Great British Bake Off 2021

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm not keen on Matt either. He's like he's trying too hard or something. I just don't find him funny. Noel is great though. You know who I think would be fab? (especially paired with Noel) Dara O' Briain. He's got that dry wit.
He would be perfect

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Wonder which one of that bunch is going to be the falsely modest one that aces every challenge?

Can't wait for the new series :)

Reactions: 7
I don't mind Noel (would prefer others but he's bearable) but Matt Lucas doesn't work at all. Really surprised/disappointed he's back. Such a bad fit for Bake off. Really love Prue though, I've always preferred her to Mary.

Reactions: 12
Wonder which one of that bunch is going to be the falsely modest one that aces every challenge?

Can't wait for the new series :)
The smug one. There's one every year. Ian who was in the final the year Nadiya won had to be the worst ever.

Reactions: 9
On the topic of smug ones, who is everyone's favourites and worst ever contestants?

My faves, seems to go without saying that S5 was my fave lol! -

Martha (S5) ❤
Luis (S5)
Richard (S5)
Nancy (S5)
Selasi (S7)

Absolute worst -

RUBY, RUBY, RUBY, RUBY, arggggghhhhh 💀 (S4)
Nadiya (S6)
Candice (S7)
Liam (S8)
Laura (S11)

So interested to see what everyone else goes for!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Series 5 was my favourite too.

Favourites:

Mary Anne Boermanns (S2)
James Morton (S3)
Ruby Tandoh (S4, controversial, but I liked Ruby)
Kate Henry (S5, really loved Kate)
Luis Troyano (S5, absolute gentleman RIP Luis :()
Norman Calder (S5)
Richard Burr (S5)
Paul Jagger (S6, his 'bread lion' is still to this day, the BEST thing I have EVER seen on Bake Off)
Tamal Ray (S6)
Benjamina Ebuehi (S7)
Sophie Faldo (S8, picked her as the winner on night one)
Jon Jenkins (S9)
Rahul Mandal (S9, picked him as the winner on night one)
Henry Bird (S10)

Couldn't stand:

Joanne Wheatley (S2, "I've only ever been a poor wife and Mum". She spent the entire series chanting this)
Cathryn Dresser (S3, "Oh my giddy aunt, oh my giddy aunt, oh my giddy aunt")
Howard Middleton (S4, gave me the creeps, spit of my BIL which didn't help matters)
Diane Beard (S5, evil witch. She did that to Iain's ice cream on purpose)
IAN CUMMING (S6, without a shadow of a doubt I have never hated a Bake Off contestant so much. SMUG, SMUG, SMUG)
Kate Barmby (S7, just came across as such a goody goody)
Steven Carter Bailey (S8, another smug man)
Stacey Hart (S8, ditzy, everything pink, totally fake)
Yan Tsou (S8, also bordering on smug)
Dan Beasling Harling (S8, smug yet again. There seems to be a lot of them)
KIM JOY HEWLETT (my second most hated after Smug Ian. She was just SO irritating, with her children's clothes and turning on the tears every five minutes)
David Atheton (S10, yup, it's another smug one)
Michelle Evans Fecci (S10, "I'm Welsh, I'm from Wales, Have I mentioned that I'm Welsh, Did I tell you that I'm from Wales?" I've got nothing against the Welsh. I just don't understand why she had to tell us every five minutes)
Laura Adlington (S11, Actually I probably dislike her even more than Smug Ian. Constantly claimed that everyone was trolling her and picking on her because of her size and that was why she didn't win. No, she didn't win because she was a tit baker and there was no way she deserved to be in the final. She also had a serious attitude problem)

And breathe 😂 😂 😂

I didn't really like any of last year's contestants.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
Series 5 was my favourite too.

Favourites:

Mary Anne Boermanns (S2)
James Morton (S3)
Ruby Tandoh (S4, controversial, but I liked Ruby)
Kate Henry (S5, really loved Kate)
Luis Troyano (S5, absolute gentleman RIP Luis :()
Norman Calder (S5)
Richard Burr (S5)
Paul Jagger (S6, his 'bread lion' is still to this day, the BEST thing I have EVER seen on Bake Off)
Tamal Ray (S6)
Benjamina Ebuehi (S7)
Sophie Faldo (S8, picked her as the winner on night one)
Jon Jenkins (S9)
Rahul Mandal (S9, picked him as the winner on night one)
Henry Bird (S10)

Couldn't stand:

