Bam Margera

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
As a fan for years, seeing what he’s become now is really sad. I’ve been especially disturbed by the way he’s been berating and publicly embarrassing his wife and child recently on Instagram. The fact he calls Phoenix “titty boy” and blames him for his lack of sex life is vile. I can’t understand why Nikki let’s him make those remarks, let alone post them publicly on the internet. When she said she won’t have sex with him because he doesn’t shower or brush his teeth I almost vommed.

I don’t necessarily agree that his issues are solely related to Dunn’s death. Bam seems like the little boy who never grew up. He was praised and paid for acting like a jackass his whole teens/twenties, then when people moved on and MTV were no longer interested he just never matured and stayed in that eternal state. I think he thought once he got married and had a baby he would grow up but nope, still acting like a cringy ass teenager and can’t let go of the old days. You can see that in his Dr Phil episode when he literally blames everyone else for his problems except himself, and in his subsequent insta-rants. He has no concept of responsibility.

All his old friends from Viva La Bam have moved on, got married, got normal jobs, distanced themselves from him and generally sorted themselves out, but sadly I don’t think he’ll ever get it together. But I hope I’m wrong. I mean, look at Novak, he seemed like a lost cause and now he’s doing great!

• Heart
Reactions: 19
As a fan for years, seeing what he’s become now is really sad. I’ve been especially disturbed by the way he’s been berating and publicly embarrassing his wife and child recently on Instagram. The fact he calls Phoenix “titty boy” and blames him for his lack of sex life is vile. I can’t understand why Nikki let’s him make those remarks, let alone post them publicly on the internet. When she said she won’t have sex with him because he doesn’t shower or brush his teeth I almost vommed.

I don’t necessarily agree that his issues are solely related to Dunn’s death. Bam seems like the little boy who never grew up. He was praised and paid for acting like a jackass his whole teens/twenties, then when people moved on and MTV were no longer interested he just never matured and stayed in that eternal state. I think he thought once he got married and had a baby he would grow up but nope, still acting like a cringy ass teenager and can’t let go of the old days. You can see that in his Dr Phil episode when he literally blames everyone else for his problems except himself, and in his subsequent insta-rants. He has no concept of responsibility.

All his old friends from Viva La Bam have moved on, got married, got normal jobs, distanced themselves from him and generally sorted themselves out, but sadly I don’t think he’ll ever get it together. But I hope I’m wrong. I mean, look at Novak, he seemed like a lost cause and now he’s doing great!
Novak has completely turned his life around and Bam used to slate him hard for it but he should’ve been using him as an example to aspire to.

It is really sad - I really liked him but it seems something happened with the MTV fame that he’s just ended up a a hole that he can’t seem to get out of. His family must be at their wits end the amount they have supported him over the years.

Reactions: 6
Novak has completely turned his life around and Bam used to slate him hard for it but he should’ve been using him as an example to aspire to.

It is really sad - I really liked him but it seems something happened with the MTV fame that he’s just ended up a a hole that he can’t seem to get out of. His family must be at their wits end the amount they have supported him over the years.
He’s done amazingly well and you’re right, Bam should be inspired by his story but I actually think he’s jealous of it/resents it. I think it’s why whenever he goes on a binge he always tries to “expose” Novak, when really there’s nothing to expose. It’s almost like he kept Novak around because 1. He was his friend who would just do anything for money, so great content and 2. He made him feel better about how he was doing in life. Now Novak is actually doing really well, he can no longer serve either of those purposes in Bam’s warped mind. He also knows that he just doesn’t have that same spark in him that Novak eventually did to get clean, and doesn’t wanna try and find it.

Reactions: 6
Bam was always a bit of a bully and extremely sneery to others on his show and now he’s physically repugnant now, it’s very hard for people to gloss over his behaviour anymore.

A lot of his pranks in retrospect was just him punching his dad or uncle or simply dangling dollars in front of his lackies to see what he could get them to do (like Novak). He was also pretty nasty to whichever girl he was with on that particular episode and even squared off with (and backed down) Tony Hawk when the latter briefly appeared on his show for a tour bus trip. Hawk told him off for a ”prank war” which involved his unwitting tour bus which he didn’t find remotely funny.

Bam broke a lot of bones as a skateboarder and on his show so I have always wondered if he mixes opioid-based pain with alcohol - I’ve known fellas with duff backs or worn out knees from sport who turned into absolute fiends when they mix the two. Not excuse him, but he’s clearly lashing out all around him and trying to put them in their place to make himself feel better.

Reactions: 5
I loved Jackass.
Too many childhood head injuries. There’s a reason his parents nicknamed him Bam.

Reactions: 2
It's so sad to see how far he has gone. Definitely a case of being worshipped for being a literal Jackass and missing the memo when you grow up and move on.

I'm sure Phil and April rue the day they encouraged it all but then they probably earnt a lot of money. Is Jess around?

I LOVED them all and now think it's just dead sad. Pontius posing with knives, Dave England looks like he lives in a hedge, I still can never get over Steve-O being with Stacey Solomon 🤣

Novak is the most impressive out of all of them. I still cannot believe the transformation, amazing for him.

