'm a bit shy like that but also I've always managed them myself but I expect if they get really bad you might need antibiotics. I hope you get sorted x

Reactions: 1
I was actually gonna start a thread on this. I think I have one (it’s in the right place) but it’s like an oval pea sized. It doesn’t hurt unless I’ve been sitting on a hard surface. And it’s never gone big or pussy. I’m also pretty sure it goes up and down in size. Does this sound like one?

I get these. Have done probably for a couple years now. I usually hold a hot flannel on it for a few minutes and it either bursts or goes away. They can be really painful though.

I used to get these frequently and they could be painful and uncomfortable. I decided to stop wearing panty liners (I used to wear them every day) and I haven’t had one since. It’s been around two months now so maybe it’s too early to know if these were the cause or not, but in my case I think they were.

• Sick
I get these. Have done probably for a couple years now. I usually hold a hot flannel on it for a few minutes and it either bursts or goes away. They can be really painful though.
Is this when they’re big and you can see pus in there? I’m not sure if mine has pus in it, it’s been the same small size for months but fluctuates around my period

Is this when they’re big and you can see pus in there? I’m not sure if mine has pus in it, it’s been the same small size for months but fluctuates around my period
I wouldn't say big, probably pea size to be honest. I've never seen pus as such, but if I hold a flannel on it then sometimes it has burst and some gunk has come out.
Mine don't tend to be around my period to be honest and do disappear for a good while x

Reactions: 3
Don’t really think the 🤢 reaction to my post was really necessary @Kim Mild but apologies if me not wearing panty liners makes you feel sick! 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
I wouldn't say big, probably pea size to be honest. I've never seen pus as such, but if I hold a flannel on it then sometimes it has burst and some gunk has come out.
Mine don't tend to be around my period to be honest and do disappear for a good while x
Thank you 💛 I just tried a flannel for 5 mins (but then had to go into a meeting so thought I better stop 😂), but I did see a white head appear. I’ll try again later when I have more time.

• Haha
I use a hot compress and the majority of the time it all comes out. Sometimes I squeeze them although I'm sure that's probably not the best thing to do. I've read they can need lancing if they get big but mine never had fortunately. Can anybody pin point what causes them? This sounds a bit gross but I'm sure semen aggravates me - sorry TMI 😂

• Haha
I use a hot compress and the majority of the time it all comes out. Sometimes I squeeze them although I'm sure that's probably not the best thing to do. I've read they can need lancing if they get big but mine never had fortunately. Can anybody pin point what causes them? This sounds a bit gross but I'm sure semen aggravates me - sorry TMI 😂
I've no idea on the cause I'm afraid, I suppose friction can aggravate them though!
To be fair I haven't had one for a few months now. There never seems to be a pattern of when I get them.

I too stopped wearing panty liners and saw an improvement. I’ve had them for years, every now and again I will see the doctor for anti-biotics but on the whole I manage them at home

Does anyone use anything else apart from a hot flannel? Tea tree oil or any creams?

Does anyone use anything else apart from a hot flannel? Tea tree oil or any creams?
I had one reappear over the weekend after not noticing it for about 6 months.
I’ve never had one that turned in to an abscess but what I’ve always done to treat them is sitting in a hot bath a few times a day (sometimes with some salt added to the water) and then when I get out I soak a cotton pad in witch hazel and then hold that in place with a flannel soaked in pretty hot water over the top for about 5-10 minutes.
The one I had at the weekend was gone pretty much overnight with no swelling left in the morning which is the quickest one has ever gone away for me!

I had one reappear over the weekend after not noticing it for about 6 months.
I’ve never had one that turned in to an abscess but what I’ve always done to treat them is sitting in a hot bath a few times a day (sometimes with some salt added to the water) and then when I get out I soak a cotton pad in witch hazel and then hold that in place with a flannel soaked in pretty hot water over the top for about 5-10 minutes.
The one I had at the weekend was gone pretty much overnight with no swelling left in the morning which is the quickest one has ever gone away for me!
Thank you. I can never find the time to do the bath thing! I’ll have to though. I have done the witch hazel on a cotton pad and kept it there overnight. I couldn’t really notice a difference with the witch hazel though. Maybe it’s better for healing it.

I've started wearing men's boxers lol - they tend to be a lot more loose fitting than women's knickers and this helps when I've got one but also with prevention more generally.

Otherwise, when I do have them I'll have regular baths (with a dash of dettol or epsom salts) to relieve myself.

I've had two. The first was when I was 19 and I thought I was dying 😂 I was so embarrassed I didn't say anything until it got so painful I couldn't wear pants! Eventually I saw a doctor and she suggested a warm compress and ibuprofen, which sorted it out in a couple of days. Then I had one a couple of months ago, but caught it before it was too painful. Popped a warm compress on and then accidentally popped it :sick: but it healed fine.

STI's , mucus and swelling can cause the ducts to become blocked and cause cysts and then once the cyst is formed, sex causes them to become bigger as the glands make more fluid during sex