Great British Bake Off 2021 #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
New thread for the final next week. Let’s hope it’s not a misoppointment ...

previous thread:

Word of warning - probs best not to read here before watching the shows if you don’t want spoilers.

Reactions: 6
Juergen was hands down better than Giuseppe in both the technical and the show stopper. Paul absolutely judged Juergen more harshly.

And crystelle, you dedicate a bake to your 50,000 grannies every week. Give it up

Not sure I can even watch it next week. Never been so bitterly disappointed

Have some minor GBBO tea… met someone who works on the show who said that whoever won was being difficult…. ☕

• Wow
Reactions: 38
Complained to offcom, sick of Paul Hollywood always being completely biased to the young and pretty. It’s gross. Last week they had to think about consistent baking and then this week?

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I think Chigs has become very cocky in the last few weeks. I'm not sure I believe the whole 'Didn't know how to bake at all, only started during lockdown'

Reactions: 18
Producers need to chuck Hollywood after this series and perhaps Prue too. In fact, I think Noel could also be changed.

Whilst I can be 50/50 on whether Prue and Noel stay, I'm certain Hollywood must go. He's been clinging onto this show for years now after his affair bombed any chance of wider TV work (I mean when do you ever see him on anything else?) and as a result he has become the epitome of big fish in a small pond.

Evidently biased judging year after year and a stale presence/commentary that can be resolved by giving him the boot and getting a fresh, genuine baker into a judging slot.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I watched Married At First Sight Australia finale tonight and betrayed Bake Off but just caught up, read the result accidentally just before the technical, whoops 😭 But wrote down some thoughts anyway:

Paul Hollywood as Elvis 🤢
Poor Jurgen no handshake!! Pleased for Giuseppe though, I was so worried for him!!
I laugh every time they make a Paul gorilla joke
CREME MUSSOLINI omg Chigs 💀
I love Noel, get rid of Matt pleeeeaase everyone hates him
Bored of Crystelle piping flowers again
Jurgs show stopper looks beautiful, I'm fuming at the result
Wow Chigs's apples!! He should have been star baker

Hollywood shits himself around manly men because his ego doesn't like to be outmanned. He was the same with Paul lion bread a few years ago.
@DCICassieStuart omg I'm still not over the bread lion!!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
Ah bloody mail spoiling it on their homepage :LOL: ! Does anyone else not really care about the last 5 minutes and the judges talking? I tend to switch it off and find out the next week.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Judging standards seem to be made up week on week

E.g. last week Lizzie gets sent home for being the least best of the 5 over the whole period whilst the week before George goes despite Lizzie bombing the Showstopper. This week Jurgen goes based on the Showstopper... make it make sense.

Reactions: 23
Jurgens show stopped although it didn’t look the best was the hardest? I swear they usually comment on how bakers who use the marshmallow/rice crispies to build are taking an easy option?

Ah bloody mail spoiling it on their homepage :LOL: ! Does anyone else not really care about the last 5 minutes and the judges talking? I tend to switch it off and find out the next week.
I don’t, I usually watch on catch up and just skip to when they give the results. Also can’t be bothered to watch them speak after the result and just turn it off straight after

Reactions: 13
I'm so gutted for Jurgen! I think Paul and his fragile ego took a disliking to him and has been judging him too harshly lately. Crystelle is good at piping roses but I don't think her bakes ever look that good, and she is way too over the top! When she got a handshake and said she was picturing her "entire family jumping for joy" 🙄

Giuseppe or Chigs to win for me, I'll be gutted if it's Crystelle!!!

Could do without Paul, Prue and Matt tbh, Matt seems like he feels above the show he comes across disdainful, Prue tends to agree with everything Paul says, and Paul is just an absolute nob who is far too much up his own backside. Fed up of him!

Reactions: 20
It's really nice to see how much love Juergen is getting online, especially on both the Bake Off Instagram account and his own account ❤

Look at Rahul's comment 😢

Screenshot_20211116-232400_Instagram.jpg

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 37
I should have known that following Jurgen on IG would spoil it for me (US gets this on Friday)

Yeah I'm done with GBBO. I'm not ashamed to say that the early seasons helped lift me out of a really dark period of my life, but that magic is gone. I have consistently disliked how blatant Paul and Prue have been and even Noel/Matt about crafting this weird standard for Jurgen and making the audience feel like he could only be knocked off a pedestal they put him on.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Producers need to chuck Hollywood after this series and perhaps Prue too. In fact, I think Noel could also be changed.

Whilst I can be 50/50 on whether Prue and Noel stay, I'm certain Hollywood must go. He's been clinging onto this show for years now after his affair bombed any chance of wider TV work (I mean when do you ever see him on anything else?) and as a result he has become the epitome of big fish in a small pond.

Evidently biased judging year after year and a stale presence/commentary that can be resolved by giving him the boot and getting a fresh, genuine baker into a judging slot.
A one-trick pony, like Tess Daly

Reactions: 4
I thought that Chigs would be the one to go. I defo thought that there was no way they would let 3 men through to the final.

But I never thought that Jurgen would be sacrificed 😭😭😭

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.