Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Apple In My Pie

VIP Member
Im a good baker even my gran used to say so. I make an amazing coffee and walnut cake and when I was a young,poor single mum,I always made everyone home made truffles for Christmas.
truffles! I really want to make some truffles - are they easy to make? 😊

Reactions: 1

Apple In My Pie

VIP Member
I am an avid baker. I can’t cook to save my life but baking is a big passion of mine. I have just not five minutes ago finished making homemade fudge for the first time and I am honestly a teeny bit proud of myself. I really thought it’d fail because I had a fudgy caramel slop for AGES before mixing but it worked!!! It worked! I currently have a full tray of soft, gorgeously crumbly fudge that is about a million calories per square (seriously, I know it sounds dull but I never realised how much SUGAR goes into fudge!) - I’ve made it for Christmas presents for some family members but omg it is taking all of my willpower not to eat the entire tray now. 😩😩😩 I had some of the messy pieces (just to check it was set! ;) ) and O.M.G. if you heard a moan echo around it was me. I am in a fudgey coma of deliciousness.

A fail though... cookies. I ’made’ chocolate orange cookies once. My sister made them last year and they were gorgeous - soft, gooey, melted chocolate orange in the middle, little chocolate orange on top... beautiful. Ohhhh I thought, easy. I’d made chocolate chip cookies before and they were fine... I had High Hopes! The mixture was made, the house smelled like an orchard and/or as If I was living inside a chocolate orange....

...they came out flat, as If they had melted into the tray, and what was salvageable was hard/crispy. I cried. To this day I have no idea what i did wrong because I hadn’t changed the recipe or method any. The Baking Gods must’ve been pissed off!

So! Bakers of tattle, what have been your greats and your not so greats? Recipes welcome 😋

(This is mostly a shameless boast about my fudge and I am not sorry. 😆 I am generally useless at everything else I do in life and have to work around the way I do things because of my CP so to have something that tastes great and was made relatively easily makes me well up a bit!)

I made it by scratch with unicorn tears, obviously used this recipe!

Reactions: 1
D

Deleted member

I am an avid baker. I can’t cook to save my life but baking is a big passion of mine. I have just not five minutes ago finished making homemade fudge for the first time and I am honestly a teeny bit proud of myself. I really thought it’d fail because I had a fudgy caramel slop for AGES before mixing but it worked!!! It worked! I currently have a full tray of soft, gorgeously crumbly fudge that is about a million calories per square (seriously, I know it sounds dull but I never realised how much SUGAR goes into fudge!) - I’ve made it for Christmas presents for some family members but omg it is taking all of my willpower not to eat the entire tray now. 😩😩😩 I had some of the messy pieces (just to check it was set! ;) ) and O.M.G. if you heard a moan echo around it was me. I am in a fudgey coma of deliciousness.

A fail though... cookies. I ’made’ chocolate orange cookies once. My sister made them last year and they were gorgeous - soft, gooey, melted chocolate orange in the middle, little chocolate orange on top... beautiful. Ohhhh I thought, easy. I’d made chocolate chip cookies before and they were fine... I had High Hopes! The mixture was made, the house smelled like an orchard and/or as If I was living inside a chocolate orange....

...they came out flat, as If they had melted into the tray, and what was salvageable was hard/crispy. I cried. To this day I have no idea what i did wrong because I hadn’t changed the recipe or method any. The Baking Gods must’ve been pissed off!

So! Bakers of tattle, what have been your greats and your not so greats? Recipes welcome 😋

(This is mostly a shameless boast about my fudge and I am not sorry. 😆 I am generally useless at everything else I do in life and have to work around the way I do things because of my CP so to have something that tastes great and was made relatively easily makes me well up a bit!)

I made it by scratch with unicorn tears, obviously used this recipe!
Im a good baker even my gran used to say so. I make an amazing coffee and walnut cake and when I was a young,poor single mum,I always made everyone home made truffles for Christmas.

My biggest fail was when I attempted to make puff candy (don’t know if it’s just a Scottish thing - think it also gets called cinder toffee). It’s literally 3 ingredients,sugar,golden syrup and bicarbonate of soda. God only knows what I did wrong but when I put the bicarbonate of soda in,it started to overflow out of the pot onto the worktop where it promptly solidified. It was a hammer and chisel job to get it off.
Your fudge sounds fab

SunshineDreamer

Chatty Member
Baking I can do, I’ve made all of my kids cakes however I once tried to make marshmallows....never ever again. They were....like rubber bands.