Ballinger family

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Agreed, I also think that if it happens, she'll go and then decide it isn't for her after all. Think they have a fairly sheltered homeschool life, and for that to change to school, plus homework, plus clubs so a very busy full on schedule compared to what she is used to & when all your siblings are at home without you.. plus she's kinda quirky so then she has the added extra of trying to fit in and make friends without knowing a single person.
Yes there are so many layers to the situation that I really think she'll struggle if she goes. She seems to have built an idea of school in her head, but the reality will be very different. Keeping up with the work and making friends when she's been surrounded by family will be huge changes. I also think she'll find it difficult when the novelty wears off and she realises it's hard work day in day out, as it seems like she's been left to coast and go at a much slower pace at home.

Reactions: 2
It also looks like Bailey is picking up on Colleen's "traits" and is already commenting on how "her brain works" when she gets distracted. Sad

It also looks like Bailey is picking up on Colleen's "traits" and is already commenting on how "her brain works" when she gets distracted. Sad
She was like a mini Colleen when she was talking about going to school. The facial expressions, dramatic voice, rushed talking and the mannerisms. It's not a great role model to be copying, and will alienate her even more from the other children if she does go to school.

Reactions: 6
She was like a mini Colleen when she was talking about going to school. The facial expressions, dramatic voice, rushed talking and the mannerisms. It's not a great role model to be copying, and will alienate her even more from the other children if she does go to school.
Yeah I find that sometimes watching her that she's half in character and half herself but all mixed into the same conversation, so it's really hard to follow her when she is speaking as half of it comes across as a character.

Reactions: 4
Yeah although I found Duncan entertaining at 2. Flynn is almost 3 but he doesn't seem that expressive.
well it's because he has language problems due to his syndrome...

plus even if his parents film him he's not here to entertain you. a kid can be shy or calm...;).He has plenty of extrovert and expressive siblings for you to "enjoy"

plus even if his parents film him he's not here to entertain you. a kid can be shy or calm...;).He has plenty of extrovert and expressive siblings for you to "enjoy"
Flynn's syndrome? Do you mean Luke?

Yeah but I'm responding to a statement that toddlers are boring to say not all toddlers are, Duncan was an entertaining toddler. Flynn isn't into it and yeah Luke has his issues. I think all the parents clearly do want their kids to entertain us hence the video making.

Reactions: 1
Her grandparents seemed to really understand what she wanted for her birthday more than anyone else, but I couldn't help thinking some of the gifts were a bit young for a 14 year old. However, she was so gracious and kind for every present and she will really make a great mom/childminder/teacher one day

Her grandparents seemed to really understand what she wanted for her birthday more than anyone else, but I couldn't help thinking some of the gifts were a bit young for a 14 year old. However, she was so gracious and kind for every present and she will really make a great mom/childminder/teacher one day
What did she get?

Jessica said multiple times taht she had sent the list to them...

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.