Baptiste - BBC

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone watch it tonight? What did you think?

I found it difficult to hear what they were saying half the time, going to watch again with subtitles.

I’ve always loved Baptiste’s character but wonder whether they’re dragging it out a bit too much now.

Reactions: 2
I watched it . Hopefully the story will be a decent story anyway so it doesn't rely on the Baptiste character.

I can't even remember much of the original programme before his spin off

Reactions: 1
Was the original program not The Missing? The first one was James Nesbitt and the second one Keeleg Hawes and then there was this as a spin off. Can’t remember any of the story lines though, apart from the first one with its let down ending 😫

Watched last night and will watch some more as it’s on the iPlayer.

Reactions: 3
I never watched The Missing, so only the first episode of Baptiste and now this one. A thread says a lot when there are very few comments. I really wasn't sure what to make of Sunday's episode. I suppose this means I didn't like it that much so far, otherwise I would have binged-watched the next episodes by now. I will still watch again next week, but it hasn't grabbed me yet.

Loved The Missing, wasn't a fan of S1 of Baptiste. I think he's better in smaller doses.

• Haha
I'm watching this. I normally binge watch crime drama's but this is quite harrowing and hard to watch. I'm not sure if I like it or not. Agree that Baptiste himself is better in small doses, and The Missing was far better.

Reactions: 4
I did prefer Baptiste in the The Missing series. I loved The Missing S1 but felt the ending was a letdown. The Missing S2 had me hooked and loved the ending. S2 did tie up all the loose ends. I did feel Baptiste S2 reminded me of The Missing S2 in some parts. I think the writers would've been better off doing another series of The Missing. I am a huge fan of the character Baptiste but not a fan of this spin off series. I am still not over The Missing series one ending. I would love to see a follow up from where that finished.

Reactions: 7
I did prefer Baptiste in the The Missing series. I loved The Missing S1 but felt the ending was a letdown. The Missing S2 had me hooked and loved the ending. S2 did tie up all the loose ends. I did feel Baptiste S2 reminded me of The Missing S2 in some parts. I think the writers would've been better off doing another series of The Missing. I am a huge fan of the character Baptiste but not a fan of this spin off series. I am still not over The Missing series one ending. I would love to see a follow up from where that finished.
I totally get you with the S1 ending! I like to think that was his son in that snowy country but alas we’ll never be sure 🙄

• Sad
What are people's theories after the most recent episode? My theory is that the ambassador bullied an employee and either them or their family went after her family as revenge. The terrorism aspect could be fake .

Yes! This is the one ending of a show that still bothers me! I really wanted answers and was gutted when S2 wasn't going to follow up on where it left it.

Yes! This is the one ending of a show that still bothers me! I really wanted answers and was gutted when S2 wasn't going to follow up on where it left it.
The viewers were gutted with The Missing S1 ending. It was a shame S2 didn't continue from S1. I did think S2 was better because I felt it answered all my questions for that series. I don't think I will ever forget the power drill scene 😨Bring Baptiste back for The Missing S3 and drop the spin off series. 🙌

The viewers were gutted with The Missing S1 ending. It was a shame S2 didn't continue from S1. I did think S2 was better because I felt it answered all my questions for that series. I don't think I will ever forget the power drill scene 😨Bring Baptiste back for The Missing S3 and drop the spin off series. 🙌
Yeah I really liked S2 for the same reasons. Can we bring baptiste back for S3 and pretend it’s S2 and gives us answers for S1 pleaseeee :cry: I’d be so happy. I was devastated. I just wanted Jimmy Nesbitt to get closure and find his wee boy and then he did but got carted off duck sake😰

I'm not sure I'll stick with this series of Baptiste. There doesn't seem to be a whole lot to the storyline just yet in the way of possible twists etc. and it's all a bit bleak. I didn't much enjoy S1 of Baptiste either. Loved The Missing, though, and also liked the character of Baptiste in that. Not sure this spin-off was the best idea.

After tonight's episode I think they could have had this series as a detective drama with just the Hungarian detective, and the Baptiste character isn't needed . The could have introduced another character to do the bits that Baptiste did .

I’m about to watch episode 6 and I’m not going to lie, it’s dull af. It’s no Missing!

What are people's theories after the most recent episode? My theory is that the ambassador bullied an employee and either them or their family went after her family as revenge. The terrorism aspect could be fake .
There is only one employee I have noticed and that is her 'aide' - always around but not predominantly featured...yet...

I'm not sure I'll stick with this series of Baptiste. There doesn't seem to be a whole lot to the storyline just yet in the way of possible twists etc. and it's all a bit bleak. I didn't much enjoy S1 of Baptiste either. Loved The Missing, though, and also liked the character of Baptiste in that. Not sure this spin-off was the best idea.
Yes, I'm still watching, but more for the sake of it than actually enjoying it.

I’m about to watch episode 6 and I’m not going to lie, it’s dull af. It’s no Missing!
Please don't say anymore! I'd like to be bored at my own pace ;)

Last edited:
  • Haha
There is only one employee I have noticed and that is her 'aide' - always around but not predominantly featured...yet...
The man who looks like he disapproves of everything?

He looks really familiar, I'm sure he is one of those actors that have small parts in lots of things without people knowing/ remembering who they are.

He looks really familiar, I'm sure he is one of those actors that have small parts in lots of things without people knowing/ remembering who they are.
He’s in Line of Duty, I have my suspicions about him too..

That is why he could be a baddie in the end :cool:

He’s in Line of Duty, I have my suspicions about him too..
I always think too much about things, so the poor bloke could be totally innocent. However, he just happens to always be there which is either pointless, or there is more to find out about him...

What happened between Baptiste finding the mask in the lady's house and the shooting at the end? My little one woke up and I missed it and can't find spoilers online.