Reactions: 8
Bam just never really grew up, did he :(

My teen years were full of CKY, Viva La Bam and Jackass and it’s like he’s gone in reverse. He’s always been a bit of a knob but watching someone’s obvious decline is always uncomfortable and sad to watch. I feel Ryan’s death accelerated it.

Reactions: 4
I was mega into CKY / HIM and bam when I was a teenager.
HIM are a bloody brilliant band in their own right - the fans aren’t obsessive - drawing heartagrams is no different to metal fans drawing pentagrams but I digress.

Ville Valo actually found Bam very odd - if you watch any interviews post the era where bam stuck his nose in, Valo is very dismissive of him.
You can tell post the situation he understands Bam has issues and he doesn’t talk about that - at the time he heavily helped them try to break the US which I don’t think they wanted really but what band would say no to that kind of hype?

bam has gone down a terrible path and I remember seeing him in 2013 when they did the f*ckface tour - I’ve never felt so uncomfortable and walked out. It was them essentially perving over girls and gave me the ick

he is abusing himself terribly and I feel so sorry for his wife and son. She obviously tries to be there for him but she shouldn’t need to put up with such crap from him. I think Ryan Dunn’s death has had a huge deal to do with it but he also clearly has a lot of abusive issues with obsessive behaviours and documenting everything, he even did that wedding show with his ex missy.

I feel sorry for the guy but seeing his post where he let his new tattoo get infected - I think he’ll be dead before long

Reactions: 4
I can’t believe how different he looks! I was quite into skateboarding/Tony Hawk and other skateboarders when I was a teenager in my emo phase. Wow.

Reactions: 1
I was mega into CKY / HIM and bam when I was a teenager.
HIM are a bloody brilliant band in their own right - the fans aren’t obsessive - drawing heartagrams is no different to metal fans drawing pentagrams but I digress.

Ville Valo actually found Bam very odd - if you watch any interviews post the era where bam stuck his nose in, Valo is very dismissive of him.
You can tell post the situation he understands Bam has issues and he doesn’t talk about that - at the time he heavily helped them try to break the US which I don’t think they wanted really but what band would say no to that kind of hype?

bam has gone down a terrible path and I remember seeing him in 2013 when they did the f*ckface tour - I’ve never felt so uncomfortable and walked out. It was them essentially perving over girls and gave me the ick

he is abusing himself terribly and I feel so sorry for his wife and son. She obviously tries to be there for him but she shouldn’t need to put up with such crap from him. I think Ryan Dunn’s death has had a huge deal to do with it but he also clearly has a lot of abusive issues with obsessive behaviours and documenting everything, he even did that wedding show with his ex missy.

I feel sorry for the guy but seeing his post where he let his new tattoo get infected - I think he’ll be dead before long
I was at the FFU tour that year as well and I’m so glad you said this!

A lot of people still defend Bam saying that all of his issues stem from him not being able to get over Ryan's death.
But Bam was on a path to destruction long before Ryan died. And like all addicts, has latched on to Ryan's death as something to lay the blame for all his troubles on and gain sympathy for.
It's a disgrace to Ryan's memory to this was the cause. He was fucked up long before that.

Reactions: 10
I had a Heartagram actually tattooed just down below my ear when I was 18 😂😭 wish I had just stuck to drawing it on my bag tbh it’s mortifying now I’m 30 and want to tie my hair up 😂
It’s okay I know people with several tattooed on them AND things like Bam’s signature

Reactions: 3
Funnily I recently started following the Jackass guys again. Terribly sad to see what’s happening with Bam, it’s a car crash in slow motion. Can’t help but worry for Phoenix.

I see Nikki’s an antivaxxer...🙄

Bam Margera lacing his dad's camper van with fireworks was a thing of beauty. I can't think of much that bettered that.

Reactions: 2
Wow. I'm so glad I came across this thread. I came across an article a few weeks ago about bam margera and fell down a rabbit hole.

His wife looks absolutely broken but also seems she was a total enabler for his addiction for so long. Seems like until recently she was as strung out as him.

I also fell down a rabbit hole of Novak and I'm so impressed the change in him. I even recently read one of his books. I find him absolutely fascinating. Although I have seen a few comments on his IG from people claiming he is in fact a body broker hence him posting a number for people struggling and needing help. He seems to work for a rehab facility and not just have his own halfway house.

I hope this thread takes off because as a 30+ year old that still skates it's giving me great nostalgia.

Reactions: 8
Steve O looks to be doing well. Seems to have really turned his life around. Think he’s over ten years clean now? Impressive when you consider how much of an addict he was

Reactions: 12
ETA From what I remember, Dunn was vastly superior at skateboarding.
Bam was okay, but from just re-watching some of his skating videos now, essentially the only reason he was as good as he was had a lot to do with him seemingly having a complete absence of any kind of fear. Which helps, obviously, but that can't make up for lack of technical ability.

Reactions: 3
I met him years ago in London, drunk of course and gave off dickish kinda vibes.
I remember reading an article a fair few years back now and I think he was in the UK and out and about. He was really drunk so a bouncer wouldn’t let him into the club they were heading to so apparently Bam got all “do you know who I am?” and tried picking a fight. The bouncer just replied “yeh” and floored him 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7