Ballinger family

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah I noticed the jigsaw thing as well, but then remember Bailey got a MacBook one year and the boys never really got anything expensive so I wonder if that’s the reason why the boys got their turn. It’s a bit of a shame though all of the boys getting theirs on the same day and Bailey sitting with a jigsaw.

Reactions: 1
So Rachel and Matt broke up. It was obvious but she made it official on Colleens TikTok
Not suprised, he was never into her family and her family seem to be everything to her! He was also sitting alone and not at gatherings etc.

Reactions: 3
I just watched their Christmas day one and I may have seen wrong but I don't really want to watch it again. All the boys got their big presents and they were really expensive gifts that cost hundreds of dollars. Then we see Bailey get hers
and it's a jigsaw. Seems unbalanced to me. Maybe her present from 'santa' was a similar price to boys big presents and surely at her age she knows it's really off her parents but I don't know. If I was her mother and given how charitable her santa gift was I think I'd want to get her a pretty decent big gift that even if not quite as expensive as they boys didn't look quite so much less. Also not quite sure why Jessica was so amazed about it being a 1000 piece puzzle as that's a common size for them to be where I'm from.
The puzzle might not of been much compared to the boys big present but I've found the same one online for $170+ so probs around similar price of the other things

• Wow
The puzzle might not of been much compared to the boys big present but I've found the same one online for $170+ so probs around similar price of the other things
If I opened a Puzzle as my main present, I would of cried even now as a grown adult. $170 for a puzzle.... A PUZZLE!

Wow really? I don't think I'd ever pay that much for a jigsaw even if I had loads of money.

The Puzzles are Wentworth ones, so handmade and cut in whimsical shapes, a 1000 piece one is rare and in the UK they cost about £140, so they have to pay import and shipping fees too.

Have they ever mentioned if the kids will eventually go to public school as teens like Jessica and Christopher did? The older Bailey and Jacob get the more this crosses my mind.

Have they ever mentioned if the kids will eventually go to public school as teens like Jessica and Christopher did? The older Bailey and Jacob get the more this crosses my mind.
I’m not familiar with the American schooling system but I remember then asking Bailey on a vlog about what electives (?) she wanted to take, I can’t remember what she said (possibly drama and french) but is that a high school thing? The way she answered made me think she’s already chosen and they’ve signed her up for classes. I think Bailey will be homeschooled the whole time but I can see Jacob maybe asking to go to school. I’d like to know what would happen if one of their children asked them to go to school.

I’m not familiar with the American schooling system but I remember then asking Bailey on a vlog about what electives (?) she wanted to take, I can’t remember what she said (possibly drama and french) but is that a high school thing? The way she answered made me think she’s already chosen and they’ve signed her up for classes. I think Bailey will be homeschooled the whole time but I can see Jacob maybe asking to go to school. I’d like to know what would happen if one of their children asked them to go to school.
She reallllly could do with going to a school, it’d help her so much! She’s stuck in a house with babies acting like a second mother - she’s quite introverted now and has no friends. Going to school would be the making of her!

Reactions: 7
She reallllly could do with going to a school, it’d help her so much! She’s stuck in a house with babies acting like a second mother - she’s quite introverted now and has no friends. Going to school would be the making of her!
I agree, I’m only worried that she’d be teased by other children because she’s not as interesting in teenage things as some others her age. Teenagers can be cruel and I think Bailey’s a sweet kid and I’d hate to see her knocked down like that. But I agree that it could be the making of her!

I notice that her and Jacob (and sometimes Parker) are all learning the same thing, is one of them really behind and doing easy things or are some of them really ahead for their age? I can’t see how they’re all getting an education appropriate for their age.

Reactions: 2
I agree, I’m only worried that she’d be teased by other children because she’s not as interesting in teenage things as some others her age. Teenagers can be cruel and I think Bailey’s a sweet kid and I’d hate to see her knocked down like that. But I agree that it could be the making of her!

I notice that her and Jacob (and sometimes Parker) are all learning the same thing, is one of them really behind and doing easy things or are some of them really ahead for their age? I can’t see how they’re all getting an education appropriate for their age.
Bailey is very into reading, puzzles, and learning which is cool for her! It’s like a double edged sword I think when it comes to her possibly going to physical school one day. She’s not really into what kids her age are like ( at 13 I had my own social media, went to the mall and shopped at stores like forever 21, and watched Pretty Little Liars very week). And while it seems her parents have been introducing her to more mature tv shows and movies, I still feel like she doesn’t interact much with someone who is her average peer (not in the same type of schooling situation or church ect.) j just wonder what someone with her schooling/family dynamic would be like potentially in college without those formative years. I don’t have any experience or knowledge when it comes to homeschool so it will be interesting to see, because their family dynamic and online presence makes it a lot different than any other family that homeschools.

Bailey is very into reading, puzzles, and learning which is cool for her! It’s like a double edged sword I think when it comes to her possibly going to physical school one day. She’s not really into what kids her age are like ( at 13 I had my own social media, went to the mall and shopped at stores like forever 21, and watched Pretty Little Liars very week). And while it seems her parents have been introducing her to more mature tv shows and movies, I still feel like she doesn’t interact much with someone who is her average peer (not in the same type of schooling situation or church ect.) j just wonder what someone with her schooling/family dynamic would be like potentially in college without those formative years. I don’t have any experience or knowledge when it comes to homeschool so it will be interesting to see, because their family dynamic and online presence makes it a lot different than any other family that homeschools.
I think her issue is that, she has no interaction with people her age. When I was her age I used to go to top shop to buy things with my pocket money and McDonalds on Saturdays with my friends, then odd trips to the cinema, beach, I went to a theme park with my friends. I think they are stunting her personal growth into a lady because she all she has is them and younger brothers who buy her toys for children because they also want to play with the toys, I was getting classic rated 15 movies, a lady shaver and things like that for Christmas at her age.

