Barbie Houses

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My daughter has asked for a barbie house for her birthday , I will try to get one 2nd hand as they look absolute crap . Any recommendations for more study versions so I know what to look for? (she has a younger sister who has already shown an interest so I want it to last)

Screenshot_20190831-173534_Amazon Shopping.jpg

My friends little girl has one similar to this, they did have a plastic barbie one and it broke after a few months. They got a barbie swimming pool, used Ebay for barbie furniture bundles to fill it.

Reactions: 1
Smthys toys used to do one, my daughter had it’s bd it was great. Really sturdy and not cheap looking.

View attachment 37021

My friends little girl has one similar to this, they did have a plastic barbie one and it broke after a few months. They got a barbie swimming pool, used Ebay for barbie furniture bundles to fill it.
I’ve been looking at these ones they looks much better quality! Need a smaller one though 😂

Asda doll houses are good. We recently bought one for my niece for her birthday. Wooden and sturdy... And at least a quarter of the price of a Barbie one.

If you have a local B&M type place (not B&M but similar iyswim, the one nearest to me is called What!) you can get the doll house accessories there for pennies in the craft aisle so there’s no need to search for one that comes with furniture. I don’t have kids so don’t know what the best is at the moment but I know when I was a little five year old girl I had a wooden dolls house - it was sturdy and lasted years and years - when I was twelve it was passed to my niece and when she turned nine it was passed on again so I would say don’t bother to go for the trends and get a Barbie house or a LOL doll house because you pay for the money and not the quality. Failing that, maybe look at the Sylvanian Families sets as I’m sure they do cottage type sets. I think the Sylvanians are plastic (from the memory of the one I had) but the one I had was passed down to me from the eighties and is still in fantastic condition!

I love sylvanian families, such better quality! Most of what we have is 2nd hand bought barbie doesn’t fit in it 🙄

Will look into the ASDA one, we’ve got an Asda wooden kitchen and that’s been fantastic quality 👍

Ikea?! I know they do a basic dolls house. Not quite Barbie.
It’s probably a council house.

• Haha