Joanne Wheatley (S2, "I've only ever been a poor wife and Mum". She spent the entire series chanting this)
Cathryn Dresser (S3, "Oh my giddy aunt, oh my giddy aunt, oh my giddy aunt")
Howard Middleton (S4, gave me the creeps, spit of my BIL which didn't help matters)
Diane Beard (S5, evil witch. She did that to Iain's ice cream on purpose)
IAN CUMMING (S6, without a shadow of a doubt I have never hated a Bake Off contestant so much. SMUG, SMUG, SMUG)
Kate Barmby (S7, just came across as such a goody goody)
Steven Carter Bailey (S8, another smug man)
Stacey Hart (S8, ditzy, everything pink, totally fake)
Yan Tsou (S8, also bordering on smug)
Dan Beasling Harling (S8, smug yet again. There seems to be a lot of them)
KIM JOY HEWLETT (my second most hated after Smug Ian. She was just SO irritating, with her children's clothes and turning on the tears every five minutes)
David Atheton (S10, yup, it's another smug one)
Michelle Evans Fecci (S10, "I'm Welsh, I'm from Wales, Have I mentioned that I'm Welsh, Did I tell you that I'm from Wales?" I've got nothing against the Welsh. I just don't understand why she had to tell us every five minutes)
Laura Adlington (S11, Actually I probably dislike her even more than Smug Ian. Constantly claimed that everyone was trolling her and picking on her because of her size and that was why she didn't win. No, she didn't win because she was a tit baker and there was no way she deserved to be in the final. She also had a serious attitude problem)

And breathe 😂 😂 😂

I didn't really like any of last year's contestants.
Oh when you see a big list you remember so many you've forgotten! How could I forget KIM JOY!? Omg sameeeeeee she was a bleeping twit bag 🤣 🤣 🤣 And the bread lion! Legit, best thing on bakeoff ever, Paul deserves a spot in faves purely for that alone!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Oh when you see a big list you remember so many you've forgotten! How could I forget KIM JOY!? Omg sameeeeeee she was a bleeping twit bag 🤣 🤣 🤣 And the bread lion! Legit, best thing on bakeoff ever, Paul deserves a spot in faves purely for that alone!
Looking at this years contestants, I suspect that Lizzie could be this year's Kim Joy .....

Actually reading back my list, I think I hate Laura even more than Ian. She was a horrible bitter woman. I found her really nasty. She wasn't a talented baker but instead she made out that she was disliked because of her size. Bullshit. Mary Anne Boermans from series two was a larger lady than Laura, but she never once mentioned it, because she was a genuinely good baker and she didn't need an excuse.

Reactions: 4
I'd forgotten about Kim Joy 😂 she was so annoying! I didn't warm to any contestants last year really, and certainly not Peter who was just far too twee and cute for my liking. It was creepy 😂

• Haha
Looking at this years contestants, I suspect that Lizzie could be this year's Kim Joy .....

Actually reading back my list, I think I hate Laura even more than Ian. She was a horrible bitter woman. I found her really nasty. She wasn't a talented baker but instead she made out that she was disliked because of her size. Bullshit. Mary Anne Boermans from series two was a larger lady than Laura, but she never once mentioned it, because she was a genuinely good baker and she didn't need an excuse.
I really agree, I hate people who play the victim card for sympathy votes. Noone gave a tit about her size, she's on a baking show! It's not remotely relevant, people didn't like her because of her horrible attitude and crap baking.

I'd forgotten about Kim Joy 😂 she was so annoying! I didn't warm to any contestants last year really, and certainly not Peter who was just far too twee and cute for my liking. It was creepy 😂
I gave up after a few episodes last year, I just didn't like any of them so it was so boring lol.

Another vote for not liking Matt as a presenter! He's just not funny at all, his jokes even seem to fall flat with the contestants and it just ends up feeling awkward.

I liked Kim Joy to start with, but as the series went on I found her more and more irritating!

The daily fail comments section on the contestant unveiling article are hilarious 😂 more entertaining than the show 😂

Ah Selasi. The most chilled out baker ever. I loved him!! He will always be my fave.

Hope this year is better than last year!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I loved James in series 3 with his lovely Aran jumpers, he was robbed! Mat and Tamal in Nadiya’s year I really liked too. Really liked Frances Quinn, she still has incredible creative ideas and her bakes are so beautiful.

So many of the later seasons blur into one, I’m struggling to remember names and faces. I also hated smug Ian (I remember getting so ragey because he kept saying he was making things that were ‘a bit risqué’ when he meant ‘risky’) and Kimberley the psychologist. There was also a vicar’s wife (Sarah Jane?) who I just found so twee and nicey-nicey.

I loved James in series 3 with his lovely Aran jumpers, he was robbed! Mat and Tamal in Nadiya’s year I really liked too. Really liked Frances Quinn, she still has incredible creative ideas and her bakes are so beautiful.

So many of the later seasons blur into one, I’m struggling to remember names and faces. I also hated smug Ian (I remember getting so ragey because he kept saying he was making things that were ‘a bit risqué’ when he meant ‘risky’) and Kimberley the psychologist. There was also a vicar’s wife (Sarah Jane?) who I just found so twee and nicey-nicey.
I forgot about Mat, the tall fireman. Yes he was nice.
I wasn't too keen on Frances. She reminded me of Cassandra Trotter. Wasn't she banned from her local Waitrose a few years ago after robbing flour and eggs?
Yeah, Sarah Jane was the vicar's wife, so I guess they're always going to be a bit twee. She had a market stall afterwards with Cathryn Dresser. The "Oh my giddy aunt" one.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.