I remember I used to watch 18 rated horror movies when I was 11 with my parents or sister, my parents stopped treating me like a baby when I was around 11 and you know, became a lady if you get me! They’d rather me be honest and open than watch things rather than do things behind their backs which is probably what will happen!

Right now they are just morphing her into a mini Jessica!

I think her issue is that, she has no interaction with people her age. When I was her age I used to go to top shop to buy things with my pocket money and McDonalds on Saturdays with my friends, then odd trips to the cinema, beach, I went to a theme park with my friends. I think they are stunting her personal growth into a lady because she all she has is them and younger brothers who buy her toys for children because they also want to play with the toys, I was getting classic rated 15 movies, a lady shaver and things like that for Christmas at her age.

I remember I used to watch 18 rated horror movies when I was 11 with my parents or sister, my parents stopped treating me like a baby when I was around 11 and you know, became a lady if you get me! They’d rather me be honest and open than watch things rather than do things behind their backs which is probably what will happen!

Right now they are just morphing her into a mini Jessica!
I was also hanging out with friends at that age, going ice skating, going for lunch, the cinema, etc.

But watching 18 rated movies at 11? I would never in a month of sundays let my kids do that. Some kids start their periods at 9, doesn’t mean they should be watching 18 rated horror movies. I was never allowed to watch that kind of stuff at that age, I also started at 11, and never did behind my parents back.

At 4 or 5 I watched a horror movie at my grandmothers and honestly have been scared of the things in it ever since. If you Google the physiological effects of kids watching horror movies you’ll see it can make them have anxiety, sleep issues, etc.

I was also hanging out with friends at that age, going ice skating, going for lunch, the cinema, etc.

But watching 18 rated movies at 11? I would never in a month of sundays let my kids do that. Some kids start their periods at 9, doesn’t mean they should be watching 18 rated horror movies. I was never allowed to watch that kind of stuff at that age, I also started at 11, and never did behind my parents back.

At 4 or 5 I watched a horror movie at my grandmothers and honestly have been scared of the things in it ever since. If you Google the physiological effects of kids watching horror movies you’ll see it can make them have anxiety, sleep issues, etc.
I’ve always enjoyed horror movies though because I just find them funny and unbelievable plus my sister is 5 years older so I just wanted to do everything she did - for the longest time I thought she used hair gel in her hair in Something About Mary. I have to say I was living in a quite chav-y area at the age of 10-13 due to my dads job so was exposed to things much earlier through my friends and groups we would hang around.

I did a similar thing to you when I was quite young, my parents fell asleep with me in the living room (I’ve always been a bad sleeper) and Chucky came on the TV I apparently watched most of it before the woke up and went on to tell everyone about this movie and my mum was panic telling everyone it was Chucky from the Rugrats haha!

Why are they suddenly distancing when they have been together multiple times over the past few months, they were all In a cabin together 4 weeks ago and Colleen had her parents, Rachel and Trent around and now in the Ballinger Vlog they’re all distancing from each other. Are they doing it for the vlogs?

Reactions: 2
I think it’s because Bailey had been in and out of hospital m. Think Colleen says it in her vlog

Why are they suddenly distancing when they have been together multiple times over the past few months, they were all In a cabin together 4 weeks ago and Colleen had her parents, Rachel and Trent around and now in the Ballinger Vlog they’re all distancing from each other. Are they doing it for the vlogs?

This family needs to be the next topic on The Dad Challenge Podcast. This entire family gets away with blatant exploitation of their kids because they're related to the Queen Bee of youtube. Disgusting.
I have enjoyed DCPs videos on Fathering Autism and he has made me think about things more deeply. I watch the Ballinger family occasionally, not often as I find the mother really annoying. I have always thought that at least the kids seem to really like being on camera but then I thought of course they do they've had a camera on them since birth so they don't know any different. I guess this is where the issue of informed consent comes in. I imagine they love it because they believe everyone that watches are fans and all love them as their parents aren't going to want them to know about any negativity towards them or the sickos. I've noticed Bailey doesn't seem to feature quite as much as her brothers and I wonder if she's starting to be more aware of the ramifications of having your life out for all to see and has asked to feature less.

Reactions: 4
I have enjoyed DCPs videos on Fathering Autism and he has made me think about things more deeply. I watch the Ballinger family occasionally, not often as I find the mother really annoying. I have always thought that at least the kids seem to really like being on camera but then I thought of course they do they've had a camera on them since birth so they don't know any different. I guess this is where the issue of informed consent comes in. I imagine they love it because they believe everyone that watches are fans and all love them as their parents aren't going to want them to know about any negativity towards them or the sickos. I've noticed Bailey doesn't seem to feature quite as much as her brothers and I wonder if she's starting to be more aware of the ramifications of having your life out for all to see and has asked to feature less.
I think that’s the reason the oldest three (especially Parker) seem to overreact at certain things, I think they’re unknowingly doing it for the camera.

I noticed on a video the other day that Jessica started the vlog and they were all sat round the table eating breakfast and she said she was reading them a story and as she panned the camera round you very quickly saw Bailey giving Jessica a bit of a look as if to say ‘why are you filming this, I don’t want to be on camera’. Also, I feel like Bailey was more reluctant to do advent this year, I’m sure she wants to do it and enjoy it but not when she feels like she has to guess every time and share it and react for the camera.

Reactions: 5
What happened to the podcast? And the last vlog they uploaded was filmed 28 December what do they actually do all day?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.